trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing, Jodi thought because she'd been there so much she did not need gloves. Her fingerprints would have been everywhere! Arrogance. Travis might have questioned the gloves when she was taking the pictures to "relax" him when she pulled the knife out from hiding it in her sweater or sock.
She also tried to explain her hair away, ...(lol, not bleached blond)...Flores told her that hair was bloody. She showed up in braids cause it contained that hair, but not all. Still wondering, why they didn't find more hair...after all that sex, sleeping and killing...those perfect looking braids in her (timer) naked pics.

pretty sure flores told her they found 'a lot' of hair.

I'm re-watching the Chris Hughes testimony (Day 10), and he is very defensive and kinda shady.
Anyone else think so?

No. I think he is seething with anger and leery if the defense trying to trap him. He feels utter disgust about the defense and finds them to be lying manipulators.

I know this is speculation on my part, but re: that email that the Hughes sent, isn't it possible that they were trying to make Travis look as unattractive as possible to get her to just leave him alone?

I don't want to be one of those people who just think he was some kind of saint. I don't. I think he had a lot of issues. I just want the things said about him to be accurate.

I posted something like this yesterday. I watched their interview on 48 hours and they appeared to adore Travis. I think they were trying to make JA leave him alone. Reverse psychology.

Oh I wasn't criticizing. I know that most of the nation likes to watch them I personally don't get it. But I hate reality shows (I'm not normal)....I like Discovery Channel, Investigative Discovery, Military Channel....

I have bizarre tastes!

Oh I know you you weren't criticizing-its all good!!

I know this is speculation on my part, but re: that email that the Hughes sent, isn't it possible that they were trying to make Travis look as unattractive as possible to get her to just leave him alone?

I don't want to be one of those people who just think he was some kind of saint. I don't. I think he had a lot of issues. I just want the things said about him to be accurate.

I would want to know how Travis was with siblings. Personally, I think he was very co-dependent, proud but yet, a little cocky. Like a teen first discovering sex--people who talk about sex a lot tend to be not getting it. ..very late bloomer, once you start--and all.

I think he did a lot of good things for Jodi, helping her and he did care to a point. Jodi had been around the block several times, now she wants to play virgin? Please. I think Travis knew he was being a hypocrite with his religion and sex, that's why he kept pulling away from Jodi and she kept putting out her spider web of sex or crawling through the doggy door, creeping in his bed while he slept.

I suspect she was in her ninja outfit. re: hoodie w/ yoga pants.

We had a discussion about Jodi wearing a hoodie in AZ's extreme heat, but I still believe she was wearing that outfit in the house and disposed of it all later.

Where? Hoover dam, Crater lake? I wish they damn gun and knife were found.

She also tried to explain her hair away, ...(lol, not bleached blond)...Flores told her that hair was bloody. She showed up in braids cause it contained that hair, but not all. Still wondering, why they didn't find more hair...after all that sex, sleeping and killing...those perfect looking braids in her (timer) naked pics.

I was a waitress from age 17 to 23 thru college & grad school. I worked fine dining and cocktail waitressing at clubs in Houston.

Jodi DID NOT support herself by being a server after she left DB. First of all, each time she quit one restaurant and was hired at another, she had to purchase the new uniform, then spend time as a trainee (and usually you don't earn tips while training on the new ordering software) for a period of time.

I'll have to revisit her testimony under direct about her employment history, but what struck me was the large number of places she worked in a short period of time. The first thing I thought was "she must not have been making much money--how did she support herself?"

No. I think he is seething with anger and leery if the defense trying to trap him. He feels utter disgust about the defense and finds them to be lying manipulators.

Yep, I thought he looked disgusted by the defense. They tricked him into thinking things about his friend that he never would of imagined. I mean, they told his wife they could prove 100% those letters were real and from his friend. Thats completely wrong. And then the usual games they play with only only giving "parts" of emails to testify on. His disgust for the defense was obvious. Who would be like that after being lied to about such horrible things.

That will be addressed in closing. Can't wait for the closing arguments! :rocker:

In hindsight, I wish JM would have asked Arias what happened to the gas in the cans to necessitate having to fill them again in Utah.

Not only is she a monster, she is a stupid monster ...

"It's easier to say I have a boyfriend than to say i'm not interested"... Translated: Better stake your claim now Travis, I have other guys pursuing me...just so you know..
What a manipulative gameplayer. Desperate.

Darryl said soon after the young Mormon preacher boys started calling, Jodi instituted the "No sex for you, Darryl. I'm saving myself for marriage" rule. I see that as a ploy to get Darryl to finally marry her after 4 yrs.

I think she put the plate on upside down for the trip to Mesa, but I really only base that on one thing

In Jodi's interviews with Flores, when she's still denying she was in AZ, she tells him to "check the red light cameras, wouldn't they have seen me if I was there?" and he says "only if you ran a red light."

There's urban myth about upside down plates being unable to be read by photo cams at red lights. I think Jodi somehow thought they recorded every car that came through intersections and viola! hers wouldn't show up because of her fancy trick!

I don't think there's any way she would have suggested he check traffic cams unless she thought she had beat them. Who would have said that, 'check the red light cameras, I'm not there" if they didn't think they'd invented a failsafe way to prove a negative, that she wasn't there. (keeping in mind her ignorance about how the system worked)

It's sort of like taking your EZ pass off and paying cash at toll booths and then telling someone to check the EZ pass records, I wasn't there.

So it's only one sentence I base my opinion on, but when she said it, I went "whoa, why would anyone say that?" I thought it was a weird, notable statement in the interview.

Great catch!! I didn't catch her saying that. I'm torn between that and her doing it in Utah in order to be pulled over and create a paper trail that showed her there instead of AZ. My DH said that a cop would see that immediately.

Jodi is such a sick freak that I've noticed her telling more than one lie/story about evidence. Like the clip with Det. Flores--she starts out telling about TRAVIS CLEANING THE FLOOR *that was on June 4* and then shaving *here she puts in a story of shaving from a prior time when she took his pic shaving and he put it on myspace* and she having to "convince him while shaving" to take pics in the shower. She confuses things purposely.

I think she put the plate on upside down for the trip to Mesa, but I really only base that on one thing

In Jodi's interviews with Flores, when she's still denying she was in AZ, she tells him to "check the red light cameras, wouldn't they have seen me if I was there?" and he says "only if you ran a red light."

There's urban myth about upside down plates being unable to be read by photo cams at red lights. I think Jodi somehow thought they recorded every car that came through intersections and viola! hers wouldn't show up because of her fancy trick!

I don't think there's any way she would have suggested he check traffic cams unless she thought she had beat them. Who would have said that, 'check the red light cameras, I'm not there" if they didn't think they'd invented a failsafe way to prove a negative, that she wasn't there. (keeping in mind her ignorance about how the system worked)

It's sort of like taking your EZ pass off and paying cash at toll booths and then telling someone to check the EZ pass records, I wasn't there.

So it's only one sentence I base my opinion on, but when she said it, I went "whoa, why would anyone say that?" I thought it was a weird, notable statement in the interview.

BBM

Well, she is smarter than he is right??

Did you also hear one of her first responses to Flores was ""But did you find the gun?" I think she hid that gun where NOBODY will find it. She thought if there was no gun she would not be arrested.

However, the photos retrieved from the camera came through for all of us!!!! :floorlaugh:

I also believe the angry texts from May26 were because Jodi hacked into his Facebook account. She was "sorry" for that too.

Then convinced Travis to let her stop by as she was on her way to see "another guy". Manipulator all the way.

I think she showed up at his house on June 4th with the 'I'd like to return your money' and 'I'm sorry about the sex-tape' excuses.

Needless to say Travis believed her.

Posting this in the new thread since by the time I finished writing it the old thread got closed...

