jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point when Juan plays her answers/lies/manipulations from her interrogations, I would like him to play the exchange between her and Flores. I remember how most of us were marvelling at his unbelievable patience, allowing her to talk and talk, relatively unguided. Watching him, he's doing what he's meant to do professionally-- think about how much she talked and how many lies and theories she came up with and locked herself into.

His skill was in sitting back and giving her those small bits, enough to make her talk (and keep talking). Enough to keep her lying. She was building a case against herself, whittling away potential sympathy and credibility. I'm no expert but I've seen my share of interrogations for a couch-dweller and he was NOT coercive IMO, he was not manipulating her narration, he was not pressuring her, bating her or shaping her testimony. He WAS doing what I believe is standard, trying to "help" her and minimize her potential involvement, "I don't think you meant to do this". If anything he was feeding her little outs, opportunities to lessen her culpability, and she chose to deny her bloody palmprint in the shower and naked pictures of herself timestamped right before the murder.

Juan is masterful no doubt, but I give Detective Flores grateful praise for the work he did from day 1 allowing this case to get to trial.

IMO, she never attached to Darryl's child nor Darryl all that much. Darryl was reduced to that grouchy old man in the photo she was sure Travis got to see. Darryl's value devalued fast when it was time to discard him.

Darryl was a convenient meal ticket.

I thought the original story about the flowers to Travis' grandmother (I recall a journal screenshot regarding this... I think) -

- was that she sent the grandmother irises because they were the grandmothers' favorite type of flower... and then *that* was why Travis liked the name Iris for a little girl - in honor of his grandmother.

Not important, but I could swear I heard this (different) story some time ago... what she said today seems more damning imv.

What cruel sicko sends flowers with a special significance to the loved one of the person she murdered? Oh right, THIS cruel sicko, that's who.
{ ( shiver) }

Mark Klass on NG says Irises are the cheapiest flowers you can buy and that was the only reason that is what she sent. Got to love him.

It sounded horrible when Jodi corrected Juan today re: the suicide attempt. I get why she did it, because he said "cut", a cut would leave a scar which she can't produce, so she corrects him with "nick"; then SLAM! I could watch that on a loop. :)

Thursday I did have a hard time following along with Juan. That's because I wanted him to play checkers with Jodi and see him match her move for move, but he's playing chess, I get that now and it was a much more enjoyable experience.

I so can't wait for Matt! I'm willing him to testify and expose her plots about the bs abuse.

After this case, JM will need major destressing. Dealing with someone like this is exhausting and always tends to get the best of you. He is treading in dangerous waters. I am not sure he is aware of it.

JM has been on this rodeo circuit for 27+ years. This is probably how he de-stresses! I think this is what gives him energy--he likes taking down the worst killers in his jurisdiction. We may be exhausted, but he's just getting started. Aware of it? He wrote the book on it. That man knows exactly what he's doing and he's very comfortable doing it.

:cheer: Go Casey Jordan!

She says that women are NOT sympathetic to lying, cagey Jodi.

All that back and forth tonight about how Jodi was really having a flashback to a time when Travis did not hurt her [he even hugged her] when she ran into the closet to grab the gun.

I feel like a car that's towed a uhaul on the highway in first gear.

I can no longer process information.

I think it is simply the honor system... but your question makes me curious about something else regarding this:

There is no admonition that the jurors not watch, read hear or otherwise learn about or discuss OTHER true crime documentaries ...

I wonder what is going through their minds...

If that is a reflection of what YOU would do, then I hope that you would be disqualified during the jury selection process. :)

They create a false dichotomy, use haphazard, unscientific "polling" and insult women round the world, all for ratings. I'm offended. They reinforce the stereotype that women are not critical thinkers, but, rather, are emotional and sentimental, and therefore unreasonable. Which really implies they should not partake in the administering of justice. Deeply offensive and retro and misogynistic on so many levels, IMO.

BBM

That is wrong why?

:truce:

That made the hair on my arms stand up too.

How would you interpret that? She has killed, she was considering more killings or it was a just a weird way of saying it? :waitasec:

Buying the gun makes me think she was planning on more killings. JMO

Jumping off your post.

