CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. The first two days he ewas missing they had all hands on deck for their SEARCH for a missing child. They were coordinating search and rescue efforts in the woods and abandoned outbuildings and at the dam, where dad himself insinuated the boy might be, with his missing fishing pole. There were searchers in the woods ALL night both Monday and Tuesday, and 200 people searched the surrounding neighborhoods, and local parks.

How would it have looked to amass their forces at Dad's cabin while Dylan might be out in the woods in a ditch or stuck in a ravine? They took dad at his word that Dylan went off fishing by himself. So why would they put all of their resources into searching his property?

Besides, they DID search it the first day or so. They said they looked in all of the rooms and the basement, looking for Dylan and his cell phone. So they did do a search. And obviously they kept their eyes peeled for a crime scene or anything obvious.

But I find dad's constant criticism of LE kind of insulting, given the irresponsible parenting on his part, imo. He leaves the kid alone, NEVER checks in on him, then when he does return, he does not check into why he is not there. He assumes he somehow got a ride somewhere, with no double checking at all.
Eventually, 5 hrs later, he does go see if he is at his friends. And he has the nerve to criticize LE for not finding his own son sooner?

Thank you.

You said it soooo much better :blushing::blushing:

I wish we knew of one confirmed sighting of Dylan somewhere, anywhere after his arrival in Durango. Not someone who saw some kid who "could" have been Dylan. An actual, verified, sighting.

I'm afraid that whatever happened to Dylan happened nearly immediately after his arrival. And that whatever happened didn't happen in a vehicle or property owned by Dad. He was taken somewhere and whatever happened to him, was in such a secluded area that it will be unlikely he will be found. :(

IMO

I was simply wondering if Dylan's bed was made when dad went home from his errands? Does Dylan usually make up his bed? Is it a possibility he didn't sleep in the bed? Just curious questions...

Also, what did Dylan eat when he got home with dad from the grocery store? My kids never could go to the store with me without getting cookies or pop-tarts or something to eat as soon as we got home.

Not specifically talking about this case. But I've seen more times than I care to count where a parent uses the child and custody to hurt the other parent. Ya may want to go back and read what you missed, this has all been discussed up thread
There was a situation involving someone I know years ago. I mentioned it briefly on an earlier thread. Her husband left her for another woman and he showed NO interest in their 2 sons, so the woman and her young sons moved near her parents over 500 miles away. Not long afterwards, the ex and his gf moved near them and sought joint custody of the kids. Once that was awarded, the ex and new wife moved to CO, over 1000 miles away and then starting seeking primary custody of the kids. At first the kids weren't that excited about seeing their dad, but he started promising to buy them things. Whenever a judge would rule in the mom's favor, the dad would take her to court again and she was running out of money paying for lawyers. When the oldest boy was about 12, he was asked which parent he wanted to stay with and he chose his dad. So, the dad was awarded primary custody of both sons. The judge even acknowledged that the woman was a good mother, but felt the dad and his new wife could provide for the boys better because they both worked and had a higher income. The mother was devastated!

So, my point is that a disinterested parent will sometimes use the children and seek custody only to hurt the ex. I know it can work both ways and it's a shame that selfish parents do such things.

I'm very curious as to WHY ER decided to move her family nearly 300 miles away.

I was simply wondering if Dylan's bed was made when dad went home from his errands? Does Dylan usually make up his bed? Is it a possibility he didn't sleep in the bed? Just curious questions...

Also, what did Dylan eat when he got home with dad from the grocery store? My kids never could go to the store with me without getting cookies or pop-tarts or something to eat as soon as we got home.

Well, we aren't sure Dylan even had a bed at his father's house.

I saw this reported before by others, but I checked with my hubby then, who's a PADI Course Director, the highest level of training certification they have for scuba diving instructors, as it didn't sound right to me. (I'm a certified advanced & nitrox diver.) Neither altitude, temp, or depth would restrict them to diving only 30 minutes a day, even given off gassing needs. Perhaps the training and/or equipment was inadequate. For the record, we've dove to 130', and tech divers with alt gas mixes and tank set ups, can have longer bottom time/dive deeper.

