Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #21 *may contain graphic and adult content* Cont'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, everyone!

Not to interrupt the discussion, but just wanted to say that I expect today to be different in that big boy Nurmi is not going to be willing to stand there on his feet all day and listen to Jodi drone on and on.!

I so enjoyed reading everyone's posts yesterday and last night! You are all priceless! I couldn't post because I was too busy laughing and catching up.

I hope today is the day #Juan will get his whack at Jodi!

When jodi was talking about vampire BF - out of context she tosses in that she used to read lots of Anne RICE novels (Not sure of spelling of author) but it makes no sense why she provides this nugget. So my question is - does anyone know this author? Is there a clue here? Does she use part of the author's book(s) in her plan?

Here is my transcription of what I heard on a news snippet falling asleep last night that made me get up, write down the clip to ask you guys this am!

jodi: 'He wanted to move to SF and he had all kinds of wild ideas, which were, they seemed fun but they were just not where I was so at that point I just broke up with him.'

Attorney: 'what do you mean wild ideas?'

jodi: 'um, well he entertained the belief in vampires and he thought lets go to San Francisco and see if we can find some real vampires. And you know, I used to read Anne RICE novels at the time it seemed like....it didn't seem realistic to me.'

So, something about the way she provides that seemingly insignificant detail to the story just tosses my hinky meter. So, anyone have any insight?

CORRECTED AUTHOR SPELLING

I believe it's Rice not Wright :seeya:

Why is it hard to believe Jodi was beaten as a child? Do we really think she had an ideal upbringing, considering her later actions?

I think there's some confirmation bias going on around here. Seems some believe she is guilty and are just not going to believe anything that might help her case, no matter what it is.

I can believe she was beaten as a child & that her upbringing was FAR from ideal. I think watching her on the stand I got a feeling that she is a tragically pathetic, lost person. Makes me appreciate all the more that I had a stable family life and two loving parents who believed in me, encouraged me and taught me limits and self respect. They valued education and had expectations of me. BTW my father was in the Air Force and we moved around and I changed schools every few years. Looking back I think this helped me - I am able to adapt to different situations and environments and make friends wherever I go. Change doesn't throw me.

I can hardly wait for the next chapter of snapping veins and bones, hurling bodies and beaten to being nearly unconscious princess victim, Jodi Arias. Surrounded by the worst of the worst, lowest of the low, how did she escape from this pit of hell? On the back of some guy. Wait a second, I mean Price Charming (spelling booboo deliberate because JA doesn't give a hoot about nobility or honor or morals, money/power runs Jodi's engine) woke up and found JA in his bed and unbeknownst to him he was stuck with her until something (a guy) came along that was bigger and better (had more money).

Okay, still catching up on yesterday's testimony via youtube but had to pause to say this. It is very obvious to me (and I may be the only one) that JA takes events from books and applies them to her life:

Example 1 - I mentioned yesterday that there was a sex incident between her and TA that was extremely "50 Shades of Grey" oriented. Where TA got angry with JA, forced her over a desk or something and had very rough, quick sex with her on the desk. VERY Christian Grey.

Example 2 - Her boyfriend at ages 15 and 17 dressed very goth and was into vampires. There was another comment that made me think of this but I can't remember what it was. Regardless, it is very "Twilight"esque. Then said boyfriend attempted suicide at the thought of losing her...Extremely "Twilight"esque....or shall I say "New Moon"esque.

Everything she is saying now (which she didn't say prior to these books being published because she didn't admit to this act of 'self defense' until recently). What more does she have to do behind those bars but to read?

SMH

I wonder if JM is thinking ....where do I start?

Katie - you did a great job on Dr Drew!! I agree with EVERYTHING you said. And Im so sorry for what you went through with your sister! I cant even begin to imagine. My prayers are with you and your family! I believe you have a true calling for a Victims Advocate!! Much love!

Our compulsory education system in the US requires that children start kindergarten around age 5. The elementary school in our school district used to have a two year kindergarten program for kids who would benefit developmentally. It's pretty common practice, sometimes called "redshirting." It doesn't indicate failure. For most kids, it gives them an edge in later grades.

one of the talking heads on HLN today said she was prolly testifying early rather than the end - like is usually done - is so the experts can tailor their testimony to match jodi's version of what happened - i think that might be true - because imo when she tells stories that no one will know where she is going to go w/ it - not even her own attys
Does anyone know if she can be called back up after other witnesses testify?

Good morning, you guys who I love and adore! Wish I could interact more, but I'm "werking", you know!?? :blushing:

Thanks for the awesome updates, transcription, and the laughs!! :seeya:

Okay, still catching up on yesterday's testimony via youtube but had to pause to say this. It is very obvious to me (and I may be the only one) that JA takes events from books and applies them to her life:

Example 1 - I mentioned yesterday that there was a sex incident between her and TA that was extremely "50 Shades of Grey" oriented. Where TA got angry with JA, forced her over a desk or something and had very rough, quick sex with her on the desk. VERY Christian Grey.

Example 2 - Her boyfriend at ages 15 and 17 dressed very goth and was into vampires. There was another comment that made me think of this but I can't remember what it was. Regardless, it is very "Twilight"esque. Then said boyfriend attempted suicide at the thought of losing her...Extremely "Twilight"esque....or shall I say "New Moon"esque.

Everything she is saying now (which she didn't say prior to these books being published because she didn't admit to this act of 'self defense' until recently). What more does she have to do behind those bars but to read?

SMH

When did she come up with those scenes? Fifty Shades if Grey was published in 2011, if my Googling is correct.

Anybody remember the 'Kill Bill' movies? Where the heroine is sent off to be trained in the martial art of ? Where the master had her in a grip leaving her helpless as a baby? Where the grip if exerted just a little more would snap/break her hand or arm? Did ya see what happened to our young gladiator once the old guy had that grip on her? The will to fight left her. Her world stopped except for the pain. That is realistic when someone is exerting such pressure on your body that a bit more and bone/s will break. You start breathing funny and are 100% committed to getting the pain to stop.

And then we hear about JA and her brush with a bone breaking, crazed ninja boyfriend. Who had her in a similar grip which almost broke her bone but she still dialed 911. I want to know how you have one arm out of commission, in mind draining pain and still pick up the phone and dial 911. Remember the boyfriend's excuse to cops was his girlfriend was trying to speed dial 911 into the phone, so she dialed 911. How's that work with one hand and a nose?

O/T Judge denied postponement in the George Zimmerman trial. It will begin on June the 10th.

I hope today isn't another long day of "Jodi's sad life". Me thinks my head may do a 360 :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member