MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secret agent. What exactly is a secret agent? Is it an actual job title or another term for under cover agent?

Secret agent. What exactly is a secret agent? Is it an actual job title or another term for under cover agent?

I am guessing a plainclothes detective, lol. Secret agent sounds kind of dramatic.

Unless you're driving on the side streets, you MUST use the toll road to get from Indiana to Chicago. You'd either use 80/94, which is a the tollway, or you can use the "Skyway", which is also a toll road.
Take I94 to 290 and get on Eisenhower Expressway. I just know there are tons of ways in the city, but these are highways.

Take I94 to 290 and get on Eisenhower Expressway. I just know there are tons of ways in the city, but these are highways.
He came from Michigan. Not Indiana though correct? He could have came down the coastline..but again I have no clue if he went to Chicago. Detroit is so much closer.

We'll to that i would say how could she give a description of the person if she was at last a parking lot away? Down to the description of the eyebrows. I thought that was provided based on the fact that she recognized him as a previous customer and recalled his features.

Nothing about this eyewitness account makes any sense to me. Not the detailed sketch formed from watching something from afar at nighttime. Not the fact that someone noticed J didn't have the back lights on but still didn't go over there to check up on her. Even your enemy would call 911 if they were a decent person when they saw you struggling with a man near a vehicle, knowing you are alone at the end of your shift.

Someone told SH this account and, for some reason, she's repeated it to the media. LE spoke to a witness who recognized a silver van because it looks like the one that belongs to the person's parents. Still, so what if no other activity was witnessed at the time.

The guitar store guy sounds hinky too or it's possible the story isn't transferring well. Some guy asks J, 'hey, what are you doing out here?' two hours before she's abducted. The witness remembers this because the guy was being 'all flirty like'? I mean, really? He didn't see him but could hear him. How far away was this witness? It's possible the guy returned two hours later but I don't really understand the connection considering the two hour time lapse. That's one I'd have to witness for myself to understand what the big deal is or how that encounter transfers to he must be the guy who took JH.

Everything we've heard to date makes little sense imo. Sounds like deflection of some kind, for some reason.

He came from Michigan. Not Indiana though correct? He could have came down the coastline..but again I have no clue if he went to Chicago. Detroit is so much closer.

Oh, not saying he went to any particular location, but that the risk of getting pulled over and detected with JH tied up in a container in back is relatively minimal driving from Norton Shores down into Indiana and points South (maybe East to Ohio, West to downstate IL or further South down to KY or TN).

Going into Chicago or Detroit or any more heavily populated area equals greater LE and security apparatus presence (cameras, etc).

I was responding to the idea that it would be too risky for the perp to try to drive more than a few miles with JH in the vehicle.

I agree there's heightened risk during those few hours, but the reward is that once you get back to Muncie, Indiana, or Dayton, Ohio or Bloomington, Illinois, no one is really looking for you or your van...yet.

that is, the NSPD are talking to not only RSO's in the area around the adbuction site but also owners of that type of vehicle as well as folks turned in by tipsters.

A perp who successfully got back to someplace several hours away probably feels the risk of that drive was worth it at this point.

the only way they get caught is if someone local to them puts 2 + 2 together or they left a hard breadcrumb back at the store/in that area (paid for something with a ccard at the Exxon or maybe they checked into a local motel up there while casing the area on a prior trip).

these guys are already willing to risk getting interrupted mid-abduction at a highly public location. White-knuckling a few hours down the interstate back to wherever they came from probably is no big deal and maybe gives them a bit of a thrill.

It's also possible, as someone noted up thread, that this guy's a Ted K/Eric Rudolph type. Lotsa folks who border on that up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. And the rule of thumb up there is folks mind their own business.

Does the big bridge have cameras? I'd think it would and that's a major chokepoint between the lower and upper peninsula--absent a boat.

I am wondering WHY the FBI hasn't been called in.
I am getting very impatient. Shaw and his LE need help, I can not stand a day without forward movement. These cases go cold so fast as it is, but it has only been 8 days and it is so quiet. I hope the community will continue to keep this on the HOT BURNER. Peace & love to Jessica... and her family.

I found an interesting resource on the FBI and will ink to it.
FBI Involvement - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Why doesnt Jessica's case get these guys working on it?

There must be a reason they're not conducting active ground searches everyday.

I remember a case a winter or two ago, New Years Eve, I believe. A woman was driving the few miles home, hit a tree and got out of her car to try to walk home. It was minus degrees below zero. They began searching the next day and it still took several days for them to find her laying out in a farm field not too far from where she had wrecked. Weird. At least they were looking though.

I don't think he went to either, but he could well have, who knows...just noting that according to google maps,

From the Exxon at
1196 E Sternberg Rd, Norton Shores, MI 49444

"Detroit, MI" is 192 miles away
"Chicago, IL" is 179 miles away.

Fort Wayne, IN is about 200 miles
Indy itself just under 300 miles
Dayton, OH, about 5 hours drive.

Course, there's Grand Rapids, Lansing, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo etc, etc much closer in Michigan itself.

Oh, not saying he went to any particular location, but that the risk of getting pulled over and detected with JH tied up in a container in back is relatively minimal driving from Norton Shores down into Indiana and points South (maybe East to Ohio, West to downstate IL or further South down to KY or TN).

