long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jodi did not intend to kill Travis and it was self defense why did she put his body back into the shower? From the pictures she took it appears her plan was to kill him in the shower but she wasn't successful and all the stab wounds indicate her attempt to stop him from going any further. So she drags him back and puts him back into the shower. Fog or no fog. If she were in such a state of shock she could not remember how would she know it was self defense and not an attempt to kill him in a rage???????

I am not entirely convinced that another person was there. But, this is EXACTLY the type of thinking I was referring to earlier, i.e. listening with a different filter.... two ninjas, one male, one female (her). It would make sense that he was instructed to either shoot or finish it off. An awful lot of attempted clean up also happened in very short order for one person. I have to admit that i still have a hard time accepting her (anyone!0 slicing his throat they she did. One other thing that she said in the interr tapes was that "if it were me, then I would kill him in a very humane way." Now why did she include that little tidbit? I did not recall her being told the number of stabs + the throat. Was her final slicing somehow her version of, "humane" -if he were struggling, begging for his life, spitting and coughing up blood? Makes me wonder if she ever experienced have to take a deer down like that or something...you know...put the animal out of its misery? Ewe. makes me wanna vomit typing these thoughts. So sorry.
OMG. It just occurred to me when you said "humane," deer hunters (at least my dad and all the men I grew up around) slash the deer's throat as soon as they can get to the kill so the body will start to cool out as quickly as possible.

I will bet Jodi's dad took her out hunting with him at some point in their history. Most country girls learn how a gun works and how to shoot it pretty young. Life in the country doesn't offer much to do so hunting season is a looked for and exciting change of pace. You get up in the middle of the night, drive until daybreak, and if you don't find your prey early, sleep til dusk and start again. A gun and a hunting knife are essential equipment.

Fixation Bowie Hunting Knife w/Nylon Sheath - $29.99 @ Walmart
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/72/98/57/99/0072985799168_500X500.jpg

I was really surprised as actually I never knew that the judge was doing other trials.
I think myself (but what do I know) that a DP judge should only do that trial and get the damn thing overwith already.
Sometimes she just looks exhausted to me.

I have to agree she should be dedicated to the DP trial only for the time the trial is scheduled. I don't think they are saving the state money by dividing her time. jmo

I was really surprised as actually I never knew that the judge was doing other trials.
I think myself (but what do I know) that a DP judge should only do that trial and get the damn thing overwith already.
Sometimes she just looks exhausted to me.

At the end of court Thurs, Judge asked jury if they would have a problem starting court at 9:30am.I hope she means every day from now on :)
Lets get a move on here!!

OMG. It just occurred to me when you said "humane," deer hunters (at least my dad and all the men I grew up around) slash the deer's throat as soon as they can get to the kill so the body will start to cool out as quickly as possible.

I will bet Jodi's dad took her out hunting with him at some point in their history. Most country girls learn how a gun works and how to shoot it pretty young. Life in the country doesn't offer much to do so hunting season is a looked for and exciting change of pace. You get up in the middle of the night, drive until daybreak, and if you don't find your prey early, sleep til dusk and start again. A gun and a hunting knife are essential equipment.

Fixation Bowie Hunting Knife w/Nylon Sheath - $29.99 @ Walmart
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/72/98/57/99/0072985799168_500X500.jpg

Wow you have a good point there but Jodi does not look the country girl part, at least not now.
Does anyone know?

I went and read the good "doc" Samuels post on Jodi Aris is Innocent, and I think him posting on that sit alone is improper, biased, and a conflict of interest.

Mr. Martinez should use his statement to completely impeach doc Sam's entire testimony, and the judge should admonish him!!!!!

I hate to be the one to ask (lol) but is there court today?

No, there isn't.

The current Maricopa County Superior Court Docket Calendar for Judge Stephens has the lying torture-murderess's trial continuing at 9:15 a.m. tomorrow and 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday Arizona (Mountain Standard) time.

No trial scheduled for Thursday or Friday at this time.

Here's the link: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...lList.asp?ID=3604&startdate=4/1/2013&length=7

You can navigate to the link (it's Judge Stephens' schedule for this week) and page-search for "Arias" or the case number CR2008-031021.

I cannot wait for Juan Martinez

:what:

Is JM gonna start cross tomorrow morning or is JW still on direct?

No way Arias had help. If she did then she would scream out that person's name from the rooftops! She would have manipulated the Detective, asked for a lighter sentence in return etc. A woman who a history of using, abusing and now butchering would not have hesitated for a second before turning the guy in. No. She did it ALL alone.

I can't wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow!

The problem is that if she named an accomplice it would prove premeditation. JMO

This has probably come up before, however I've noticed Nancy Grace is the only one who refers to RS as "Dick Samuels". With the emphasis she puts on 'Dick', I get the impression she just uses that fact that Richard/Dick can be used interchangeably, as an excuse to call him 'Dick'.

Has anyone seen him referred to as "Dick Samuels" elsewhere?

I noticed that too. :floorlaugh:

Ok now don't you all go hating me. But I like Nancy Grace, yes I do.....lol

And I think she is doing the "Dick" thing on purpose...hehehehe

What NG does is a good thing. How she does it is a bad thing. She is so rude to her guests I can't watch her anymore. Any defense attorney that starts to explain a defense gets interrupted and rudely mocked. If she was polite and and intelligently argumentative it would be a very interesting program.

When she's on Anderson Cooper as a guest she's funny and incisive.

I went and read the good "doc" Samuels post on Jodi Aris is Innocent, and I think him posting on that sit alone is improper, biased, and a conflict of interest.

