CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP with the bickering and back and forth. Obviously there are many places to sit on the fence here. Everyone gets their own opinion. If you don't agree, that's fine, move past it. If you find you can't move past it, then make your responde respectful.

If a post is offensive, alert it and MOVE PAST it. Do NOT respond. Just move past it. The mods will take a look when they get a minute.

Salem

I've seen nobody here accuse him of being respectful or responsible, why is he expected to be in this one area?

WEll, for one, he has called Dylan ' his whole world' and his everything. And going from his own words, that he 'gently nudged him awake' that morning, to explain that he had to leave, but he would be bacxk by 11 to help him get to his friends, it sounds like he is making a case for himself as being very respectful and responsible that morning.

So I thought it seemed out of character, in terms of what he described, that he would just go off and not check in later. His kid was out like a light when he left. But he knew when he woke up, he would be wanting to go to town. So it surprises me that he didnt call to say I am on my way back now, be ready.

Oh good point. I can't believe I forgot about that from researching it before in the Linnea Lomax case.

I still find it a little odd that there are so many and all female... but I guess he is getting to that age where he may be becoming more interested in girls. Also odd that they aren't local to him, at least the few I looked at.

umm...I hate FB but logged in to my DH's account briefly to see what you're talking about. For some reason, I'm finding this very disturbing.

I'm sure LE is monitoring all activity and knows what's up.

I bet the FBI is monitoring and has the passwords of his FB's. THey may be accepting new friends in order to speak to people . ??? maybe...

Good thinking! I hadn't thought of that, but it sure would be a way to access his friends and find out what any of them might know.

Question: Would the FBI and local LE be allowed to ask kids questions online without a parent's prior consent ?

My guess is, he saved his password while cookies were enabled, and if you select his login email, the password automatically pops up and someone in his family is accepting friend requests on the account.

Where are all of the missing kids?

I've said it before, but I really am feeling like a jinx, due to the cases I have followed here that remain without a resolution. And now I fear I've brought that to Dylan.

I'm still kind of in shock that Elizabeth and Lyric were found; at least their families will not be haunted by the not-knowing forever.

Somehow, I still think there is at least a chance that Dylan is being kept away due to some sort of unfocused and not-too-well-thought-out custodial thing; I generally would not think this, but there are dynamics in this family that seem to be even more convoluted than most of the cases where kids have gone missing, IMO.

That possibility (custodial) could explain a lot but what now? He isn't a young child that might 'forget' their identity so you would have to keep him hidden but you can't just leave him alone because he still needs some degree of supervision and assistance. You can't just let him go and expect that he will stay quiet now that it has went this far so what is the end game?

I'd love for this to be a custodial interference situation that spun out of control but can still be resolved happily but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That possibility (custodial) could explain a lot but what now? He isn't a young child that might 'forget' their identity so you would have to keep him hidden but you can't just leave him alone because he still needs some degree of supervision and assistance. You can't just let him go and expect that he will stay quiet now that it has went this far so what is the end game?

I'd love for this to be a custodial interference situation that spun out of control but can still be resolved happily but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Yeah, I don't really believe it either. But it is the only option (IMO) where he could be alive and yet not be in the clutches of a pervert.

Yeah, I don't really believe it either. But it is the only option (IMO) where he could be alive and yet not be in the clutches of a pervert.

Mother didn't need to hide him because she had custody. And father is in a public eye right now-how could he possibly pull something like this off? It's not like 13 year old is going to sit somewhere quietly.

Duh! I should have known that. It always means Network Core Protocol to me. :blushing: Thanks.

I think your question is unfair in that case. Of course it's more likely that one of the parents did something than a stewardess on the plane he flew on.

Just like it's more likely the stewardess did something than a 90 year old minister who sat in the back of the plane.

More likely that Minister did it than his dead uncle.

The problem is that there are more than 2 possibilities... and no, I don't think any of my examples are among them. My point was that you can say anything you want there - IF this happened & IF this happened & IF this happened THEN this probably happened. The problem comes when people are not knowing if their premises are true or false. I see a lot of valid arguments saying MR did it, but unless and until he is proved to be guilty, I don't see sound arguments. There's a BIG difference.

No one can say for certain that MR did it. I'm still open to the idea of a stranger abduction, but I'm *leaning* toward MR just due to the circumstances. I think most of us in the MR did it camp are also open to other possibilities, and wish they were probabilities.

Good thinking! I hadn't thought of that, but it sure would be a way to access his friends and find out what any of them might know.

Question: Would the FBI and local LE be allowed to ask kids questions online without a parent's prior consent ?

I think they did something like that with the FBI and Sierra Lamars cAse. A lot of LE time was spent interviewing her online friends, and when we saw weird posts on her FB wall, someone from websleuths [ go JDB] would email it to the tip line. And we would be told they were already on it. In fact, one of the trolls came and joined WS, and began posting in the Sierra forum. I think they were watching him here too, but he quickly left.

But I remember some of her Facebook friends saying they were questioned by the FBI, but I don't know if their parents were contacted first.

However, those 'fake' kids who lure predators on the internet talk to everyone, including kids and they have no prior permission. So maybe it is assumed that kids talking on FB are going to be fair game for the FBI to ask about a missing kid.

Mother didn't need to hide him because she had custody. And father is in a public eye right now-how could he possibly pull something like this off? It's not like 13 year old is going to sit somewhere quietly.

And what would be the point ?

Dylan is 13 and unless you keep him a prisoner forever then he would just go back to Mum when released .

Agreed and a little hope is better than none at all. I want him found alive so badly. I'm ready to throw Shef's alien abduction back into the mix just to improve the odds a little. Any Big Foot or mermaid sightings in that area?

But if he never turned his cell phone on that morning, how would he know he needed to step outsider to get better reception?

Dylan visited his father in September so if he took his cell phone with him, he'd know whether he needed to step outside to get better reception imo.

Dylan visited his father in September so if he took his cell phone with him, he'd know whether he needed to step outside to get better reception imo.

That's very far fetched. Why would he take his backpack and supposedly a fishing pole if he wanted to find better reception for his phone?

Perhaps. But in my experience, reception comes and goes. And it seems odd that he would go outside with his belongings and his backpack, to check and see if his phone was going to get reception.

I would think he would turn it on inside first, check the bars, then step outside if need be, but not with all of his belongings.

IMO thats what it means there has been no activity on Dylans phone in any way, call, text or ping. There was something else in the comments that caught my eye. to paraphrase 'a sudden stop, before it was finished'

Like it was grabbed out of his hands !!!

Not strange if LE is doing it. They would want to accept friend request to see if somebody knows something.

Wouldn't you think they would use both of his FBs for that...I would think there would be activity on both pages, and there isn't...yes I know he has two others, but mom is on the other page so she also knows about that one.

No one can say for certain that MR did it. I'm still open to the idea of a stranger abduction, but I'm *leaning* toward MR just due to the circumstances. I think most of us in the MR did it camp are also open to other possibilities, and wish they were probabilities.

I don't really know what's going on in the heads of other people, but I personally prefer to err on the side of caution. If I consider all other possibilities (that I can think of or I read) and a family member ends up being guilty, nothing is lost because I'm not responsible for proving it, arresting the person, prosecuting him or anything else.

On the other hand, if I decide a parent is guilty and just spend my time finding ways it could have been done by that person, or where proof that the person did it could be found, and the person is innocent, I've added to the burden of a grieving parent, and possibly helped to permanently ruin his/her reputation by things I may have dug up and posted about him/her. I'll choose the first option every time. Not everybody will, and that's their choice, but I think I deserve as much time and bandwidth for my theories as anybody else does. MOO

I think they did something like that with the FBI and Sierra Lamars cAse. A lot of LE time was spent interviewing her online friends, and when we saw weird posts on her FB wall, someone from websleuths [ go JDB] would email it to the tip line. And we would be told they were already on it. In fact, one of the trolls came and joined WS, and began posting in the Sierra forum. I think they were watching him here too, but he quickly left.

But I remember some of her Facebook friends saying they were questioned by the FBI, but I don't know if their parents were contacted first.

However, those 'fake' kids who lure predators on the internet talk to everyone, including kids and they have no prior permission. So maybe it is assumed that kids talking on FB are going to be fair game for the FBI to ask about a missing kid.

I remember and you are right, but difference is Sierra was very active on social networking. Twitter, FB, Instagram so they had a huge area to tap into for some kind of clues. jmo

Wouldn't you think they would use both of his FBs for that...I would think there would be activity on both pages, and there isn't...yes I know he has two others, but mom is on the other page so she also knows about that one.

Most of his accounts were from earlier. They may be just watching the most recent one.

Originally Posted by aust amateur slueth
IMO thats what it means there has been no activity on Dylans phone in any way, call, text or ping. There was something else in the comments that caught my eye. to paraphrase 'a sudden stop, before it was finished'
Could you post a link to that? I don't remember reading it. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member