I was chocked, strangled, during a DV incident. First of all, I RAN from my abuser and called 911. Although I got scared when the police arrived and tried to stand by him, I took pictures! You do take pictures no matter what. BTW, I didn't pass out as she "claims" so mine would be less of an assault in the "Arias world". There in NO amount of make-up that would cover the marks...EVER! She is a liar! :twocents:

ETA: My close friends and family heard about his directly from me. You tell someone, it's not something you don't share with anyone. Nope.

Well, no disrespect to you, but OBVIOUSLY Ms. Jodi is a better person than you. Not only did she protect her abuser by never telling anyone or taking any pictures, or writing it in her journal----but she also protected all the lil boys in the neighborhood by wearing Spidey undies and having anal sex. Sorry, but I guess we can't all measure up to her greatness and goodness. She even sent flowers to his Grandma.

Also heard on JVM that Martinez is going down the path of Jeff Ashton and how Baez took the wind out of those sails with the assertion "Caylee wasn't missing", etc, etc.

Therefore, another thing that I cannot understand is why the continual comparisons to that case? Travis was obviously murdered, and his body was stuffed in the shower of his home. JA is asserting it was self-defense. There is no question how Travis died or who killed him.

:furious:

I get the comparison, it is a snowball rolling down a hill now. She has a certain physical appeal to the media. So did another defendant.

Her defense came out and accused, using tales spun from air alone, to make someone else the villain and themselves the true victim. So did another.

Both prosecutions had to address the lies IMO.

So I see the parallel being drawn. I just have hope that because the reasons you mention above exist, where they did not in a previous debacle, er trial, the jury will find JA guilty.

It says volumes that she could instantly detach herself from Darryl's small child whom she had lived with for four years.

Oh trust me some how I've managed to have 2 of these lovely ladies in my world & believe it or not there was a window of time both of them were in my day to day life... I'm very proud I'm not an alcoholic after that much crazy in concentrate!

Btw I'm female so not a man bashing women but a chick calling crazy out :floorlaugh:

As do I ! Would God have to be served personally or would the Pope be a sufficient proxy? What a day that would be in court. Who would God swear to tell the truth to? :abduction:

bbm- LOL!

(s)he would need to be kept under a lengthy subpoena, I think a lot of people have questions for him/her. I'd like to inquire about everything from Why No World Peace down to some pretty irrelevant petty stuff.

I thought Hinkley was a big fancy pants Mormon leader? Is that not right?

I thought an LDS member said it was a pretty common trend to name kids after LDS leaders. :waitasec:

Also, Reagan was one of Travis' heroes. He was a huge fan of 80's capitalism.

So I don't think those were among JA's many lies.

Gordon B. Hinkley was a prophet of God, according to the Mormon church. It is very common to name a Mormon child after Mormon leaders..Spencer is a common name, Spencer W. Kimball was a prophet, seer, and revalator of the Mormon church.

I have the hardest time figuring JA out. When you print a list like this, I think, well, of course, that's her. But then I read a description of Borderline Personality Disorder, and that sounds like her too. The same for Sociopath/Psychopath. Can she be bits and pieces of all three?

Folks can have comorbid disorders, absolutely.

And psychopaths/sociopaths/antisocials include narcissism within their primary diagnosis (a psychopath is always a narcissist). Folks who are narcissists only aren't necessarily criminal or terribly immoral; they are just terribly self-serving and self-centered (a narcissist is not always a psychopath). There is a term 'malignant narcissist' to describe the really awful ones of those.

(I think JA is mainly a psychopath who also has borderline PD, at least features of it when under stress and surrounding her concept of romantic love.)

When you ask it that way, I don't know what to say. It is a really odd remark. I'd certainly say she does not see killing as all that bad, as long as she can excuse it in her own mind. My guess is we caught her at the beginning of her career.

Hopefully.

I think the 9mm gun she bought just shortly before being arrested, was not for her to commit suicide with. I think she felt she got her revenge on Travis by killing him felt no remorse or guilt for what she did. I think that gun was bought with the intention of seeking revenge on a few more people who she felt had done her wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value