We've dove in everything from oceans to silty ponds and lakes, so I was thinking of heavily silted lake bottoms. I am not familiar with how advanced depth finders are, I think they map the hard bottoms of lakes, so IDK if there was a deep layer of silt something settled into :( if it'd impact the findings. IMO, there's still a chance Dylan's in the lake. Hate to say that.

Kevin Torres said it on his site on November 26, and said one of the divers would be on 9news that night at 9pm/10pm. I thought he had given information about why, but that may have been the diver who did or on one of his newscasts.

There is no evidence Dylan was ever anywhere near the lake. They searched the lake because father claimed a fishing pole was missing, and they found a pole at the lake. But they established this pole they found didn't belong to Dylan.

I know that, and the lake could just be an intentional red herring, but it hasn't been cleared to my satisfaction as a diver enough for anyone to assume the dogs were wrong, as one said. Now, LE may have a perp in mind that they're keeping close to the vest, and their info may show the lake as not an option, but he also could've been harmed and disposed of there, given the little we know at this time, IMO.

I wish we knew of one confirmed sighting of Dylan somewhere, anywhere after his arrival in Durango. Not someone who saw some kid who "could" have been Dylan. An actual, verified, sighting.

I'm afraid that whatever happened to Dylan happened nearly immediately after his arrival. And that whatever happened didn't happen in a vehicle or property owned by Dad. He was taken somewhere and whatever happened to him, was in such a secluded area that it will be unlikely he will be found. :(

IMO

I said pretty much exactly the same thing!
and I agree.

Kevin Torres said it on his site on November 26, and said one of the divers would be on 9news that night at 9pm/10pm. I thought he had given information about why, but that may have been the diver who did or on one of his newscasts.

Yes, I know it was reported and not just random posters saying it. :). I'm just saying it just doesn't mesh with diving facts, unless there were training or equipment issues. And we all know that unfortunately not everything reported is accurate, even on 9 News, which is my fav local station.

Moo

http://www.kjct8.com/news/Investiga...-boy/-/163152/17609894/-/yrl3duz/-/index.html

Authorities have ruled out the possibility that Dylan is a runaway due to the length of time he's been missing, lack of cell phone activity, and the fact that he hasn't contacted any family or friends.

They also believe there's no chance Dylan wandered off and became lost in the wild.

So wondering off and getting lost is also out of the question! MAN THIS IS LOOKIN WORSE EVERY DAY

I saw this reported before by others, but I checked with my hubby then, who's a PADI Course Director, the highest level of training certification they have for scuba diving instructors, as it didn't sound right to me. (I'm a certified advanced & nitrox diver.) Neither altitude, temp, or depth would restrict them to diving only 30 minutes a day, even given off gassing needs. Perhaps the training and/or equipment was inadequate. For the record, we've dove to 130', and tech divers with alt gas mixes and tank set ups, can have longer bottom time/dive deeper.

We've dove in everything from oceans to silty ponds and lakes, so I was thinking of heavily silted lake bottoms. I am not familiar with how advanced depth finders are, I think they map the hard bottoms of lakes, so IDK if there was a deep layer of silt something settled into :( if it'd impact the findings. IMO, there's still a chance Dylan's in the lake. Hate to say that.

I also think there's more than a good chance he's in there too.

There is no evidence Dylan was ever anywhere near the lake. They searched the lake because father claimed a fishing pole was missing, and they found a pole at the lake. But they established this pole they found didn't belong to Dylan.

There is dads missing pole story coupled with two dog hits.

Because of the depth of the water (and possibly some other condition), they were only allowed to dive for about 30 minutes a day. They were there at least twice, and maybe 3 days, but that's still not a lot of time. They were using the sonar too, and I think they were basing it more on that. MOO

Yes, that is true, but I don't think the team from NM even went into the water did they? I think they were just looking at sonar. I probably should just shut up about this because I was looking at KT's FB and he may not have posted it all. jmo

I don't understand, either, why MR drove to the friends' house instead of calling them on his landline. Even if there's a toll charge, it's cheaper than gas, and this is his son whom he was supposedly worried about. Wouldn't he want to stay at the house and call around in case Dylan showed up????