There is a universe of difference between being emotionally abusive and physically abusive. Travis was unfortunately emotionally abusive to the women he dated by not telling them where they really stood with them in whatever the relationship was, not telling them about other women he was seeing, using Jodi for sex and saying mean things about her behind her back, etc. But all of that is just typical "player" male bad behavior that we all know well and have probably dealt with ourselves with men we've dated or had serious relationships with.

NONE of this crap matters to this case. Jodi's claim is that he PHYSICALLY abused her which never happened, and she claimed it was PHYSICAL abuse of her that caused her to be so frightened for her life that she had no choice but to kill him.

JODI was the one who wanted a relationship with him that she knew she couldn't have and refused to allow him to exit the relationship by repeatedly stalking him, showing up where she wasn't invited, sneaking into his home, threatening other women around him, and she decided to kill him because he didn't want to continue with even the sex relationship with her anymore.

The jury is not going to be swayed by this silly woman. They know Jodi sold her a hill of beans as she always has and has even done during her own testimony. They also know that though he treated her badly by using her for sex he never physically abused her nor did he ever initiate any physical abuse of her that caused her to have to kill him to save herself from his killing her. There's no question that the Hughes thought he was abusive to her because of his using her for sex even though it was always HER that aggressively pursued sex with him in order to try to manipulate him into having the relationship that SHE wanted with him and he DIDN'T want with her.

If anyone had a right to feel emotional abused - or more appropriately - USED by him it was his ex-girfriend who while he was boinking Jodi was trying to convincer her to marry him and that she never new about his cheating with Jodi until after he was dead.

And the one thing with all the endless babbling from this woman for days that she never once even hinted at and that we all know is true is that physical abusers are never only physically abusive to only one woman but abuse all the women in all the relationships they have with them. There is no question that there is not one single woman that Travis dated who claims he was ever physically abusive with THEM.

One thing I assumed from ALV even before she spoke a word in this trial is that there is no woman she has EVER come across that claims she's been physically abused that she will not believe. She is so steeped in her interest in this subject that she is incapable of questioning whether or not any woman that claims physical abuse could possibly be lying about it. I've seen the same thing with rape survivor advocates... there is not EVER a woman that they have ever come across that claims they were raped that they are capable of questioning that claim... if she claims it, it MUST be true despite all evidence to the contrary.

Well here I am, late to the party as usual. RL sure does get in the way of things I would rather do.

This post caught my attention, obviously. My only concern is that while I and many others will see the wisdom in these words and be able to come to a reasonable conclusion based on the real evidence, there are some in our society who will be swayed by some expert opinions as well as opinions of Talking Heads on that ridiculous HLN network, or by some fake jurors on a separate but equally ridiculous TV program.

And if a percentage of our society can be so easily swayed, so can a percentage of our jurors. Jurors are people, and in any group of people you wil lfind some who are bright and possess common sense and some who are dull and are easily led up the garden path. And when I hear about a citizen approaching the prosecutor in the middle of a trial to ask for his autograph and photos as if he is some sort of rock star, well, to put it bluntly...I want to puke!

What is WRONG with people?! How our society functions at all with such stupidity happening at every turn is beyond me. Unfortunately the term "fair trial" has a far different meaning today than it had back in the day.

Fair means equal, impartial, not biased. Everyone wants fairness and everyone complains when it doesn't happen, even those who inadvertently have a hand in it not happening.

We all wonder why so often things go horribly wrong in our justice system. We are appalled when a killer is set free. Even those who have no qualms about sticking their noses in where they don't belong will be appalled if this killer goes free, or if this becomes a mistrial that their selfish actions may have played a part in.

I totally think she knew that they would know it was her, my theory is that she originally planned a clean kill in the shower and to take his body and dispose of it leaving no evidence, no crime, and no tracks of her ever being in Arizona, and solid alibis elsewhere. He got out of the shower and it turned into a bloody kill crime scene she could not clean up and hide, so she left him.

