Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #21 *may contain graphic and adult content* Cont'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one thing that her delivery and The Jodi Arias STory is absolutely banal, but add to that the fact that you basically believe about 1/4 of what she's saying. How in any universe is that "compelling"?

I'm trying to catch up!

With the prosecutor having rested, and the defense well on its way, are we going to hear one witness at all that says she is stalker like?

I want one, just one even, to come forward and say she sent him 425 texts from 1am to 5am (trust me, those things happen) or that he broke it off and she showed up sitting in the backyard at the patio table with ribs on his BBQ...

Employers? She acted odd? Anything?

We should hear that info in rebuttal, which will come after the defense rests.

My dad used the belt on me. The Principle in my school used a wooden paddle on us.

I was born in early 70's and was in public school in the 80s, and we still had corporal punishment (in the state I was in).

I haven't heard any physical abuse that would have had CPS involved, for that time period. It all sounds so embellished. If she were really abused, she would have many, many DETAILED stories to reference. These types of things are seared into minds. Details - not like her 'way too general' style of details, but real details - would be used when describing what she went through.

For instance, she said, "my mom began carrying a wooden spoon in her purse"...too general. She would have remembered the EXACT action of that spoon, if she were truly physically abused. Those types of events have a way of slowing down time and are remembered in slow-motion style.

She sounds like someone reading a story, or the explanation of an action, rather than remembering the action. Like, if we were to read something to explain the abuse that someone went through, we may read "she suffered through.....her mother reached for what ever was in reach....she felt alone...".

When someone remembers something that happened to them, they say things like, "I remember her grabbing me by the neck and throwing into the table and I just didn't understand what I did"

I totally agree. people who were actually abused suffer PTSD because they cannot forget.

Hey guys...we need to transcribe today's testimony. If you can transcribe a portion of her testimony please come to and post which link you'll do...

Thanks!!

That actually sounds like hell.

That was going to be my question, How many people had a parent who used a belt or some other form of corporal punishment growing up?

I have a question. How many people had a parent who used a belt or spoon, or hit them with some other object carry that tradition on to their own children?

I would venture to guess that almost every juror on there has been spanked and/or has spanked their own children -with all sorts of different objects - and is going to be seriously offended at being deemed child abusers who beat their children or abuse victims whose parents were child abusers.

I am not a proponent of corporal punishment. But jodi's characterization of what happened to her as vicious abuse is going to backfire horribly on jodi.

To me, it sounds like she was a spoiled rotten brat or a budding monster showing behavioral issues and her parents did what they could to try to reign her in.

EXACTLY! And Dr. Drew continues to state that she is dissociated. Ugh. People suffering with this have GREAT DIFFICULTY remembering details of their miserable lives.

I wish you would send him a note. But I'm staring think he is not only ignorant, but also arrogant, so I;m not sure it would matter. Sigh.

I looked it up and here's what I found:
Signs and symptoms common to all types of dissociative disorders include:

• Memory loss (amnesia) of certain time periods, events and people
  • Mental health problems, including depression and anxiety
  • A sense of being detached from yourself (depersonalization)
  • A perception of the people and things around you as distorted and unreal (derealization)
  • A blurred sense of identity

When to see a doctor
If you or someone you love has significant, unexplained memory loss or experiences a dramatic change in behavior when under stress, talk to a doctor. A chronic sense that your identity or the world around you is blurry or unreal also may be caused by a dissociative disorder. Effective treatment is available for these conditions. Seek medical help.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dissociative-disorders/DS00574/DSECTION=symptoms

This lady doesn't get it. Travis wanted to marry was it Lisa. But she wasn't ready for that yet, too young. Only 18

He was seeing Jodi but she wasn't the marrying kind. HE broke up with her and she stalked him.

How do we know he opened the door for her at 4:30 in the morning. Didn't she use the doggy door?

JMHO
fran

I'm sick of the "experts" not being as knowledgeable as websleuthers. They are getting paid, right? Shouldn't they do their homework?

I remember a lot from my childhood...i would say from 9 years old..im 27... a lot of stuff happened...but i dont remember eveything...but a lot

Me too.

Do you actually remember IN DETAIL like the defendant testified to today?

I remember exquisite detail. But the thing is, jodi doesn;t remember details when they matter, like about her so called abuse.

On another site I learned that according to 2 people who were part of Travis' Mormon "group", those TShirts were made for everyone who attended that event and on the back was some inspirational message. So Jodi and many others have/ had that TShirt, not just Jodi.

I think she made the panties herself tho, and I bet she had to go out and buy those granny pants as I can imagine her in nothing but a pair of thongs with the back part pulled waaaaaay up high so they would peek out above her back waistline and all men (and women) around her would know she was wearing thongs. <mod snip>

I really hope they testify and that the prosecution knows this!!!

I'm back. Apparently my DVR prefers The Bachelor over Dr. Drew so I won't get it til the next taping. So....???? Did I look as nervous as I felt?

You were great--- and you looked very good on camera!

A few things that stick in my mind.....

Her playing with the child in the yard with the bokken sword and the stranglehold. She contradicted herself a little here. First, she knew it was called a bokken sword - shows a level of knowledge, but yet she tried to downplay it as a fun game with a child in a yard. Then she goes on to tell that vampire boy or goth boy (dang, she has as many men as KC!) put her into a stranglehold - but then she tries to downplay that with a comment like, 'i think that's what it is called' <--------------- BS, she knew exactly what it was called and that is how she started her attack on Travis in that shower, I bet.

She was quite familiar with knives and her passing it off as nothing was either: those little bits of the truth that appear in a lie or this is the defense plan, to plant that seed so when Juan asks her about it - she can say she studied martial arts and did what came naturally. So, I wonder - did she take classes or did she watch one of the hundreds of online videos on how a smaller women can use a stranglehold for SELF DEFENSE.

Also, I think now knowing her choice of boyfriends - where she got the ninja's all dressed in black. She was attracted to the goth boy and obviously blood doesn't bother a vampire -------> this girl has been DARK for a long time.

The more I hear the repeats on the nightly shows - the more I hear bits and pieces of what she did to Travis. She can't help herself, she wants to brag - but can't yet, so she thinks she is being sly but she is really failing epically.

JMHO -- nothing more than an verified avatar to back it up!

Excellent points.

I can't wait till she tries to explain how come it took 20+ stabs, some stabs in the back, a sliced throat, and a shot to the head to finally end Travis attacking her.

That must have been one heck of a fight to the death. Wait a minute. Where were her wounds she suffered during this epic battle to the death?
Oh, there it is. A gaping wound to the crux of the finger. Surely, there is a hospital admission to stitch up that severe wound.

Can the pros question her about her 3 different stories?
Play the tape of her saying it was ninjas or whatever. Compare the story she gave for that and her testimony today?
Play the tape of her saying she's never shot a gun.
Can the pros play the tape of her saying she had an ideal childhood?

Which time was she lying, then or now?

Why should we believe THIS story when she's repeatedly lied?

Just wonderin'
fran

It's possible JM won't have to ask a single question other than, "Which is true, your testimony here in court or what you have stated on this tape?" Her own conflicting statements may be enough for the jury to disregard anything she has to say. My husband always said if you ever have to testify, or give a statement, don't give too much. Just give a direct answer. (This was just advice he'd give to those who asked and not directed to me.) The more info you give the easier it is for the jury to pick out the lies if you are inclined to give a false testimony.

I don't get the picture of the t-shirt and pink panties. Why would she ever take a picture of them AFTER she killed him? The letters on the panties were put on by her because a professional would have made sure the letters were spaced evenly. Her's are a little off from what I can see of the picture.

Does anyone else feel that we are in the mitigation portion of the trial?

This is another thing that bothered me - did she in fact really threaten Travis and tell him how she would kill everyone in his family that night and decided to embellish her story on the Bobby dude with this? Again, maybe showing us just how evil to the core she is?????

Perhaps that's what her weapons in the get-away car were meant for--just before her arrest. You nailed it, MOO; she's so very, very evil.

I totally missed this BryanMeister witness today. What did he say?

:laughcry: I reiterate. :laughcry:

I'm just about 3/4 of the way through today's testimony by Jodi and I have a question. Why did the abuse begin around age 7? Are there people who can testify that she was never abused before age 7?

What was the reason for the start of abuse at age 7? :waitasec:

Can the prosecution call the parents to the stand now?

Another thing I want to add is that NOBODY in the school system, her doctor or friends parents ever saw signs of abuse? Not to trivialize child abuse, but by what she's claimed so far, it doesn't sound a lot different from the way a lot of parents punish their kids. I'm not saying it's right. I just think she's trying to shoot the middle between making her parents angry and setting up a psychological profile. JMO

What still bleeds through for me to see is she has stalked almost every man she's been with and she had this premeditated plan to pay back Travis for everybody that let her down which was just about everybody.

Her parents didn't support her art enough does not elicit my sympathy. Perhaps her parents feel as I do, in that, Jodi is only talented as a con artist.

I'd personally have to rule out the "Freeman Brother-and-Sister Act" -Daniel and Desiree Freeman as "marriage material." I found them to be a bit creepy, and I didn't think they were true friends to Travis; even though it appears Travis spent lots of time with them. MOO

I liked Daniel and IMHO Desiree is a sweet spirit. If I actually met them my impression of them might change..but I think they are OK.

A few things that stick in my mind.....

Her playing with the child in the yard with the bokken sword and the stranglehold. She contradicted herself a little here. First, she knew it was called a bokken sword - shows a level of knowledge, but yet she tried to downplay it as a fun game with a child in a yard. Then she goes on to tell that vampire boy or goth boy (dang, she has as many men as KC!) put her into a stranglehold - but then she tries to downplay that with a comment like, 'i think that's what it is called' <--------------- BS, she knew exactly what it was called and that is how she started her attack on Travis in that shower, I bet.

She was quite familiar with knives and her passing it off as nothing was either: those little bits of the truth that appear in a lie or this is the defense plan, to plant that seed so when Juan asks her about it - she can say she studied martial arts and did what came naturally. So, I wonder - did she take classes or did she watch one of the hundreds of online videos on how a smaller women can use a stranglehold for SELF DEFENSE.

Also, I think now knowing her choice of boyfriends - where she got the ninja's all dressed in black. She was attracted to the goth boy and obviously blood doesn't bother a vampire -------> this girl has been DARK for a long time.

The more I hear the repeats on the nightly shows - the more I hear bits and pieces of what she did to Travis. She can't help herself, she wants to brag - but can't yet, so she thinks she is being sly but she is really failing epically.

JMHO -- nothing more than an verified avatar to back it up!

So well said.Thank You. She was smug and had a hidden smile, gloating invisibly, imo.

She reminds me so much of FCA. It is actually nauseating, and depressing. imo

That's her...she's unmistakable. ;)

I just knew it. :) Thanks for letting me know. :)

I wore slacks and a sweater. When I saw her I thought "heck, I'm wearing jeans next time". LOL!

we need to make "websleuths" underwear and wear them in the penalty phase

(slightly kidding... I am SURE we will get to the penalty phase however)

As soon as they are as comfy as those ELLEN undies, I will buy 10 pair!

I am totally not just saying this...
I would prefer to watch a show hosted by Katie and KatieCooLady over NG,JVM,Dr.D.
K&K are vastly more knowledgeable than those 'pundits'.

Boy do I second that. Did we all hear Dr.D say Travis might be a sex addict ?
Yeah, 30 year old man who has had sex with one women for a few months and no *advertiser censored* on his computer. FGS !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961