MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another subject- I drove past the Neugent sand company- which was in the direction the van was heading. The entrance is a wide dirt lane and the entire way up the road they have private property signs all over....

My gut says to search there vs. wooded areas or dunes, because this access road allows the van to travel without being seen, and without needing to risk parking and leaving a vehicle.

Honestly, I think it is just that April is just spring.
That's when it warms up.

There are more people out and about...
More people doing their hobbies (hunting, fishing, hiking....)

Why would predators be any different?
Maybe they don't like the cold either...

Good point regarding spring brings weather that is conducive to activity... After the cold winter...

O/T... But that could also help explain all the bombings/mass killings that occur in April...

for example... Boston Bombing, etc....

JMO

I personally do not see a link between the "blonds" that have gone missing over the past few years. Most have circumstances that point to a possible POI or situation that seems to be associated with their disappearance, i.e Kelli, Paige, Kortne especially. Katelyn Markham was in there too, but I will be shocked if someone close to her is not her killer. Holly's case is the most unusual to me, since she was taken from her yard on a weekday morning, in a remote area. I think the perp must have known or at least stalked her. I know a certain PI has been touting the "missing blonds" theory for a while, but it doesn't work for me. JMO

Good point regarding spring brings weather that is conducive to activity... After the cold winter...

O/T... But that could also help explain all the bombings/mass killings that occur in April...

for example... Boston Bombing, etc....

JMO

And Oklahoma City bombings, and Columbine...

Interesting, but you can manipulate almost anything to fit a theory if you want.. If he wants to be taken seriously he would have to look at all murders/disappearances of all girls fitting that description nationwide, as well as all of those in that area regardless of description.

Who knows, there could be a pattern - someone migrating for summer work, returning northwards after a southern winter, anything.. but unless he widens his view...

Agreed...

for a more thorough investigation... Baselines must be examined...by which to make comparisons...

for instance... Characteristics of all people abducted....

categorized male/female... Hair color...age... Etc.

then categorize by each month of the whole year...

It goes on...

Hope this makes sense...

JMO

Daniel Shaw ‏@NSPDChiefShaw 6m
#jessicaheeringa Morning briefing just concluded with 25 investigators from six agencies. No major developments overnight.

I do not know if these cases are related or not...

but it IS kind of mind boggling to me...

all girls with similar characteristics....

and all girls go missing in April....

:dunno:

JMO

But then again, how many men, women and children go missing the other 11 months out of the year? And why do child abductions seem to skyrocket in the summer months, one after another? Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason, except to say that people are doing evil deeds 12 months out of the year.

I wonder what the significance of April would be if true. Is that when he gets his annual vacation time off I wonder?

I sincerely think this could be one twisted pr*** who is hunting females instead of animals.

JMO

Case after case unfold here at WS. And in ALOT of cases cell phone pings are brought up and examined. Have we ever seen a situation here,where a cell ping lead us to our missing person? Im not being snarky...I promise. Im seriously curious.
I remember spending hours and hours going over the cell phone info in the Mackenzie Cowell case.....but nothing. It just seems so plausible and "easy",but it never leads to whom we are searching for.
IDK...pardon the interuption. You guys are doing great :)

What about the ballerina who went missing around Thanksgiving a couple of years ago? Jeni Lyn Watson. Cell activity led to her remains being found.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jenni-lyn-watson-search-boyfriend-charged-murder/story?id=12255672

Also, Kelsey Smith:

Murder of Kelsey Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It does work!!!! Often though, too late. We need laws allowing the release of information immediately upon request by LE. Sadly, killers do their deeds rather quickly. But at the very least, families can bring their loved ones home rather than suffering for months and years wondering where they are, so much of the time the bodies are left not far from where they went missing. :(

this case is just another one that confirms my wishes that a gps was in each and every single vehicle (but info could only be accessed when police are looking for a perp, especially in a case like this!). i think it would cut down on crime... and i wouldn't have a problem having one on my car because i have nothing to hide!

im so frustrated and sad because of this case. i hope we find some sort of conclusion soon.

I can understand both sides to this- I feel it is very odd that all these petite young pretty blondes have gone missing all in April.

I think the time frame between abductions does not fit, unless you remove Heather or Kelli from the time frame, I couldn't see an abduction on a Monday then another on a Saturday of the same week, by the same person. I can understand thinking that the violence and abductions could escalade over time but escalate then drop off to another fairly consistent pattern?

What about looks? I know previous posts have referenced looks but besides body type and blonde they stop there. All the girls faces seem significantly different, plus they range from age 17 to 25. Does this matter? Does anyone think body type and hair color is significant enough to classify they all together?
I know others have referred to the Holly Bobo case which I have read up on a little, however has anyone followed all these cases? Are their any other significant similarities?

I would be willing to bet that most of these girls were victims of someone they knew, not a serial killer.

also - i had a similar thought the other night (but forgot to post it when i woke up the next morning) as someone recently posted upthread... i hope LE has reviewed the video to see if the van was seen around 9ish heading the same direction (after the man left the gas station when the other man overheard the conversation with Jessica)... and then again BEFORE 11 headed the opposite direction, towards the gas station. it would be really interesting to know!

i still believe the silver van is the one we need to focus on, we're what, 10 days?? into this and not a single single van owner or driver from that night has come forward about being there. i dunno if we should be putting all of our eggs into one basket of it being a Town & Country... but a silver van? absolutely. not like that cuts it down AT ALL... but nonetheless, i believe it needs to continue to be the focus (aside from Jessica, that is).

This case is driving me crazy. I am at work and can't concentrate, trying to think of anything we might have overlooked.

Is it possible to make some kind of interactive list on Websleuths, where we can work together to list things that are know as fact, things that are suspected by LE but not known, and then a column or separate list for theories we have developed? Maybe a tab for media links as well. There are so many posts, media links, RSO links, etc that it is getting confusing and difficult to remember details.
TIA.

This case is driving me crazy. I am at work and can't concentrate, trying to think of anything we might have overlooked.

Is it possible to make some kind of interactive list on Websleuths, where we can work together to list things that are know as fact, things that are suspected by LE but not known, and then a column or separate list for theories we have developed? Maybe a tab for media links as well. There are so many posts, media links, RSO links, etc that it is getting confusing and difficult to remember details.
TIA.

Moderator imamaze has been doing this for the Jessica Heeringa case:

MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 *Media, Map Links Only* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

i'm gonna contact the airport car rental agencies and ask them to look through their systems and contact the police if anything is amiss-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6