Yep, I agree with this entirely. I think that's why she went out of her way to lay the foundation for "look how entirely unremarkable my life was during that period, it couldn't have been me," to include her romp with Ryan. In her world, it made perfect sense as an 'alibi', because she is banking on the assumption that "nobody in their right mind would be able to do something like that right after killing somebody."

That would be true if we were talking about someone who wasn't a sociopath, but if you don't have any sense of remorse, it would be entirely consistent. She missed that little problem with her theory. Of course, she is blind to that and entirely unable to see that we do not view her as she desires. :cow:

I was a waitress from age 17 to 23 thru college & grad school. I worked fine dining and cocktail waitressing at clubs in Houston.

Jodi DID NOT support herself by being a server after she left DB. First of all, each time she quit one restaurant and was hired at another, she had to purchase the new uniform, then spend time as a trainee (and usually you don't earn tips while training on the new ordering software) for a period of time.

I'll have to revisit her testimony under direct about her employment history, but what struck me was the large number of places she worked in a short period of time. The first thing I thought was "she must not have been making much money--how did she support herself?"

Not to mention she was always going on "trips" with TA. How the heck does someone do that and hold down a job?

If you're the Defense, anything goes in Judge Sherry K. Stephens' Maricopa County Superior Court.

But try to sleep well, anyway. :seeya:

I wonder if JSS tends to favor the defense in all of the cases that she hears? I've given her the benefit of the doubt due to the fact that this is her first DP case and that she's treading carefully so there are no grounds for appeal. I hope it's the latter and that she isn't favoring the lying liar murderess.

I think the long weekend break will be good for all of us who have been following this case intensely.

I have always assumed the license plate was put upside once she got to Utah (or nearby) on purpose so she could get pulled over... since an upside down license plate is eye catching.... then laughed "oh my friends must be playing a joke on me" and then there, now its on record she was nowhere near Travis at that time.

What are your opinions? I didnt realize (i must be slow :blushing:)that it was thought she did that to not be noticed near Travis house. Wouldnt the upside down plate stand out more if thats the case?

Did we ever stop to think she used a plate from another car for her trip in and out of AZ? The story about the plate coming off at Starbucks always sounded "hinky" to me, as if she was speaking from experience. If Jodi took a front plate off a CA car in the Starbuck's parking lot that person might just assume they lost their plate. She could have taken that plate and put it on the back of her car and removed both plates on the rental. Once she was out of AZ she would have put the original plate back on. But what if she did it at night in the middle of the desert when she disposed of everything. It is highly likely the plate was upside down because it was dark and she did not realize she had put the plate on wrong. It would not make sense that a traffic camera would not capture the plate numbers because all they had to do was turn the picture upside down to get the number off it. lol It would, however, make sense to her to put a plate on the car that in no way could ever be traced back to her. Isn't that why people steal plates???

I also wondered why JM grilled Jodi on that plate and how she found it. If JM could prove a motorist reported a plate was missing from their car that night in that very parking lot it's a big win for the State to prove premeditation. Wishful thinking on my part. But it could have happened. jmo

Patriarchal Terrorism. That's all I need to hear to classify ALV as a FARCE.

Tell me ladies--who is the evil male who controls YOUR life? If you are female, you have an abuser in your life! How do I know this? Because ALV says if you have a penis, you're an abuser and if you have a vajayjay, you're abused.

I would have to say it's my 5 year old son. He's very demanding and not reasonable at all!

This woman is an embarrassment to women. ALL women--not just those of us who have experienced abuse.

Darryl said soon after the young Mormon preacher boys started calling, Jodi instituted the "No sex for you, Darryl. I'm saving myself for marriage" rule. I see that as a ploy to get Darryl to finally marry her after 4 yrs.

I think Darryl would have married his young, sexpot girlfriend in a heartbeat. (and I think he still would!) I think it was Jodi who was just playing house and buying time to find a more exciting option. Darryl was just a temporary stop, and an alternative to Yreka and living with her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp