jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 9TH DAY #47 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
draft_lens18980418module155753663photo_1323705369tuxedo-t-shirts.jpg

I'm anticipating how the defense and their expert might handle JA's newfound strong demeanor on the stand as she is cross-examined by Juan. I imagine she will continue to be somewhat defiant and difficult. IMO that will expose the real aggressive, manipulative JA.

The defense will counter that and if we think back to her testimony on direct, there were several times JA said, "I wasn't as assertive back then" or "I didn't stand up for myself then". Pretty sure that's a central theme to her script and plan (with help from the domestic violence expert). There will be some expert testimony like since she's had time to reflect, since she's been safe in jail, safe from the abuse she's learned to stick up for herself which she never did when she was in the "abusive" relationship with Travis. Which of course IMO is total BS. But I'm quite sure that spin is already set up.

I am of the opinion that the cross exam today was suboptimal and disappointing.
JM cross is disjointed and confusing. A lot of points are hanging out there by inference.
His cross questioning is desultory.

The opening about hair color and the "stupid" sister was very very WEAK.
Worse - He did NOT set JA up prior to introducing the journal pieces. The power of that written record was vitiated by poor preparation.

Very disappointing!!!!!

he showed three things with that picture
1) her blonde-ish hair (one picture had a different color too)

2) her straight finger after the alleged breakage by Travis

3) her double standard for name calling (mitigates all the name calling she was trashing Travis about)

I think he is establishing her as a liar. It is good stuff.:moo:

Did he mention her hair color? I may have missed that.

Why does Nurmi get to tell the judge and court when it's a good time to take lunch and breaks?

I think he will use these times to regroup and develop the next leg of strategy for Jodi during her cross examination.

It is completely normal and fine for the attorneys to tell the judge when they think it is a good time for a break.

I don't think she planned on killing TA in January. JMO

No, but she kept it after the murder because she had put all that BS in there that made her sound like she was simply grieving him .. she hadn't come up with her silly stories then because and thought she could keep the journal because there was nothing in it that would cause problems. Once she had come up with the finger lie etc it was too late to get rid of the journal because she was in jail.

She slaughtered Travis Alexander. Why in Gods name should she be treated with gentleness and kindness?? Why? :furious:

I totally agree. I can't imagine her leaving before finding out who her competition was.

ITA. How would she stalk this mystery woman otherwise? She's definetly a stalker, but doesn't strike me a sleuther. Not that crafty. Just creepy.

How I think today will be- Juan the Pit Jodi the Chihuahua

2cik7k5.jpg

I vote that we all call her Arias from now on as she refused to call Detective Flores by his professional name ...

Don't care for any caffeine now. Juan is all I need! Go Juan!

I took my 4 year old and my earbuds, laptop and iPad to the Play Cafe for lunch so that she can play with other kids while I supervise w/ one earbud in. I'm ready for this!

Well, post Casey Anthony, never say never.

I will go by commonsense and logic..........not the Casey Anthony case which really is an anomaly.

She is going to be convicted of first degree and has a very good chance of getting the DP. This case really isnt like the CAs case anyway. CA never testified and this case is chocked full of forensic evidence. The jury even knows when he died. Priceless.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member