CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can't be right because of the statement given by the gentleman on the third floor stating he's lived there for 29 years. I did read that floors 4-6 were of the "stay hotel"

I thought I read they shared the elevators.

Is there any way to tell the date of that post where she is rejected? Tumblr drives me nuts.

Apparently it was January 19, 2013...
Click on Archives and try searching for the first few words in the entry....

Another thought I had was - let's assume that she was in a depressed episode and intended to commit suicide. That could be a reason for her to NOT want other people to find her and stop her. So by pressing all the buttons on the elevator plus the door hold open button she makes it less likely that someone comes up and sees her getting out on the fire escape en route to the roof. Her hand wringing at the end is her mind arguing with itself whether to go through with the suicide. Where it looks like she's patting the dog - she's just triggering the open sensor one more time.

So, the dogs did not DETECT her doing anything on the roof. Unless she was taken up there DAYS after she died or was hermetically sealed, they missed her scent somehow.

The dogs didn't find her scent on the roof and the roof was searched.

It is likely she died elsewhere and was moved to the roof and then into tank.

Although I've heard the term "hermetically sealed" many times before I'm not even sure what it means... but I still doubt that had to occur in this case.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-body-water-tower-20130220,0,3005517.story

I definitely see the marks on the tank and I don't think those were done by the boots of the fireman. I actually can see them on both sides of the tank (near the lid and on the other side too) and to Me what it looks like is something heavy laid on top, such as a body, then maneuvered and slid around a bit side to side. Such as the moving of a body that you just flopped off your should that is possibly covering a lid that you need to remove. Does anyone else see this?

Think about this, the dirt/grime up there is probably set in a bit and I don't see specific footprints on there. So what would be heavy enough to make those marks in the dirt?

I thought I read they shared the elevators.

I don't think they so much just shared elevators as much as they shared the whole building. There was one set of elevators for the whole building. What I'm disputing is the idea the floors 1-4 were for short term stay. It's very possible that the elevators had some locking function

Maybe it did have a locking function and she was locked out? Perhaps this is where the sleep walking comes in. Perhaps she sleep walked up to the 14th floor, couldn't find her way back and ended up murdered.

I get both your points.

The truth is, the reports say no obvious COD was found from the autopsy. So we're thinking maybe suffocation, which is harder to determine by looking at the physical body.

It's not like he was suggesting a dingo or elephant or meerkat suffocated her...looking at the possibility that she was suffocated, then it's logical to try to think of all of the ways a person can be suffocated, whether by accident or intentional. Sure it's far fetched but we can't rule it out completely. Like the dingo. I think we can rule out the dingo. Lol. Or caaaaan we......? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If only for my sake, Li'l Wing, let's at least set aside any dingo theories. ;) (But note there's no evidence for completely ruling it out.)

Another thought I had was - let's assume that she was in a depressed episode and intended to commit suicide. That could be a reason for her to NOT want other people to find her and stop her. So by pressing all the buttons on the elevator plus the door hold open button she makes it less likely that someone comes up and sees her getting out on the fire escape en route to the roof. Her hand wringing at the end is her mind arguing with itself whether to go through with the suicide. Where it looks like she's patting the dog - she's just triggering the open sensor one more time.

That's an interesting thought. It makes me think about something my coworker mentioned today.. Recently her friend committed suicide by overdose and chose to do it in the bathtub of her house. My coworker said people will do that out of consideration to the ones left behind that will have to clean the mess... A bathtub is an easy clean.

So I ask this, was elisa being considerate too? She did seem very sweet and thoughtful. To my knowledge the friend of my coworker and elisa seemed very similar... Described similarly. No one ever thought my coworkers friend was sad or anything then one day gone. She was diagnosed with depression as well but was not as vocal about it apparently.

My first impression of the video of her in the elevator was that she was sleepwalking. I don't know if she used Ambien but I kept thinking about the side effects you hear about on the commercials...

" Some people using this medicine have engaged in activity such as driving, eating, or making phone calls and later having no memory of the activity.*"

No inconvenience, but I just don't know how to do what you are asking.

If you just keep doing CTRL+ (hold the Ctrl key down and press the + sign maybe 15/16 times), it should be very clear. The chain goes underneath the top rung of the ladder and it seems affixed to a fitting atop the tank (underneath something that looks like blue cloth wrapped around the horizontal pipe).

PS: When you are done, do CTRL - (minus sign) to get back to normal size.

I drew an arrow pointing out what you're talking about SillyBilly....uploaded to photobucket so hopefully this won't blow the margins (let me know if it does!)