Going into Chicago or Detroit or any more heavily populated area equals greater LE and security apparatus presence (cameras, etc).

I was responding to the idea that it would be too risky for the perp to try to drive more than a few miles with JH in the vehicle.

I agree there's heightened risk during those few hours, but the reward is that once you get back to Muncie, Indiana, or Dayton, Ohio or Bloomington, Illinois, no one is really looking for you or your van...yet.

that is, the NSPD are talking to not only RSO's in the area around the adbuction site but also owners of that type of vehicle as well as folks turned in by tipsters.

A perp who successfully got back to someplace several hours away probably feels the risk of that drive was worth it at this point.

the only way they get caught is if someone local to them puts 2 + 2 together or they left a hard breadcrumb back at the store/in that area (paid for something with a ccard at the Exxon or maybe they checked into a local motel up there while casing the area on a prior trip).

these guys are already willing to risk getting interrupted mid-abduction at a highly public location. White-knuckling a few hours down the interstate back to wherever they came from probably is no big deal and maybe gives them a bit of a thrill.

It's also possible, as someone noted up thread, that this guy's a Ted K/Eric Rudolph type. Lotsa folks who border on that up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. And the rule of thumb up there is folks mind their own business.

Does the big bridge have cameras? I'd think it would and that's a major chokepoint between the lower and upper peninsula--absent a boat.
Yes, I agree. Going north to the wilderness seems like a better stretch. I was just pointing out you could avoid tolls. I feel north is where he went. Not even as far as the U.P. It gets very unpopulated quickly up towards Manistee.

I think anyway..

Yes, I agree. Going north to the wilderness seems like a better stretch. I was just pointing out you could avoid tolls. I feel north is where he went. Not even as far as the U.P. It gets very unpopulated quickly up towards Manistee.

I think anyway..

Yeah, that could well fit. Cluciano, I think it was, noted how in the Holly Bobo case out of TN it's thought that the abductor made a brief pit stop not from from the abduction site and then likely continued on to an interstate highway and to where? who knows.

The van racing down a surface side street post abduction in this case might've been headed toward a pre-picked spot to stop and better secure his hostage etc. And then either proceed further North to a remote cabin or double back South or East...impossible to know.

But I don't think the van taking the route it did away from the Exxon means the perp is local. More likely it means the perp had a plan and maybe was going to stop and secure his hostage better and monitor scanner traffic to see if anyone was looking for his vehicle.

There must be a reason they're not conducting active ground searches everyday.

I remember a case a winter or two ago, New Years Eve, I believe. A woman was driving the few miles home, hit a tree and got out of her car to try to walk home. It was minus degrees below zero. They began searching the next day and it still took several days for them to find her laying out in a farm field not too far from where she had wrecked. Weird. At least they were looking though.

If that was the couple in the midwest, it took longer than that to find her and she was in a red dress. Very strange indeed. It may have been months, even, if I remember correctly. There was a lot of snow.

Muskegon. That's north, correct? The focus is moving south. I wonder why?

Probably due to the multiple previous reports of gas station attendants seeing a creeper in a grey/silver van sitting and watching them? those were initially reported to be out of Grand Haven and Spring Lake, due South of Norton Shores in Ottawa County.

P5040542.jpg

Showing love in Roosevelt Park tonight. Wherever Jessica is, I hope she can feel it. And I hope it gives her family some comfort.

If that was the couple in the midwest, it took longer than that to find her and she was in a red dress. Very strange indeed. It may have been months, even, if I remember correctly. There was a lot of snow.

Yes, that's the one I'm thinking of. It was such a mystery as to where she could have disappeared to. Yet she had been laying in plain sight all along. Snow and wide open spaces hindered spotting her I guess. They had a helicopter up too. I believe that's how they finally spotted her - like the last minute of the day or something. Sorry, off topic, but it goes to show how difficult it is to find someone even when they're looking hard. Often times it's by accident when people are found.

FOX 17 ran into cops checking sex offenders in #jessicaheeringa investigation.
http://fox17online.com/2013/05/04/8-days-since-jessica-heeringa-went-missing/#axzz2SNJfMyBY

We have detectives as you know working on the video surveillance side of things, detectives working on cell phone data and the sex offender list, we’re going multiple directions at one time to try to cover a lot of ground” said Shaw.
Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/05/04/8-days-since-jessica-heeringa-went-missing/#ixzz2SOOpkzVG

I wonder whose cell phone data they are checking.

I don't think he went to either, but he could well have, who knows...just noting that according to google maps,

From the Exxon at
1196 E Sternberg Rd, Norton Shores, MI 49444

"Detroit, MI" is 192 miles away
"Chicago, IL" is 179 miles away.

Fort Wayne, IN is about 200 miles
Indy itself just under 300 miles
Dayton, OH, about 5 hours drive.

Course, there's Grand Rapids, Lansing, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo etc, etc much closer in Michigan itself.
"if" he went to a city, it would really tell alot about where he is from. "if" he is from MI. You tend to go where your comfort zone is. Correct? It may seem odd to go from the NW side to Ohio say..but if he is from the SE part of the state it may be his comfort zone i.e. where he takes short family trips..but I am making assumptions because I honestly have no idea.

I really am just bouncing ideas, and hope somewhere we find the pattern. You guys are all so smart, that I feel someone will see something I cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Never Ending