Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #32 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nurmi knows they are screwed. Didnt he want out? He knows that Juan will rip her apart with all her stories. I wouldnt be surprised if they tried another plea. IMO

She's crying? Too bad. She needs to put on her big girl pants and suck it up. She wouldn't be here is she hadn't committed murder. She makes me sick.

Her magic ones or the spidey ones?

I don't think jodi took a deal, with her 2nd degree plea she offered to the state she really believes that she has this in the bag. People like her don't realize how badly things are going for them. they don't live in reality. Right now she is thinking this is going good for her (all the sex stories, baptismal rape, child *advertiser censored*, masturbation, abuse) she wont accept or offer a plea. i think her "crying" has more to do with staging for the tape to be played. She is simply getting into "character"

Wow! Jodi looks like she didn't sleep last night. She looks very tense, maybe been crying. For real crying! One eye looks especially swollen!

I believe you are right......I think for once she was really crying.

Well, I gotta say, it does not bother me at all if JA is crying. I wonder how many tears Travis cried while she was doing everything she did to him.

We don't know a thing. Basically, we waited and waited. Then, JA came out, arms crossed and obviously had been crying, jury came in and then dismissed for lunch. That's it.

I do think we have to remember that this is the first time she showed emotion - not at being arrested, not after the murder, not after anything terrible. To me, it is apparent she cries and gets upset at different things than those that would upset most people. So, it is hard to speculate.

I think Jodi caught Travis's younger sister rolling her eyes at her and she was unable to accept that someone was rejecting her version of what happened.

Proves to us thar she hasn't cried for real before in front of us. She is so poofy! She has been bawling her eyes out. Wonder why.
I agree, I think today was the first real emotion we have seen from defendant since this whole thing started.

IME every time there's a prominent case every hiccup in trial leads to automatic discussion of plea deals, mistrials, and/or juror misconduct.

For Jodi to be displaying aspects of presumably genuine emotion I believe she's not getting her way. That could be anything - limiting her testimony, excluding the tapes, precluding other evidence she was hoping to have admitted, being informed of what may be ahead for the rebuttal, etc.

I don't believe Travis' family would have been forewarned about today's testimony if a plea deal were imminent...and if I am recalling correctly Juan has been very adamant a plea deal would not be accepted. They have more than enough, black and white legally, to have her convicted and at least sentenced to LWOP without reaching a deal. Especially considering the cross and rebuttal have yet to occur.

JMO though.

I dont think she cares that her family is there when she recites her sexual stories.

Thats all she has talked about ad nauseaum. Sex sex sex.

Neither do I. But I do think that she would try to use the fact that they were there to keep the whole tape from being played.

I'm thinking that they want to play the tape. D wants to play a snippet of the tape (you know the part that makes TA sound like a pedo) but Juan wants the whole tape played... JA is crying... "My whole family is in the court room...." I don't know why thats just what I think. I don't think a deal is in the works here.

But would they be arguing this in judge's chambers vs. in the courtroom??? I dunno. Usually the judge will give the parties time to "work out" their differences before calling a full blown hearing...but I don't see everybody in chambers together including JA for a disagreement about evidence. I see JA in chambers and the judge asking "is this what you have agreed to?"

I agree.. if I have noticed anyone pulling faces in the courtroom it is Arias' side of the aisle

I am going to be hatin life if there is a plea and we don't get to see Juan shred her!

So what are the possibilities?

There was a media rumour (Vinnie? I don't know 'cos I don't watch the media carp) that the defence DV expert might not testify. If that is the case, I see it as the defence raising the white flag. Could it be that the expert, after watching the testimony, has decided that she can no longer advocate JA as a victim? Just a thought.

I'm thinking that they want to play the tape. D wants to play a snippet of the tape (you know the part that makes TA sound like a pedo) but Juan wants the whole tape played... JA is crying... "My whole family is in the court room...." I don't know why thats just what I think. I don't think a deal is in the works here.

Good thought! If they are going to have Travis' voice be heard, she needs to be heard too...coaxing him.

I know this is no news flash. But in my experience working with people with similar issues, CONTROL is a huge issue. Notice how controlled she has been. No spontaneity, no free flow talking. All very precise and planned. Even the outfits are overly planned to the smallest detail. Whatever happened, I would guess she lost control of the process in some respect - something she wanted to happen or didn't want to happen - and the choice was out of her hands. IE, the judge or prosecutor made the decisions. I think, to this point, she has been in control of her attorneys. Even her answers show a need for control against them. So, that's my best guess. Something got taken out of her hands. That is VERY unnerving for someone like her - one of the few things that can cause a meltdown. (Similar to the murder motive, Cancun was taken out of her hands). She does NOT break down over typical things that would upset the rest of us, as shown in her testimony.

Originally Posted by Wazzu
I think the "finger" issue--catching her in a bold face lie--may be the impetus to try to get a last-minute plea deal.

[/QUOTE]
How was she caught in a lie?

JA has not been *caught* in a lie as far as I know…. I mean not "officially" (to borrow JA speak) in the court… Not yet.
I think people are just speculating about why she looks upset this morning. Personally, I have never seen her look upset ever, until those few moments they entered the courtroom and then left for lunch… And I mean, NEVER (IMO). I am assuming her seeming upset is because of a selfish reason only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BROTHEROFLISA