Yeah that, AND......what if he arrived at the friends house and Dylan WAS there having a great time? Uhm mm, wouldn't it seem kinda ......drastic......to go driving that distance over there just to say "ok, I thought you were here". I mean, wasn't he EXPECTING that Dylan would be there anyway?

--- Did the friend even HAVE a phone? Maybe he HAD to drive there if there was no phone.
--- Did he only go there at ER's insistence? If they spoke beforehand and she told MR that Dylan hadn't answered her calls or texts at all that day and MR told her Dylan "was at friends house" and to chill. Maybe she told him he better eyeball Dylan personally or she'd be calling law enforcement pronto.

>>>>>>>>> Maybe it was actually ER that raised the initial 'alert' about Dylan's absence, forcing MR's hand. <<<<<<<<<<

If that's what happened, it becomes apparent that Dylan could have ended up missing for several DAYS before he was reported missing, with MR claiming he thought Dylan was at a friend's house all that time.

Except there is no sole custody in the state of Colorado. She obtained physical custody (responsiblity) because she moved hundreds of miles away for MR in July of this year where he wouldnt be able to have at least 90 overnight visits per year which is required for shared custody. I just linked the Co. custody laws this morning.

Plus this is believing everything ER has said and Im not willing to do that just yet.

She said he hadnt visited him and implied it had been a very long time and only did when the courts supposedly made him yet MR said Dylan flew into to see him in September of this year just two months before and stayed 3-4 days.

So a lot of things dont add up to me except I sense anger and vindictiveness on the part of Dylan's mom to paint MR in the worse light she can.

IMO

Thank you for your thoughtful response! I did see your link, but I used the term "sole custody" because I was specifically referring to what was written in the local mass media---and they used, wrongly or no, the term "sole custody". The terminology itself doesn't really matter, I don't think; what is truly significant is that the court ruled in Mom's favor, allowing Mom to take Dylan with her when she moved. Courts generally structure their orders to maintain stability and provide consistency for the children; in this instance, the court felt, for whatever reason, that moving with Mom was in Dylan's best-interest---this despite Dylan having grown up in that area, having gone to school and participated in activities in that area, even despite him having Dad in the area. Despite all those stabilizing factors, the court decided that Dylan was better off moving with Mom.
Even more telling, I think, is that older brother also decided to move with Mom and Dylan. At 21yo, he could've readily decided to stay, even live with his Dad, but, notably, he did not. He also, notably, did not come with Dylan to visit his father for the holiday; despite being too old for court-ordered visitation, MR is his father too. Perhaps there is a good reason he chose not join Dylan for the visit (e.g. work schedule?), but the fact that he didn't prompts me to ask why not?
As I said in my ealier post, all these things combined do not match what MR has said regarding Dylan being his whole world--which I find even more curious in the context of MR having other children; there is a lack of sensitivity towards those other children, their grief, their fear, their need for paternal reassurance. If Dylan is MR's "whole world", then where exactly do the other boys fit into his realm of consciousness? If you want to put ER's statements completely aside, look at MR's statements in the context of his other children. Could Dylan's disappearance also be relevant to MR's relationships with the other boys? How about the other boys' relationship with Dylan? I suspect, ever so sadly, that all these things do matter, that there is a pattern of behavior, of choices, of relationships, of parenting, that does not match MR's words.
Maybe my 'Mommy radar' is simply working overdrive, but something is not right, far more than Dylan's tragic disappearance, something is definitely not right.

Apparently father reported him missing too (in person), while mother called.

Maybe Mom called the sheriff to ask what progress, if any, was made so far and to make sure that Dad had reported him missing, or just to check in and tell them she was on her way. Just because it was said that she called the sheriff's dept. does not have to mean she made the missing report.
If CO works like most other places, though, they would not take a missing report from Mom because she lives 5 hours away. That would have to come from Dad because he was with him, or at his house, when he went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler