MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you can ask mistergwriter to get the 11pm shot. I don't see me loading up my son and 2 nieces at 11 tomorrow night and hucking them over to take pictures! I will get you the daylight shots though. .

Cool. I'm wondering if there's a "movie theater" effect at night. That is, if you're sitting or driving in a darker area, looking at a well-lit area, it can be easier to make out faces and details in that situation than if you are both in broad daylight at the same distance.

Still not clear on whether the witness saw the face while the van was at the Exxon station or while the van was driving away down by the strip mall/back road or both or?

And that witness hasn't popped up in the media the way the 8 pm witness has.

anyway you could estimate how many family are at command center? I am going to send pizzas for lunch for them tomorrow, but I don't have a clue how many family members there are..TIA:seeya:

That is awesome. I saw on the FB page that dinner is covered but they need lunch.

When I went to get flyers, I saw her mom, 2 grandparents, her sister (I think), her fiance, Carrie who is running the whole thing for them, the guy who started the fund and then maybe 7 or so more people who I can't identify. But I only went the one time.

Her family should contact Marc Klass...also sometimes Websleuths works with his group to help with meals, etc...as well as the support he provides the families.

Hard RRR's, d sounds for middle word t's, dropped g's on gerunds, and a very unique to Michigan pronunciation of 'A' sounds. How do you pronounce "Aunt"? Michigananders do
it somewhere in between "awntie" and "aintie".

Great question, btw. That the guitar store guy mentioned the voice as being that distinct to him suggests it might not be from the area? Like it's that distinct he'd know it right off.

FWIW, Tim Allen, the comedian/actor, is from West Michigan and his accent, at least in his early stand-up, is pretty typical for a Michigander.

Good description, I'm from Wisconsin originally, and even though there are some similarities, people here talk quite a bit differently than they do back home.

It is 3.5 hours but a very straight shot from Bloomington, IN, where Lauren Spierers went missing.

I still think LS ended up in a lake somewhere in Michigan near where JR's from--if not taken out on a boat on Lake Huron or Lake St Clair or Lake Erie. :twocents:

Good description, I'm from Wisconsin originally, and even though there are some similarities, people here talk quite a bit differently than they do back home.

Tim Allen has an accent? :waitasec:

This is a couple hours away...I pray theres no connection...

https://www.facebook.com/WSBTNews?hc_location=streamHuman remains were discovered off County Line Road in Michigan City near the Town of Pines. According to the Michigan City News-Dispatch, police went to the scene near Chandler Road around 2:30 Friday afternoon. The remains were found on the northside near the railroad tracks. Police haven't released how the remains were found.

A couple of miles off I-94, I really hope it's not her.

https://www.facebook.com/WSBTNews?hc_location=streamHuman remains were discovered off County Line Road in Michigan City near the Town of Pines. According to the Michigan City News-Dispatch, police went to the scene near Chandler Road around 2:30 Friday afternoon. The remains were found on the northside near the railroad tracks. Police haven't released how the remains were found.

Google maps distance= 126 miles, 2 hrs. 6 mins on 1-96 south/94 W

jmo

The worst of the native Michigan speakers have no concept of pace and space and pausing for effect--they speak too quickly most of the time, without regard for the listener, as tho they are talking to themselves (listen to Ted Nugent when he had a radio show). Northwest Ohio and some parts of Northern Indiana are close, but the hyper-Michigan accent has been described as the Scottish or Trainspotting accent of the Midwest. If they just slowed down, we could make out what they are saying without asking them to repeat themselves over and over. "Come again?"

Mike "Doc" Emrick, the dean of NHL play by play announcers, is from Northern Indiana and has the unique ability to speak as quickly as a Michigander while still being fully understood by Canadians.

Google maps distance= 126 miles, 2 hrs. 6 mins on 1-96 south/94 W

jmo

Ugh. You take I96 to I94 from here. Seaway Drive turns into I96 in Muskegon. Grand Haven Rd dead ends at Seaway Drive, just past Airport Rd.

Tim Allen has an accent? :waitasec:

Not sure if you're from Michigan and making a joke, or....if not, go back and listen to his stand-up from the 80's. He ameliorates it throughout his career as an actor, but it comes through in his early stand-up routines.

The worst of the native Michigan speakers have no concept of pace and space and pausing for effect--they speak too quickly most of the time, without regard for the listener, as tho they are talking to themselves (listen to Ted Nugent when he had a radio show). Northwest Ohio and some parts of Northern Indiana are close, but the hyper-Michigan accent has been described as the Scottish or Trainspotting accent of the Midwest. If they just slowed down, we could make out what they are saying without asking them to repeat themselves over and over. "Come again?"

Mike "Doc" Emrick, the dean of NHL play by play announcers, is from Northern Indiana and has the unique ability to speak as quickly as a Michigander while still being fully understood by Canadians.

Rude! No just kidding, you are right about the fast speech. I was raised in Indiana, but after I lived here for a few years, every time I had a phone converstation with my grandma (a Hoosier for life) it was mostly her telling me to slow down because she couldn't understand me. We drive fast, but never seem to go anywhere. We talk fast, but don't usually have a whole lot to say.

Wouldn't human remains imply a body that's been there a while and has decomposed? If it was JH wouldn't they say body? Probably not her, lets hope not

We drive fast, but never seem to go anywhere. We talk fast, but don't usually have a whole lot to say.

HA-HA, that's awesome. Bumper-sticker or even license-plate worthy. P_U_R_E M!CHIGAN

Rude! No just kidding, you are right about the fast speach. I was raised in Indiana, but after I lived here for a few years, every time I had a phone converstation with my grandma (a Hoosier for life) it was mostly her telling me to slow down because she couldn't understand me. We drive fast, but never seem to go anywhere. We talk fast, but don't usually have a whole lot to say.

LOL! You have a good sense of humor.

Not sure if you're from Michigan and making a joke, or....if not, go back and listen to his stand-up from the 80's. He ameliorates it throughout his career as an actor, but it comes through in his early stand-up routines.

Hold up that's not right. You take I196 to I94, and US31 to I196. Sorry about that! Scratch the whole I96, Seaway Drive, Grand Haven Rd thing. Big difference between 196 and 96. Again, I am tired. I think I need to stop trying to "help" and go to bed.

That is awesome. I saw on the FB page that dinner is covered but they need lunch.

When I went to get flyers, I saw her mom, 2 grandparents, her sister (I think), her fiance, Carrie who is running the whole thing for them, the guy who started the fund and then maybe 7 or so more people who I can't identify. But I only went the one time.

Thank you!! I'll estimate 14 ppl then !!!

Hold up that's not right. You take I196 to I94, and US31 to I196. Sorry about that! Scratch the whole I96, Seaway Drive, Grand Haven Rd thing. Big difference between 196 and 96. Again, I am tired. I think I need to stop trying to "help" and go to bed.

I think what you're saying is, Jessica's Exxon was at the terminal point of a easy freeway access from any direction? I think that's what you're getting at. Doesn't look like there's much North of there til you get to Luddington.

Whomever pointed out that the guitar shop guy clocking and noting the potential perp van dude's accent is significant might be on to something. This guy isn't ringing up as a local at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966