trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has gone from car accident.... to train wreck.....to circus....to Pink Floyd laser show (no disrespect to PF :rocker:)....

To now--an undergraduate course in the "Theatre of the Absurd". If Jodi starts comparing herself to Sisyphis I will eat Steely Dan's sock....

This is beyond comprehension. Cue Twin Peaks theme....

Careful what you wish for. :giggle:

Okay, I've watched, re-watched, and re-watched again and there are definite signals going on between JA, JW, and ALV. Right before ALV pushed up her glasses the second time (more pronounced than the first) she looked at her watch. Right before JW asked to approach she either looked at someone or the clock, in the same direction JA kept looking a couple of times.

If ALV is still sick today the judge should order that no work on this case be done by the defense team until testimony resumes. If they do any work on this case it cannot be billed. That way Nurmi and Wilmott won't continue to bill the people of Arizona for this case. Any more pauses in this case caused by the defense and/or its witnesses should come at the expense of the defense team. If they can't bill hours for this case, they have to bill hours for other cases....let those cases bear the burden of extended casework. This case has cost the taxpayers enough already.

Obviously ALV never spoke with Jodi's parents. It appears that was what JM was alluding to when he asked RS if he had ever spoken to the parents. Those interviews with Flores would have had to have influenced their decision to testify had either ALV or RS interviewed them or heard these tapes.

It's possible ALV's slip yesterday about changing her claim that Jodi saw pictures on Travis' computer to actual pictures because of Jodi's testimony.....then she corrected it to conversation could have made her quite ill. It appears ALV may have watched some of Jodi's testimony which she was not suppose to do. So it was not so much that she was lying about it, but that she slipped up and got caught. JM would not something like that slip by.

IMO, she has bigger things to worry about than one little slip. Her credibility as a DV "professional" is on the line and she MUST sense that. I mean, her entire CAREER is about to be put under a microscope.

Maybe it all sounded a lot plausible in her head as she prepared. Then, when she started talking, she thought, "Heavens! I sound NUTS!" Or maybe she really IS sick. The problem for the DT is that they've cried wolf so many times, nobody believes them OR their client.

Truly, though, ALV is a bright enough person not to have fallen hook, line and sinker for this. She doesn't believe it. Nobody in her right mind would believe it with the evidence presented. She's privy to info on the slashed tires, anonymous email, etc. She saw those police interviews with the parents. She KNOWS.

ALV is egotistical, though. I've seen sparks of it during her testimony. Little jabs thrown after the bell, er, objection. She probably thought she was SMART enough she could convince OTHERS to buy it. She also thought JA would do a better job of "selling it" on the stand before she even got up there. She was never supposed to be the "star witness." THAT was supposed to be JA.

Every time ALV looks at the jury, she realizes she is digging herself in deeper and deeper. These people are over it. And JW is so excruciatingly slow in her questioning, she is stuck up there for days on end just dreading Juan Martinez and knowing he is going to nail her down on every point.

Still, the fact is she seems more concerned with self-preservation than with the damage she is doing to TA's family and to the real victims of DV. Not unlike a certain person who stayed on the stand for 18 days. :moo:

I'm sure she was read the riot act on speaking in the press by the judge.

Actually once dismissed as a juror the Judge no longer has jurisdiction over her. She is free to speak like any other citizen that is not serving on the JA case.

It shows me that this juror is a very ethical person. She could speak out but has chosen not to do so until after the verdict is rendered.

IMO

I missed the last part (on purpose) because it was making I'll as well.

What was the slip to which you refer ? I missed that part.

I'm trying to find the place on video now.

I have always heard this to be the case but I still find it troubling, Especially with experts who play with the brain and tend to blame everything on some malfunction rather than admit the defendant is just a bunny boiler, er, frog boiler.

Lol, she really bungled that frog example. I'm sure any jurors who weren't already familiar with it were like, WTH?

Good morning, everyone!! Let's hope ALV is feeling better and has all her script properly memorized so she can come to court today.

This article is a few days old, but I just read it on the Juan Martinez facebook page. It's from the Huffington Post. It's very good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/janice-harper/the-burning-bed_b_2981003.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
This article is perfect. It could make the closing argument almost. And if I ever start to doubt my own judgment on this case, I'm going to take it back out for re-reading.
:tyou:

I missed the last part (on purpose) because it was making I'll as well.

What was the slip to which you refer ? I missed that part.

There were a few. The most notable to me was her retelling of the day JA supposedly walked in on TA in what is now referred to by JM as the mastubatory event. She tells a completely new story about the events leading up to JA's arrival, stated TA was on the computer, had to correct herself and say she misspoke. (She already misspoke to JM on the same topic in their interview months ago) She concluded by telling how JA loaned TA money on that day when per JA's cross and as evidenced by their text messages, it wasJA asking TA if he had made the deposit, he responds yes and then JA texts back something along the lines of thanks sweetie, I'll make it up to you. Of all the stories to blunder she messed up the biggest, the reason TA's violence escalated and the reason he's called a sexual deviant by the DT. It was beautiful!!!

So, juror 5 isn't going to talk until after the verdict.

I totally understand where she's coming from, but I don't want to wait that long, lol.

IMO, she has bigger things to worry about than one little slip. Her credibility as a DV "professional" is on the line and she MUST sense that. I mean, her entire CAREER is about to be put under a microscope.

Maybe it all sounded a lot plausible in her head as she prepared. Then, when she started talking, she thought, "Heavens! I sound NUTS!" Or maybe she really IS sick. The problem for the DT is that they've cried wolf so many times, nobody believes them OR their client.

Truly, though, ALV is a bright enough person not to have fallen hook, line and sinker for this. She doesn't believe it. Nobody in her right mind would believe it with the evidence presented. She's privy to info on the slashed tires, anonymous email, etc. She saw those police interviews with the parents. She KNOWS.

ALV is egotistical, though. I've seen sparks of it during her testimony. Little jabs thrown after the bell, er, objection. She probably thought she was SMART enough she could convince OTHERS to buy it. She also thought JA would do a better job of "selling it" on the stand before she even got up there. She was never supposed to be the "star witness." THAT was supposed to be JA.

Every time ALV looks at the jury, she realizes she is digging herself in deeper and deeper. These people are over it. And JW is so excruciatingly slow in her questioning, she is stuck up there for days on end just dreading Juan Martinez and knowing he is going to nail her down on every point.

Still, the fact is she seems more concerned with self-preservation than with the damage she is doing to TA's family and to the real victims of DV. Not unlike a certain person who stayed on the stand for 18 days. :moo:

:goodpost:

Agree with you completely.

Actually once dismissed as a juror the Judge no longer has jurisdiction over her. She is free to speak like any other citizen that is not serving on the JA case.

It shows me that this juror is a very ethical person. She could speak out but has chosen not to do so until after the verdict is rendered.

IMO

No, I didn't mean the judge threatened her with any action against her but just that I'm sure she explained that any statements made to the press will be intensely scrutinized and could be used as grounds for a mistrial so could she please, pretty please, STFU until it's all over.

Thank you so much! This video is scary stuff. Someone commented that her dad was cold. I don't think so. I think both parents are looking back to a lot of weirdness and wondering how it could have gotten that bad. I don't blame them at all.

What scares me is the thought of how many psychopaths and sociopaths are among us and what are they capable of when they get angry? For that matter, how could a normal person know what would make them angry? Wow. I am just clueless about that.

I have learned so much by coming to web sleuths. All of you, and all the varying opinions are like going through school. You all are wonderful.

Thanks so much.

I'm sure she was read the riot act on speaking in the press by the judge.

Juror #5 was released with no restrictions. She chooses not to talk at this time and that is a very good choice on her part. It was stated she was a true crime fan and I am sure she wants justice done and does not want to interfere but I do believe she will have a say when this trial is over...if that ever happens.

On Jodi's allegedly "lending" Travis money, no doubt JM has all of TA's bank records and that can be quickly verified (or not). If JM gets to start his cross anytime this month, I suspect he will go through stuff like that, item by item, to demonstrate the lies in Arias' journal. That will give tangible evidence that ALV's reliance on JA's stories was basically professional malpractice. But I expect we won't see JM get his chance any time soon. According to the courtwatchers, the jury is zoned out on this woman (even Dr. Drew is!) but that means Willmott will have her on direct another few days. I blame the Judge for this.

:seeya: Help with 3 questions please!!

1. Can JM call JA's parents as hostile witnesses?

2. Can the Alexander family file a wrongful death suit against JA?

3. JA's broke now, but is it legal for her to write a book and profit from it?

TIA :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member