Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #44 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nurmi is done with Jodi, does Juan get to cross examine her right away? Or does he have to wait until all other defense witnesses are done? Trying to remember when Juan gets to call in his witnesses. Does it go like this below

-Nurmi is done with Jodi
-Juan gets to immeditely cross examine her
-Nurmi gets to call more witnesses and Juan gets to cross each one after Nurmi is done
-Then Juan gets to call his own witnesses in what is called rebuttal i think
-Then closing arguments
-Then jury deliberates
-Then verdict
-Then we get to celebrate that Jodi is convicted by jury of her peers with a more than fair defense that was allowed to ramble on with outrageous unsubstantiated accusations against the victim.
-Then penalty phase where jury can say this is a "no brainer".

Do I have the timing right for above?

:laughcry: One of the panelist on JVM said she tuned into the trial and thought it was some SNL skit it was so almost funny to hear Jodi. It's not funny, but so maddening we must run to humor.

I fear I will go completely insane if Jodi is not found guilty of premeditated first degree murder. Who am I on this planet with? This time we have pictures, FGS!

To all the Great Minds here, is there somewhere we can actually read the Texts that were testified to on Tuesday?

Actually, LoreLilly check out www.youtube.com it has the complete trial videos

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ki_SjxpbE"]Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 18. Afternoon. Part 1. Complete. Graphic text messages - YouTube[/ame]

It truly was a stellar moment. Even her cadence changed. Not often do we get a look "inside". Fascinating.

I'm just sitting here slack jawed -- I think this is such a perfect example of psychopathy in action. She seems completely crazy but at the same time not crazy at all -- just not human-like.

If Nurmi is done with Jodi, does Juan get to cross examine her right away? Or does he have to wait until all other defense witnesses are done? Trying to remember when Juan gets to call in his witnesses. Does it go like this below

-Nurmi is done with Jodi
-Juan gets to immeditely cross examine her
-Nurmi gets to call more witnesses and Juan gets to cross each one after Nurmi is done
-Then Juan gets to call his own witnesses in what is called rebuttal i think
-Then closing arguments
-Then jury deliberates
-Then verdict
-Then we get to celebrate that Jodi is convicted by jury of her peers with a more than fair defense that was allowed to ramble on with outrageous unsubstantiated accusations against the victim.
-Then penalty phase where jury can say this is a "no brainer".

Do I have the timing right for above?
I think so.....:please:

Little Jodi is quite the athlete. She said she "jumped" up to get the gun at the top of the shelving when Travis was chasing her. She later said that when she was cleaning she found the gun after getting on a chair that was usually in the closet. I guess she thought by saying the gun, the knife and the rope were disposed of in three different places would lend more credibility to her story. She came in with the gun and the knife and left with the gun and the knife and there was never any rope.

did she actually say she got a STOOL to stand on in order to reach the gun, all the while being chased by travis? my sister says she heard this---i missed it.

Yes, she said there was something(?) can't remember exactly what... to sit on ~ That was already in there

In most jails you actually do get a disposable razor. Surprising yet true. She was not on suicide watch. So yeah, she very well could have had one.

I did not see any type of razor on the list but I did see Beard Removal Creme so I don't think they hand out razors at that jail.

I think it's funny that when she had the gun, she was pointing it at him "with both hands". Just like all the cops she's seen on TV.

Good thing she wasn't shaking like a chihuahua. She might have missed.

It is blowing my mind that there are still people who believe her! Seriously?

did she actually say she got a STOOL to stand on in order to reach the gun, all the while being chased by travis? my sister says she heard this---i missed it.

Some months before the murder when JA was doing "projects" for JA, she cleaned shelves in his closet, moved the stool to stand on it to reach the upper shelves, and discovered the gun ... so she knew it was there.

Day of the murder, says she jumped up on the shelf to reach the gun and used it.

Take it for what it's worth.

I can't believe I am going to miss tomorrow mornings cross. :mad:

I am going to try and convince my DH that we should take to 2 cars to the mortgage brokerage tomorrow---so I can go right to the Starbucks and plug in my lap top and watch Juan go to town on her. Otherwise, I have to wait and drive home 45 minutes in traffic, before I can watch.

My DH thinks I am nuts, btw. :floorlaugh:

I said ' Can't we postpone the meeting?'

No, the interest rates are rising--we could lose money instead of save, if we don't refinance now."

" And...." :wink:

Me too, darn it. I've got a morning and an afternoon hearing!!!

I think they really thought they would learn what happened to Travis in that bathroom the day he died but they realized Arias is never going to give up control over them by telling them the truth.

I think no matter how hard it was going to be for them to listen to they wanted to know the truth. Jodi and truth mixes like oil and water.

IMO

And just hearing about the day he died at the hands of that hideous woman. I can imagine they were so tense leading up to that. Poor things.

BBM

First off, THANK YOU, so much!!!

That's fascinating about the lenience for cross here in AZ... but you're right, is seems ironically inconsequential since JA has provided so much, in such detail - I was originally worried that because she would likely race through the actual murder and suddenly stop providing details it would be a snag for cross.

That said, my bet is that many of her answers to JM will be "I don't recall," or, "I can't remember," or "I don't know." It's going to be frustrating but I can't imagine her actually responding to his questions with actual answers that we all know will destroy her testimony on myriad subjects and expose her contradictions.

She's going to have SUCH bad recall tomorrow! :)

Thanks again...

Even without the special AZ rule, Juan would be able to ask all sorts of questions about the murder, despite her lack of detail. Beyond the scope in this sense means beyond the general scope of the questioning. She said she killed Travis in self-defense. Just saying that allows Juan to ask ALL sorts of questions about the death.

Dang it. Still no ability to quote anything...

About the Inside Edition interview...was this shown to the jury? If so, there is some tiny possibility that Nurmi is trying to get a mistrial due to the interview being procured by state action (the jailer) but IMO (1) that argument is a loser, and (2) he will have to answer why the heck he didn't bring it up pretrial.

Or right before the interview was entered into evidence!

Does anyone else think Juan will really need to emphasize JA's obsession with Travis in order to reframe the domestic abuse angle? I think he will have to. I also think he may quize the "abuse" expert on the characteristics of MEN who are the victims of domestic abuse.

Nah, the pedophile thing didn't really catch on. I mean who the heck believed she had this important matter and pamphlets she still hadn't addressed with Travis. IMO, you'd have to be an idiot to believe any part of the pedophile made-up defense story.

And why did I have to glimpse those two penii pics and then they were never discussed by Jodi?

Frankly I'd like to see Juan go through each and every lie or outrageous claim she made on the stand. He will move through it all quickly. He will require yes or no answers. The jury will be awake, interested, and engaged.
All of the things we've said REALLY?! to from her testimony and marvelled over will be asked rapidly and while they may not be disproved, they will expose her as completely unbelievable.

Buh-bye JA. Nice try. :bricks:

Yes, she said there was something(?) can't remember exactly what... to sit on ~ That was already in there

travis must've been a really slow runner!!!! that makes her story even MORE ludicrous.

I can now visualize Arias on the table awaiting her injection of potassium chlorate...then she goes into a long winded monologue, the executioner falls asleep, as do all witnesses....

I'm just sitting here slack jawed -- I think this is such a perfect example of psychopathy in action. She seems completely crazy but at the same time not crazy at all -- just not human-like.

I hear ya. There are no words. One has to see it to believe it. Altho we dont believe it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew