MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused by the video. I thought I was looking at the first car we see traveling by, that turns left into the bar. But, apparently it is not that vehicle. I wonder, why did LE release the whole video if we are only supposed to be looking at just a few seconds that are truly relevant? And, why didn't they blur out <modsnip> girl?
The video has me discombobulated. So, let me see if I have this right. We are actually looking at a vehicle about 50 seconds in that goes from left to right, which is actually to the north? Correct?

Correct.

I know hunting is a big part of men's lives up there. I also know many families own land/cabins for deer camps. Would those be deserted this time of year or would there be activity?

I don't believe there are any deer camps or cabins anywhere near where this abduction occurred. I'm talking at least 10-20 miles. The Muskegon area is mostly urban. The suspect would have had to travel North (presumably) some distance to reach any deer camps. Since the suspect did not get on US 31 North and given the direction the vehicle was traveling, assuming that is the suspect, it makes that possibility even less likely IMO.

In the surveillance footage, there is a dark colored car that is following the van in question. I wonder if the car is connected to the abduction at all. If not, hopefully whoever was driving that car sees the surveillance footage and comes forward. Perhaps they got a license plate or saw something helpful.

My thinking on this case is the suspect is someone familiar with the area. Perhaps a local or a frequent visitor (salesman) via the interstate. The suspect may be someone she was familiar with in the store on an occasional or regular basis. LE should go back through the last 2 months of Friday's surveillance video (5pm to closing time) and see if they can catch a plate off that mini-van casing the area around the Exxon gas station. The suspect probably followed her home on more than one occasion after she closed the store, so they should trace her normal route home and see if they can find other video cameras along that route. They might catch video of the van following her car. The goal being to ID the plate or driver.

My thinking on this case is the suspect is someone familiar with the area. Perhaps a local or a frequent visitor (salesman) via the interstate. Likely this is someone she was familiar with in the store on an occasional or regular basis. LE should go back through the last 2 months of Friday's surveillance video (5pm to closing time) and see if they can catch a plate off that mini-van casing the area around the Exxon gas station. The suspect probably followed her home on more than one occasion after she closed the store, so they should trace her normal route home and see if they can find other video cameras along that route. They might catch video of the van following her car.

There is no video to review from the EXXON...they did not have cameras.

There is no video to review from the EXXON...they did not have cameras.

Maybe the poster means the same video cam from a neighboring business that caught the van/SUV presented on the news last night?

:waitasec:

I was hoping that I would read some good news here this morning. I have a bad feeling about Jessica's mysterious "disappearance", and the more time passes, the less likelihood that she'll be found. I can't help thinking about all of the water for which the Great Lakes State is known - not just the five Great Lakes, but also dozens of inland lakes that dot the landscape. Norton Shores is virtually on the banks of Lake Michigan, and there are several small lakes in the area, too. Jessica needs to be located soon! Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends. :please:

The station Jessica worked at, did NOT have video. At all.
Not the night she was abducted, not before that night.
The video would have cost more than the owner lost in gas drive offs, so it wasn't worth it.

The day after Jessica was abducted, he installed video.
:banghead:

Major CYA - backwards :furious:

Just like Skyline Elementary.

Yes!

For those who are wondering - this is in reference to the Kyron Horman (Portland, Oregon) case where the boy mysteriously disappeared from his school during a busy science fair. No video cameras in the building until afterwards. Kyron has never been found. :(

Me too! I keep thinking Billy Ray Cyrus but I know that's not right. His hair was longer in the back, not on top. Does it mean shaved underneath with long hair over that? And how long are we talking? Shoulder length? Any hair stylists here?

This is what comes to mind for me:

spicoliinfasttimesatridgemonthigh1.jpg

I have a huge problem with that And knowing HE didn't provide sec camera's for his employees....was this on purpose and wasn't there some other "incident" regarding his camera's before? The video is very confusing two cars are circled, ridiculous!

There was a serious accident in front of the Exxon station. LE told the owner that he should have surveillance video that would have assisted them in the investigation into that situation as well as Jessica's disappearance. The guy didn't think it was worthwhile to spend the money for a security system :rolleyes:

Police rule out friends, relatives after Michigan gas station clerk goes missing on night shift

Police release surveillance image, 911 calls

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com

Published On: Apr 30 2013 07:23:20 AM EDT Updated On: Apr 30 2013 09:48:13 AM EDT

DETROIT -
Tuesday marks the fourth day of the search for a petite 25-year-old gas station clerk who went missing while working the night shift in West Michigan.

Jessica Heeringa hasn't been seen since Friday night, shortly before the young mother was set to close an Exxon Mobil gas station in Norton Shores...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ift/-/1719418/19943764/-/frww36z/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jend1184