CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't the dogs alerting to human decomposition? So if they are trained for human decomposition would they alert to animal decomposition?

Trained dogs shouldnt hit on animal decomposition. Iirc

I haven't heard that Dylan slept on the sofa and would love to see that info confirmed.

I kept seeing everyone referring to sheets and Dylan's scent.....but...there were no sheets?

I said that way back on page one if they needed something with a scent if he didnt sleep on the bed maybe he slept on the sofa. That was just speculation.

but i find dad's constant criticism of le kind of insulting, given the irresponsible parenting on his part, imo. He leaves the kid alone, never checks in on him, then when he does return, he does not check into why he is not there. He assumes he somehow got a ride somewhere, with no double checking at all.
Eventually, 5 hrs later, he does go see if he is at his friends. And he has the nerve to criticize le for not finding his own son sooner?

this.

I haven't seen anywhere where LE confirmed who reported what when? IDK...
I was just giving this link to Linda7NJ as seemed to be looking for a link regarding mom reporting that she called the Sheriff shortly after receiving the call from dad.

Thank you, yes because another poster claimed dad didn't call and report, mom did.

Well, ER did accuse MR of doing something to Dylan, and if she wholeheartedly believes he did, could account for her use of past tense. IMO

She said both things before much of anything had even been done (not that a lot has been done since then). I think 3-4 days is sooner than I'd believe someone I had been married to for 20 years, and who had spent many times alone with OUR child, would murder him. Maybe I'm just weird though. Don't everybody rush to agree with the last statement! :notgood:

Weren't the dogs alerting to human decomposition? So if they are trained for human decomposition would they alert to animal decomposition?

Some [most] dogs are capable of telling the difference, but occasionally they do mistake a dead moose or somethimg for human remains, according to what I have learned in other cases. They are supposed to know the difference, but sometimes make errors.

I haven't heard that Dylan slept on the sofa and would love to see that info confirmed.

I kept seeing everyone referring to sheets and Dylan's scent.....but...there were no sheets?

Mmmm... I remember it being discussed in reference to the "open" floor plan in his father's house. jVM? It was in the very beginning. I'll look for a link.

I don't understand, either, why MR drove to the friends' house instead of calling them on his landline. Even if there's a toll charge, it's cheaper than gas, and this is his son whom he was supposedly worried about. Wouldn't he want to stay at the house and call around in case Dylan showed up????

Assuming he had the friend's number.

Because of the depth of the water (and possibly some other condition), they were only allowed to dive for about 30 minutes a day. They were there at least twice, and maybe 3 days, but that's still not a lot of time. They were using the sonar too, and I think they were basing it more on that. MOO

I saw this reported before by others, but I checked with my hubby then, who's a PADI Course Director, the highest level of training certification they have for scuba diving instructors, as it didn't sound right to me. (I'm a certified advanced & nitrox diver.) Neither altitude, temp, or depth would restrict them to diving only 30 minutes a day, even given off gassing needs. Perhaps the training and/or equipment was inadequate. For the record, we've dove to 130', and tech divers with alt gas mixes and tank set ups, can have longer bottom time/dive deeper.

We've dove in everything from oceans to silty ponds and lakes, so I was thinking of heavily silted lake bottoms. I am not familiar with how advanced depth finders are, I think they map the hard bottoms of lakes, so IDK if there was a deep layer of silt something settled into :( if it'd impact the findings. IMO, there's still a chance Dylan's in the lake. Hate to say that.

Was Dylan's bed made up...or unmade?
Was there trash in the trash can that would be consistent with something Dylan ate or drank that night at the house?

eeerrrrrr...its makin me crazy that LE isnt planning on telling us anything about the house search!! :maddening:

I just wanna throw this out there cause this isn't the 1st case that's made me think about this. We all (me included) spend alot of time picking apart the tone, expressions, wording, emotions and reactions of the parents of missing children. Unfortunately, we've all seen so many cases where a parent was responsible that I think we almost look to them 1st. The thing is, because we are WSers, we spend a lot more time than your average Joe thinking about "what if my child was abducted". We all think we know just what we would and wouldn't do and just how those around us would react, but unless (God forbid) it happens to one of us, we really don't know. It's such an extreme circumstance. We don't even exactly know what Dylan's parents are thinking in their heart of hearts bc we all know we'd be thinking about Jessica Ridgeway because we have all "lost our innocence" regarding missing persons cases, but MR might really believe (if he is not involved) that Dylan ran off and is hiding somewhere, as absurd as that sounds to us here. And I'm sure that when Dylan's mom bad-mouthed MR in the press she did not realize the implications like we do here. KWIM?

Jmo

I saw this reported before by others, but I checked with my hubby, who's a PADI Course Director, the highest level of training certification they have for scuba diving instructors, as it didn't sound right to me. (I'm a certified advanced & nitrox diver.) Neither altitude, temp, or depth would restrict them to diving only 30 minutes a day. Perhaps the training and/or equipment was inadequate.

We've dove in everything from oceans to silty ponds and lakes, so I was thinking of heavily silted lake bottoms. I am not familiar with how advanced depth finders are, I think they map the hard bottoms of lakes, so IDK if there was a deep layer of silt something settled into :( if it'd impact the findings. IMO, there's still a chance Dylan's in the lake. Hate to say that.

There is no evidence Dylan was ever anywhere near the lake. They searched the lake because father claimed a fishing pole was missing, and they found a pole at the lake. But they established this pole they found didn't belong to Dylan.

Mmmm... I remember it being discussed in reference to the "open" floor plan in his father's house. jVM? It was in the very beginning. I'll look for a link.

Dylan didn't have his own room at his Dad's??? How long had the father lived in that house, do we know???

Thank you, yes because another poster claimed dad didn't call and report, mom did.

Well, I don't know who claimed that, but that would be a factual claim since apparently father didn't call but went in person and mom called.

Because of the depth of the water (and possibly some other condition), they were only allowed to dive for about 30 minutes a day. They were there at least twice, and maybe 3 days, but that's still not a lot of time. They were using the sonar too, and I think they were basing it more on that. MOO

Yes. I think they need to go back. Sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMae0823