Mr. Martinez should use his statement to completely impeach doc Sam's entire testimony, and the judge should admonish him!!!!!

I refuse to go on there can you summarise?

I don't know what it says but I agree,to post on such a site clearly proves he is not impartial and is so bias

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

"Dick" actually went and posted on that site????????????????????

Well then I think his whole speel should be thrown out in the hot AZ sun.

So very unprofessional.

I don't know what it says but I agree,to post on such a site clearly proves he is not impartial and is so bias

What would we expect from a psychologist who "has feelings for" his subject?

And don't "beg [my] pardon, sir!"

It's Holy Monday. This court obviously observes this as a holiday. I would assume Mesa has a large Mexican population. jmo

Probably a large Hispanic population in general, not just Mexiacans.

If those unreleased pics are of Travis and JA having sex, the DT would be hollering to have them released to corroborate JA's bs.

Instead, maybe those other pics are of Travis' murdered body and just too gruesome to release - the ones that have been released tell the story.

I don't believe JA had sex with Travis on the day she butchered him.

I'm not sure I believe it too but that means, she staged it. And if she staged THAT, would it really be too far fetched that the WHOLE event (as it's being told today) was staged too? I don't think so.

(New topic)

People are taking verbatim what Jodi is saying (she alone attacked Travis etc...) and what the State is saying. Let me remain some of you that professionals said JFK was shot by a lone gunman and now 50 years later, we know that's highly unlikely.

People make mistakes. We're all infallible. Professionals have sentenced innocent people to life in jail only to have (modernized) DNA exonerate them as well.

I'm not saying LE or Flores made a mistake. For all we know perhaps they TOO think she had help. But in order to not cloud the FACT that Jodi (somehow) indeed killed Travis, they are going with their strengths and what they can prove and that is.....Jodi was there.

Besides, the circumstances (or additional players) doesn't really change the outcome or their plight to convict her with 1st degree premeditated murder which she IS indeed guilty of.

Is JM gonna start cross tomorrow morning or is JW still on direct?

<snipped by TruthDetector>

Sadly, it's still the JW/ALV show resuming when next they pick it up.

(Could always be preempted by the JA Migraine Soap Opera.)

"Dick" actually went and posted on that site????????????????????

Well then I think his whole speel should be thrown out in the hot AZ sun.

So very unprofessional.

Yes, indeed! Scroll down to March 28 - A message from Dr. Richard Samuel

Yes, indeed! Scroll down to March 28 - A message from Dr. Richard Samuel

I cannot stand the guy but I doubt he'd do something like that. Any one can write and claim to be Dr. Samuels.

Yes!

I am waiting for a way or time for Juan to bring up these behaviors and have ALV basically have to admit that JA does, indeed, have many of these behaviors consistent with a PD. I was hoping it would have come up with Dr Samuels...so now I'm hoping it will happen with ALV. And then taking it a step further and asking her why she didn't consider that when determining JA was a "victim." All from a proven liar.

Can he get something asked in that regard?

NOT commenting on NICE or NOT, but as soon as I heard her loooong biographical statement of expertise and read her CV, I absolutely (and still do) consider ALV to be a "light weight" in terms of what we have come to expect for an "expert" witness.... she appears to be more of an advocate and even a trainer. I am convinced that our Juan will do what it takes to underscore this for the jury. She may not have acted as knowingly bogus as I think RS did but she is way to immeshed in touch/feely carp to be a DV "expert" witness. Wheeew... JMHO:blushing:

He thanks those showing support for him, and while he can't specifically comment on the case "until it is over", he says PTSD is real, as is memory loss, during acute stress.

Notice he can't comment "until it is over"?! Betcha we hear a lot from him afterwards! :furious:

I'm not sure I believe it too but that means, she staged it. And if she staged THAT, would it really be too far fetched that the WHOLE event (as it's being told today) was staged too? I don't think so.

(New topic)

People are taking verbatim what Jodi is saying (she alone attacked Travis etc...) and what the State is saying. Let me remain some of you that professionals said JFK was shot by a lone gunman and now 50 years later, we know that's highly unlikely.

People make mistakes. We're all infallible. Professionals have sentenced innocent people to life in jail only to have (modernized) DNA exonerate them as well.

I'm not saying LE or Flores made a mistake. For all we know perhaps they TOO think she had help. But in order to not cloud the FACT that Jodi (somehow) indeed killed Travis, they are going with their strengths and what they can prove and that is.....Jodi was there.

Besides, the circumstances (or additional players) doesn't really change the outcome or their plight to convict her with 1st degree premeditated murder which she IS indeed guilty of.

Travis does not look happy in any of those pics, imo. He's giving her a UK bird in one, I believe. In others he looks unaware, startled, and then, of course, fearful.

This was not a "Happy to see you, Jodi", Travis, that I can see.

I keep hearing HLN talking heads say that JM will address this or that in his closing argument, in order to bring out whatever is necessary to discredit the domestic abuse, etc. and influence the jury toward the first degree murder verdict. But the prosecution still has the rebuttal phase do they not? Isn't that when he'll really have the best opportunity to discredit the DT's expert witnesses? I just can't figure out why these people keep saying he'll take care of everything in his closing argument. I mean, isn't that kind of jumping ahead, or am I missing something? :waitasec:

Rebuttal is where JM will need to "seal the deal," as it were. When I was clerking in the DA's office, a homicide prosecutor told me that you can never win a case in closing argument...but, you can lose one. The point being that you must have the jury with you going into closing argument, or you will lose.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes