Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #21 *may contain graphic and adult content* Cont'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to add one more thing before I perform as a responsible adult in my household. Ahem. My 15 year old mentioned how Jodi would come up with her "testimony" (I like to call it "testibaloney") on the fly. Here is an example, as she's talking about Bobby McGee, I mean Juarez, in their altercation. (PARAPHRASED)

"He was into martial arts (apparently everyone in Jodi Arias's world is) and he had me in a hold, I guess you would call it a "strangle hold". So, he was strangling me. And I said to him, I said, what did I say, I said, "Um, my family would be um very upset if they knew what you did and then he um, went through each of my family and how he would kill each one."

Looking forward to some more "on the fly testibaloney" later today! :seeya:

Incidentally if Jodi were my side of the pond treatment would be compulsory because of our Mental Health Act. Even if professionals feel there is no treatment or cure for personality disorder they are required by law to treat disordered individuals anyway. (PD isn't categorized the same here as in the US either.)

(Married to a mental health nurse who gets extremely frustrated with his job at times. ;))

She couldn't have something she wanted, so, in a rage she killed the person that would not give it to her.

Many women are "used" for sex and don't go around killing the one who used her. If that were so, there would be a lot of dead men.

I could feel in my gut that she was stretching her abuse story. Fake and overdone. It sounds like her house was like mine and she should have just been an average somewhat scarred human....maybe like a lot of us. Instead I am seeing she belongs with the rest of the extreme Cluster B club. She is a danger to others for sure.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

To me it sounded like a normal house where there are family squabbles. I don't believe the "pushed into the door post and getting knocked out" story though. I also don't believe the wooden spoon leaving welts either.

What I got out of her memoirs was they moved a few times when she was a kid. Who cares. Lots of families do for different reasons. This will be spun by the psychologist to say that Jodi had trouble forming bonds with people because she never had that as a child. There were no close friends. *cough*

Then we have the "I was sitting in the car studying when my Dad found me and got mad at me for skipping so he grounded me for a few months" chapter of her memoirs. I call bull**** on the studying part. I got the feeling she was ditching school and running around with Bobby and that is why her parents were mad and rightly so. So her parents grounded her which "forced" her out of the house where she went to shack up with Bobby and from there she worked at a series of cr@ppy jobs and hooked up with boyfriend after boyfriend. Did she ever live on her own and be single? I doubt it. That's where Martinez needs to say that Travis was the first guy that kicked her to the curb and she was desperate as she hadn't fully lined up the next guy yet.

What time was the jury called back for today? 10:25 to start promptly at 10:30? :floorlaugh:

The more she rambles on and on the more ammunition Juan has to impeach her. I would think her attorney would ask more specific pointed questions and keep her answers limited.

Not sure about anyone else but I really don't give a rats *advertiser censored** who she dated when she was 17 or what he was wearing.

This really isn't helping her in fact its making her look more and more like a crazy stalker.

I just can't believe how much she talks... and talks... and talks. It's exhausting, extraneous and dangerous to her case and you just know Juan is going to catch her up in so much crap. What kind of defense attorney lets their client ramble so?

The kind of defense attorney that lets Jodi ramble is one that is "under her spell"!

Right? Just like it was pointed out yesterday that abused children don't feel that they are betrayed, but that they were bad kids. She used the word betrayed when she was "abused". She got into trouble, was punished for it and was ticked off about it. No one beat her.

Her reactions to people not liking her or treating her the way she thought she should be seems to stem from paranoia. JA always thinks that those closest to her are out to get her for some reason. She doesn't take criticism well and misinterprets others' intentions. Perhaps her parents were being realistic when they didn't make a fuss about Jodi's art work. Personally, I'm not impressed with what I've seen and know that there are many talented artists who will never achieve fame or fortune for their work. What Jodi perceived as "indifference" might have been her parents remaining objective and realistic about their daughter's potential. :moo:

I just can't believe how much she talks... and talks... and talks. It's exhausting, extraneous and dangerous to her case and you just know Juan is going to catch her up in so much crap. What kind of defense attorney lets their client ramble so?

I wonder how much of what she's saying she is going to remember. It seems like she's making it up as she goes. Martinez is going to get her on every tiny inconsistency. I wonder how she's going to react at cross. The same flat affect, tears or will she flip out like Wayne Williams did.

How many boyfriends do we still have to hear about? About 6-8 years worth?

Geeesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully snipped:
"He was into martial arts (apparently everyone in Jodi Arias's world is) and he had me in a hold, I guess you would call it a "strangle hold". So, he was strangling me. And I said to him, I said, what did I say, I said, "Um, my family would be um very upset if they knew what you did and then he um, went through each of my family and how he would kill each one."
...:

I found it interesting she say the bf "spun me around" then paused (almost like she was thinking uh oh I messed up my story) and said and put me in some hold. Ironic since her DA said something in their opening statement about how Travis allegedly spun her around blah blah blah.

I have to add one more thing before I perform as a responsible adult in my household. Ahem. My 15 year old mentioned how Jodi would come up with her "testimony" (I like to call it "testibaloney") on the fly. Here is an example, as she's talking about Bobby McGee, I mean Juarez, in their altercation. (PARAPHRASED)

Looking forward to some more "on the fly testibaloney" later today! :seeya:

TESTIBALONEY!!!! LOVE IT!

:floorlaugh:

Did vinnie have a moment yesterday?

And speaking of Vinnie, I havn't watched him in a very long time, is it just me or has he lost a lot of weight? He still looks very very good!!

One of my daughters pulled that carp, not going to school, staying out all night, using a fake ID to get into a bar (I was told by police the ID was issued by the State so it was legal and I would be violating her civil rights if I made her leave the bar). When she came home I told her to pack her carp and get the he** out. She did and was crawling back 1 month later, boo hooing all the way. She straightened up, finished school and put herself through nursing school. Now she is dealing with her 16 year old daughter, Lol.

I find it weird that people say shes lieing about the abuse. I dont think shes lieing at all but shes is hoping for more than she will probably get out of it. I feel if she was lieing there would be much more to it.

It probably wont get her far though because many in the jury especially older folks will feel they had the same thing happen to them and they never killed anyone.

I know that the point is to show a pattern but ....

How do we know which version is true? Was she a victim of the wooden spoon or did she have happy childhood?

None of what she described sounded very abusive, imo.

I guess you could say I was a victim of "the switch" when I was a child. When I would act up my mother would head straight out the back door to the chinaberry tree and break off a little, thin switch. I would be dancing a jig before she got back into the house!:what: She only had to swat me 2 or 3 times on the back of my legs and I got the message! She would then lay the switch on the top of the washer where I could see it and that was all it took to keep me in line! I had the most loving, wonderful parents anyone could have and had a very happy childhood and never once have I murdered anyone!
I don't necessarily think JA was abused by the spanking with the spoon. Possibly by the belt. I think it depends on how much force was used. I think alot of times parents spank their children when they are angry and use more force than necessary and it becomes abuse. I also think hitting a child and knocking them against a wall, etc. is abusive.:furious:

IMO the entire point if her droning on and on is to psychologically bond with a juror or two.....Find some commonality and to make her appear "human" The thought is, if she can get one juror to sympathize ... They won't be willing to sentence her to death.

IMO it could work. The longer they listen, the better her chance at lwop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly. If she regurgitates enough detail from her past, something will probably resonate with a juror, even it's just a subliminal connection to a juror who ALSO loved "The Lost Boys" or "Anne Rice novels". :moo:

Right? Just like it was pointed out yesterday that abused children don't feel that they are betrayed, but that they were bad kids. She used the word betrayed when she was "abused". She got into trouble, was punished for it and was ticked off about it. No one beat her.

It sounds to me like she was pretty much a spoiled brat that acted out when she didn't get her own way-and she still is the same. I don't think she was abused at all-if anything she was the abuser.l

Going to charge my laptop and fix breakfast (brunch) Be back in a few.....

Bumping this as I corrected the author name - I still don't know this author, so anyone have any insight? I know it could be nothing - but I am a curious sort and when liars add unnecessary, extraneous information it always perks my ears!
Thanks!

I'm very familiar with the author. The only reason it was mentioned, imo, was to explain Jodi's point of reference for Bobby's interest in vampires. Those books were extremely popular for a very long time and are all about vampires -- kind of "normalizing" them to a certain extent by giving them social lives and intimate relationships of sorts, if that makes any sense at all. Imo, the reference wasn't really that extraneous, but I'm an explainer and I often include a lot of detail in an effort to give context. I'm not a liar, just very long winded lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592