I couldn't see it at first cause I was looking at the tank Elisa was found in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The dogs didn't find her scent on the roof and the roof was searched.

It is likely she died elsewhere and was moved to the roof and then into tank.

Although I've heard the term "hermetically sealed" many times before I'm not even sure what it means... but I still doubt that had to occur in this case.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-body-water-tower-20130220,0,3005517.story

It depends on the kind of dogs. Some S&R dogs cannot distinguish between locating a live person and a recently deceased person. If she was freshly dead (ew) when she was carried across the roof to be put in the tank, some S&R dogs would have tracked her. So they might not have been able to distinguish, which would be they missed her scent somehow.

And I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me when you haven't even bothered to figure out what I was saying by your own admission.

1361523850-310889429_n.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef017c36fb1845970b-640wi

https://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Mystery-of-girl-who-died-in-water-tank-in-LA-hotel?page=19

Wow Davania coming through again - this time with a great shot of inside access to the fire escape.

I don't think they so much just shared elevators as much as they shared the whole building. There was one set of elevators for the whole building. What I'm disputing is the idea the floors 1-4 were for short term stay.

But hey who knows maybe the 29 year resident preferred the 3rd floor crowd over the shady *advertiser censored* 7-15th floor crowd.

To me she comes off as being followed, but by someone who's coming with her, someone she is having fun with.

Absolutely not. Totally disagree she is 'having fun' in the video.

She looks deranged...

There's nothing playful about anything she is doing in the video

Of course...had she been found alive and well at the nearest water-park, splashing merrily in the water and sliding down water-slides as opposed to floating in a water tank...well you may look at the video differently.

But my friend showed me the video yesterday and he just said 'watch this'...I had no idea she was later found dead in a water tank...I just thought I was watching someone in a lift...and it was creepy just on those terms.

Also does anyone know or has it been talked about that the Police might have blurred the time stamp for any reason? A poster on another board mentions the time stamp always being clear on his CCTV even if the image is ******.

Much like a video camera - press record and run in circles. Your picture will look like **** but the time stamp will be crisp.

Some earlier comments were seeking clarification on the organic farm angle. In her tumblr, she had mentioned an upcoming WWOOFing trip in Santa Clara. WWOOFing is basically a home-stay on an organic farm. You work a bit, learn a bit about organic farming, travel and see the world, meet people, make friends, and your lodging and food is covered. It's an attractive option for students and young people who want to travel abroad for an extended time on a budget and don't mind a little bit of labor.

It depends on the kind of dogs. Some S&R dogs cannot distinguish between locating a live person and a recently deceased person. If she was freshly dead (ew) when she was carried across the roof to be put in the tank, some S&R dogs would have tracked her. So they might not have been able to distinguish, which would be they missed her scent somehow.

And I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me when you haven't even bothered to figure out what I was saying by your own admission.

The search with the dogs was soon after she was reported missing so they were looking for a missing (alive) person.

If she was deceased and wrapped in plastic bags then I doubt they would hit upon her scent. Maybe "hermetically sealed" is appropriate :)

My first reply was in regard to your post about "not discounting suicide as a possibility"... so, I was disagreeing with that aspect.

**She would have to be "alive" to commit suicide, thus the dogs would hit upon her scent

JMO = just my opinion
MOO = my own opinion
IMHO = in my humble opinion

General practice at WS is that we have our opinion and state that it is our opinion. We all have one here, and are entitled to have one ... none of them is right or wrong at this point, only different.

(Hey, maybe once this case is solved, some WSrs can come back with an ITYS = i told you so or an IBTYKOSO = i bow to your knowledge oh superior one). ;)

Why can't we all just get along?
~ Rodney Dangerfield

That's an interesting thought. It makes me think about something my coworker mentioned today.. Recently her friend committed suicide by overdose and chose to do it in the bathtub of her house. My coworker said people will do that out of consideration to the ones left behind that will have to clean the mess... A bathtub is an easy clean.

So I ask this, was elisa being considerate too? She did seem very sweet and thoughtful. To my knowledge the friend of my coworker and elisa seemed very similar... Described similarly. No one ever thought my coworkers friend was sad or anything then one day gone. She was diagnosed with depression as well but was not as vocal about it apparently.

If she was being considerate, she would have left a suicide note for her family. But from the sounds of her interaction with the bookstore clerk the last day she was seen alive, she was talking about how much stuff she could buy and carry back home. I don't think someone intent on killing themselves would have such a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77