Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she is just so empty the only identity she finds is taking on someone else's. ????

This is what I lean to thinking. I know someone like this. The person is mimicking her (two women, they had been friends) mimicking to the extreme...like buying identical big ticket item. The mimicker has been in therapy (it's not working) I don't know what her diagnosis is. I have been the recipient of a dose of crazy from her so I tend to try to dodge and weave away. She will probably google me and find this and then start up again.. I'll have to say "oh no I wasn't talking about you, its another crazy lady that buys big ticket items"

:truce:

As someone in the industry you serve, thank you very much for this.

There is a directory with clinics all over the country participating,. Free therapy. We specialize in trauma. If nothing else it's like getting a great massage..for free!

Wonder if jurors are considering Jodi as a potential blackmailer and stalker. Now, if defense plays the recorded private sex conversation, it could very well add to jurors sense that Jodi was setting Travis up to blackmail him, or threaten him at a later date.

I'm trying to brace myself for what the defense is going to pull next week. It is making me upset that the only way they can defend her is to completely destroy this young man further than what Jodi already did.

This is what I lean to thinking. I know someone like this. The person is mimicking her (two women, they had been friends) mimicking to the extreme...like buying identical big ticket item. The mimicker has been in therapy (it's not working) I don't know what her diagnosis is. I have been the recipient of a dose of crazy from her so I tend to try to dodge and weave away. She will probably google me and find this and then start up again.. I'll have to say "oh no I wasn't talking about you, its another crazy lady that buys big ticket items"

Her diagnosis is Single White Female. ;)

I'm curious. Is it listed in the book? Anyone have access to a copy?

Do I dare say I have the book?

Cancun is not in there.

They went to the Albuquerque balloon festival, I believe. That is in there.

Not to change the subject, but.......is anyone surprised the DT doesn't have an ME on their witness list?
They seemed so interested in the sequence, but don't seem to be fighting it.

I was listening to some commentary yesterday and I don't know which channel (I may have read it) That after she left the roommates came home. It was his work people that came to the door to say he had missed important things (Call etc) And the roommates went upstairs and went into his room to find him.If I heard even remotely correct, that means they were in the house with TA body for how long?

If I dreamt that, I need to lay off the choc covered macadamia nuts at night..

His room was locked and they had to locate a key to unlock it. Also the dog was not in his room.

I wonder if the animosity between the DAs and PA is real or just a courtroom thing. I've read about other cases where attorneys are at each others throats in the courtroom but share a beer together afterwards.

Wouldn't these two be cute out having a beer together. (Both men are standing in this photo.)

ScreenHunter_01Feb021707.jpg

I have to laugh a bit about Travis binding Jodi to the bed with pillow tassel thread for two reasons.

1. While it is pretty sturdy, it doesn't take a knife capable of killing someone to cut it. All one needs is a small pair of scissors.

2. Travis had a sleigh bed, with no posts to which to tie anyone. That means it would have taken a ton of tassel thread to tie her to the bed frame.

3. (Ok, I lied!) I was making a collage and decided a heavy drapery tassel (with much heavier thread than in the photo) had just the texture and color I wanted. I took a pair of scissors and cut the cord that kept it together and a ton of short pieces fell to the floor! If it had been used as aforementioned, Travis and Jodi would have had to spend a great deal of time tying the little pieces together! :floorlaugh:

During Ms. W's opening, she made such a big deal of those itsy-bitsy pieces of cord and the knife that Travis used to cut it! What a crock! She even showed a photograph of a piece on the stairs. It's not very long, about the length of each piece which originally comprised the tassel!
ITA :twocents::floorlaugh:

I try to put myself in her mind and I just don't think she is sorry about anything. I don't think she even hurts over it. I think there was only one way this was going to conclude and even if it meant she got caught, so be it. She is probably so satisfied he never took the trip, never will look at another woman again, never have the chance to tell her they are each going to go their separate ways, so she is happy as a clam. It worked out fine.

Not to change the subject, but.......is anyone surprised the DT doesn't have an ME on their witness list?
They seemed so interested in the sequence, but don't seem to be fighting it.

Guess they couldnt afford Henry Lee.

any other guesses on why those darned pillow tassels were all over the place at the crime scene?

(they really bug me)

OCD? Talking? crying? Frustrated? Just pulling on them nervously, holding onto to the pillow?
I keep wondering why the downstairs furniture was moved and not put back into place too.

I think that this is exactly where the pillow tassle came from. I've never heard of a person being tied up with pillow tassles. :what:

If the pillow was used to muffle the gun shot, I imagine there would be pillow fragments and fluff all over the bathroom.

Maybe she is just so empty the only identity she finds is taking on someone else's. ????

I have heard that mentioned several times on HLN, especially when referencing her parroting her female attorneys movements and wardrobe. However, when JA was actually dating Travis, who was she impersonating then?

:waitasec:

Remember after the horrible photos of TA and the crime scene people talked about how she kept sneaking looks. Right after that, I heard a 'expert' on one of the talk shows, say she still wants to devour/consume him. Even after she killed him.

I don't remember the exact wording but it made me skin crawl.

I saw that too!!

He cannot be the victim. He was the perpetrator in this case. That is what the defense has to do with this case.

As much as anyone disagrees, they defense has to do what they can with what they have which is nothing.

End it please!

LOL. I think that was an opinion. I think the post is right in that defense is not doing a great job. For one, on the interview tape Jodi clearly tells Flores she never went all the way with Travis before she was baptised. Now in the opening statement JW said that the very first time she had oral sex with TA was at the Hughes home. This was a couple of weeks after they met in September. So which is it??? I would have thought defense would have listened to those tapes BEFORE they wrote out their opening statement. That is a big mistake and one that makes you believe the sex talk was more fiction than fact and she was relentless trying to trap him into having sex with her. Can't believe a word she says. It's an uphill battle for defense for sure. jmo

Remember after the horrible photos of TA and the crime scene people talked about how she kept sneaking looks. Right after that, I heard a 'expert' on one of the talk shows, say she still wants to devour/consume him. Even after she killed him.

I don't remember the exact wording but it made me skin crawl.

I am so a believer of this. Is there anything like with Jung or archetypes that describes this phenomena of being devoured by another?

Anything in literature? I bet there is something.

Does it work? I seen this on Dr. Oz.....

Melatonin, I can't stay asleep without it. It doesn't make me sleepy, but helps keep me asleep at night. Otherwise, I wake up in excruciating pain (from a medical condition, faulty nerve sheaths). I take one 5 mg tablet about 20 minutes before bed. Every night. I've done this for years. It helps.

OCD? Talking? crying? Frustrated? Just pulling on them nervously, holding onto to the pillow?
I keep wondering why the downstairs furniture was moved and not put back into place too.

I'm just thinking she was trying to catch the dog and he kept running under the furniture. jmo

Her diagnosis is Single White Female. ;)

that is exactly what my friend and I say.. In fact an email will come with only that in the subject (single white female) and I will know contact has been made again. Then i pretend i'm at the grocery store :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592