CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be curious to hear what the consensus is. We (my siblings and I) would always leave notes. My boys are too young to just leave without me knowing (they are 9 and 12) and I'm a SAHM so always here with them. However, my 40 year old husband NEVER leaves notes. Ever. He's an early bird and will wake up on the weekends before any of us and just take a drive.

My husband is the exact same way. If I'm lucky I might wake up to a text that says "Gone to store. Want breakfast?" but usually he is gone & back before I wake up or I wake up and have to text him to ask where he is.

So far I have my best friend saying that her 23yo son never left a note in his life but her 21yo stepdaughter always did and her 13yo son usually does unless he expects to beat her home. My ex SIL says my nieces (11 & 15) always leave her notes. My mom confirms that my brothers and I always left her notes.

I think that regardless of who leaves notes when...Dylan setting off on a twenty mile journey, rather than wait a bit for his ride, without telling anyone, is hard to swallow, unless he and his father were at odds

I just had this horrible thought that this whole thing was premeditated. Mainly because crimes of passion leave evidence. I know there's a whole bunch of scenarios where evidence wouldn't be left, but the possibility that this was premeditated explains a few things.
1. why DR went missing so quickly after arriving in Durango.
2. why there seems to be no evidence
3. why no one in the family has been cleared
4. if it was premeditated, it explains some of MR's demeanor.

I also think that he must be in the lake. The story with the fishing pole would likely be a way to innocently explain why DR will be found in the lake (with a fishing pole) - he got a new fishing pole, couldn't wait for MR to return to drive him to his friends, so he went to the lake to fish and had an accident. It's so simple. if the dad knows what happened, the first thing he said will lead to DR.

I think if MR flew into a rage or had a fight with DR or alcohol was highly involved, there would be more information out there. Something would have been seen or mentioned. I also can't imagine a father getting so mad at a 13 yo he could kill him with bare hands, but I know it does happen. But if this were plotted calmly and well thought out, it explains a lot, and to me, is more plausible than other scenarios that MR got homicidally violent.
also, if it were premeditated, the perp would likely feel justified in his involvement and he'd maintain his lack of sense of guilt. If MR flew into a rage and killed DR by accident, he would be having some psych problems and guilt issues that would expose him in some way.
but who knows.

I just had this horrible thought that this whole thing was premeditated. Mainly because crimes of passion leave evidence. I know there's a whole bunch of scenarios where evidence wouldn't be left, but the possibility that this was premeditated explains a few things.
1. why DR went missing so quickly after arriving in Durango.
2. why there seems to be no evidence
3. why no one in the family has been cleared
4. if it was premeditated, it explains some of MR's demeanor.

I also think that he must be in the lake. The story with the fishing pole would likely be a way to innocently explain why DR will be found in the lake - he got a new fishing pole, couldn't wait for MR to return to drive him to his friends, so he went to the lake to fish and had an accident. It's so simple.

I think if MR flew into a rage or had a fight with DR or alcohol was highly involved, there would be more information out there. Something would have been seen or mentioned. I also can't imagine a father getting so mad at a 13 yo he could kill him with bare hands, but I know it does happen. But if this were plotted calmly and well thought out, it explains a lot, and to me, is more plausible than other scenarios that MR got homicidally violent.
also, if it were premeditated, the perp would likely feel justified in his involvement and he'd maintain his lack of sense of guilt. If MR flew into a rage and killed DR by accident, he would be having some psych problems and guilt issues that would expose him in some way.
but who knows.

premeditated by???

premeditated by???

right. well. I can't say.
but it just makes more sense as a theory to me than a rage or crime of passion.

I think there may be more mystery to this and more conniving than just an alchy dad who got mad at his kid and covered up an accidental murder.

I'd be curious to hear what the consensus is. We (my siblings and I) would always leave notes. My boys are too young to just leave without me knowing (they are 9 and 12) and I'm a SAHM so always here with them. However, my 40 year old husband NEVER leaves notes. Ever. He's an early bird and will wake up on the weekends before any of us and just take a drive.

We have four daughters and one son.

The girls would leave notes sometimes but when our son was 13 he didn't. As he got older he was better about leaving a note.

Now my hubby leaves me notes all the time........sweet mushy ones.:floorlaugh:

right. well. I can't say.
but it just makes more sense as a theory to me than a rage or crime of passion.

I think there may be more mystery to this and more conniving than just an alchy dad who got mad at his kid and covered up an accidental murder.

Okay, so you are thinking this was premeditated by someone possibly known to Dylan. And that whomever that was/is killed Dylan and his body is in the lake?

O/T but I'm glad my husband has become addicted to Minecraft because now he can't get on me about the time I spend here. :)

I think that regardless of who leaves notes when...Dylan setting off on a twenty mile journey, rather than wait a bit for his ride, without telling anyone, is hard to swallow, unless he and his father were at odds

How far was the lake they searched from Dylan's house?

What if he really did hitchhike like his friends said he would do and got in the car with the wrong person.

Has the police taken off 'abduction' as a possibility because I was surprised how quickly they put that on the list of possibilities.

IMO

None of my boys actually write notes. My older two (ages 25 and 22) will either send a facebook message, a text, or an email. The youngest (who will be 12 in two weeks...ugh) prefers text. Kids these days seem to be more technology related than note leavers, at least in my experience.

So, obviously, if Dylan's phone is broken, lost, whatever, and he is unable to text, I highly doubt he'd write a note. IMO

O/T but I'm glad my husband has become addicted to Minecraft because now he can't get on me about the time I spend here. :)

OMG hilarious! We put minecraft of the computer for my 11 year old and he's addicted too. I'll have to tell him that adults like minecraft too. :)

Okay, so you are thinking this was premeditated by someone possibly known to Dylan. And that whomever that was/is killed Dylan and his body is in the lake?

I do think it was premeditated. from a very early date possibly. and at great lengths as well. but not by someone too bright. someone who thinks they thought of everything and did good job covering their arse(s) but who actually didn't.
I cant say if it's someone known to DR or not. or that he was definitely killed. I think I don't want to say that knowing the family and their friends need to maintain hope.
But there's something about the fishing pole that is poignant and I think a very big tip. (does anyone know if it was proved to have been purchased at Walmart the night DR arrived?) unfortunately, I think it means he is in the lake and he was put there by someone who has a vested interest in him being there as opposed to being elsewhere.
I think there is a reason he would have been put there. very deliberate. not an accident.

What if he really did hitchhike like his friends said he would do and got in the car with the wrong person.

Has the police taken off 'abduction' as a possibility because I was surprised how quickly they put that on the list of possibilities.

IMO

BBM. Not sure how helpful this is from 12-8-12:

Lt. Ed Phippen wanted to reassure residents that the Sheriff’s Office “does not believe there is a sex offender abducting children” from the area".

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121208/NEWS01/121209618/0/SEARCH/Volunteers-search-for-Dylan

If he is in the lake and his Dad knows it, all MR can do is wait for Spring, and keep reminding everyone about the "fishing pole."

IMO

Google map says approx. 4-5 miles from MR's home to V. Reservoir. Maybe All9ofUs can comment as he/she is local.

IMO

BBM
"the thought of an abduction was completely unexpected, yet, investigators told Action 7 News that's exactly what they think happened. "

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...ine/-/9153762/17707274/-/pj5977z/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair