Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two items entered into evidence for the purpose of this hearing only. It looked to be a CD. Something tells me for some reason that the defense will try to sneak this evidence in at trial for some use at a later time anyway.

Defense attorney's tie reminds me of the bloody tiled floor.

Denied a Mistrial - in my own words - Judge reviewed all these rules. The court finds that the motion was not timely made; however even if the motion was made on time, the court finds the testimony from Det. Flores would not have changed Judge Duncan's decision, at that time anyways. Judge Duncan, who initially decided this is a DP case, deemed there was cruelty. Travis suffered and was conscious during further attacks.

Whew!

Just saw the argument for Mistrial and judges denial. Been gone since 1:00. In a nutshell, anything big today?

She covered ALL bases with this ruling, it was the right (and only) decision (obviously).

Get ready guys and gals, it's gonna be a LONG trial and we're going to have many more motions for mistrials. I can hardly wait for the next one! lol

Death penalty possiblility is strong, IMO, if any premeditation is found by jury. Sweet dreams, Jodi. :furious:

Sniff sniff....

Is that the smell of desperation?

I think they're just trying to set her up for appeals later

A non-important but annoying observation: Why is Jodi always writing with a stub of a pencil that barely fits her hand?

She covered ALL bases with this ruling, it was the right (and only) decision (obviously).

Get ready guys and gals, it's gonna be a LONG trial and we're going to have many more motions for mistrials. I can hardly wait for the next one! lol

Ain't that the truth!

I'll say at least three more! Not Counting the standard at the very end:)

A non-important but annoying observation: Why is Jodi always writing with a stub of a pencil that barely fits her hand?

Cause she could stab someone to death if it were any longer!

bbm

My kids will be severely neglected by then... :what:

sounds like it doesn't matter if gsw came 1st or later he suffered either way.

All anyone needs to do is look at his hand wounds.

Hope jodi wasn't hanging her hat on that one....she looked awfully smug for a few minutes

So it's the suffering, not 'what came first'? Thanks for clearing that up. :seeya:

Two items entered into evidence for the purpose of this hearing only. It looked to be a CD. Something tells me for some reason that the defense will try to sneak this evidence in at trial for some use at a later time anyway.

Those were transcripts of the previous 2 hearings (probable cause and Crohn) so they are on the record for appeal if Jodi gets the DP. I really liked that the judge was prepared to make her ruling right away.

I like the Judge.

Yes, indeed, HarvestMoon, I do, too. She seems fair and patient - just going along, not excitable, etc., etc.

She did show a bit of pique when the def. atty. was questioning the investigator on & on about his theory of the order of the gunshot/stabbing/neck-slashing early on in the case.... The investigator told the jury that his theory at the time was gunshot first, based on his misunderstanding of the ME, etc., so the def atty was trying to make him look like either a liar or an idiot. Then the pros. got back into it (late in testimony this afternoon), and she gave him some latitude and over-ruled nearly every objection the def. atty. had.
icon10.gif

She's very fair, as I said, but don't try to be sleazy up there -- she'll get you. Good jurisprudence, IMO. Smart, quick-minded judge.

Every day some testimony is given that just makes me shiver. JA really is in a class by herself, isn't she??!! What a depraved, dangerous, and just unbelievable human(?) being. Lock her up forever. :jail: Or even better, worse.

I know, right? I was thinking, what part of this wasn't cruel and unusual? He suffered horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyLynn85