Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM STUNNED. Watching JVM--is anyone else watching this--and there is a female attorney that said she believes that Inmate Arias is going to get up tomorrow and ask for the death penalty. What makes this so troubling is that they reported DB was in Phoenix today and he told JVM that the defense did not call him.

You know, someone responded to me earlier in which they stated all of this today was staged (may be the post of the trial)--when I mentioned that KN's actions came across as a fit of temper.

If they staged all this chaos and BS, they should be disbarred. My god, have we come to a point in this country where the victims of crime can be repeated victimized without a thought by defense attorneys and their CRIMIMAL clients. :sick:

I don't know whether someone was joking but it was posted that Sheriff Joe was letting her say goodbye to all her inmate friends because it is expected this will be her last night there. Don't know how true it is.

I gotta think it's a joke.....I can't imagine Sheriff Joe doing that....JMO of course

BBM
No official info has been given to why Darryl isn't going to testify, but IMO it almost seemed like KN, when denied his motions this morning, decided to just pull the plug on any witness. I hate to say this but it really came across as almost a fit of temper.

Yes! It was like, "ok, fine, you don't wanna play my way? I'm taking my toys and going home."

As my grandma would say, he pitched a hissy fit.

Some were asking of screen cap of the sister's shirt. I don't think you could see it in court, but I saw this. https://twitter.com/debnsb/status/336562581772832768

BKu14ovCEAQnjiN.jpg:large

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 2m

It was explained to me #jodiarias family can't testify as they've been seated in the courtroom during trial. Per Victim Advocate.

ETA - but if that is true, how could Patti have been able to testify? I think the CM's family were too afraid about cross from JM and possibly jury questions

:nono: Sorry, but that information is not accurate.
They could testify during the mitigation phase.

I tend to agree, but since JSS said they could have done statements out of view of the media that the real issue is deeper, perhaps they were moved to the point of empathy for the real victim. If so good for them.

JVM said she and a producer saw DB, he is staying at the same hotel they are. He was ready and willing to testify, but was not called by the d/t.

Nurmi seemed to be baiting JSS to find him in contempt today, or at least threaten to. Instead, she remained her temperate, long-suffering self. I guess they didn't call DB because having the guy she dumped within one week of meeting Travis testifying as her only "friend" would be worse than having no friends at all appear.

I AM STUNNED. Watching JVM--is anyone else watching this--and there is a female attorney that said she believes that Inmate Arias is going to get up tomorrow and ask for the death penalty. What makes this so troubling is that they reported DB was in Phoenix today and he told JVM that the defense did not call him.

You know, someone responded to me earlier in which they stated all of this today was staged (may be the post of the trial)--when I mentioned that KN's actions came across as a fit of temper.

If they staged all this chaos and BS, they should be disbarred. My god, have we come to a point in this country where the victims of crime can be repeated victimized without a thought by defense attorneys and their CRIMIMAL clients. :sick:

Now stand back while attorneys and relatives of attorneys tell you they are only doing their job and this is the system working!:blushing:

I don't know if this has been posted yet.

Character witness for Jodi Arias pulls out, citing threats and inner turmoil

The potential witness, Patricia Womack, is a childhood friend of Arias who planned to testify about Arias’ abusive childhood. Besides the threats, she said that her heart went out to the family of Travis Alexander, whom Arias was convicted of killing.

“I couldn’t do it,” she told NBC News in an email. “I feel there is so much good in Jodi to be saved but then also someone’s dear life was taken.”

That quote doesn't have anything about threats in it.

IMO interesting the parallels in this process. Look at the influence the inmate is having on her DT; look at how these parallel influences effect the court process: lack of respect, tantrum throwing, blaming the prosecutor, blaming the judge, calling for a mistrial, calling for a Stay, asking to withdraw from the case, etc. Look at the behavour of the DT: is it parallelling the behaviour of their client? Poor boundaries can infiltrate others around a BPD until someone realises and sets firm boundaries. The prosecutor set some firm boundaries today which were needed to bring it all back to reality IMO. The judge set a clear boundary with regard to options available for DT witnesses in the mitigation phase and also for the continuance of the Trial. These were positive factors in today's court process. Well done JSS today. Let's get on with it.

Wow this wine throb lady on Hln is off the hook with snarks for martinez.

She never changes. She would make excuses for the most degraded murderer.
She makes herself look totally ridiculous.

I wonder how it feels to have no friends....

She did have one very good friend. One who excepted her as she was until she pushed too far. One who would have stood up for her & even thought of good kind things to say about her.
She decided to kill that loyal friend!

JVM said she and a producer saw DB, he is staying at the same hotel they are. He was ready and willing to testify, but was not called by the d/t.

I wonder if this is KILLERS attempt to gain sympathy with DB not taking the stand. I really think this is Killers way to get all the attention in the final way infront of this jury. You Know the jury must be mad and exhausted from this and they know Juan is ALWAYS PREPARED!!!

Imagine that - you are on trial for YOUR LIFE and you have no one, NO ONE, to speak on your behalf. That's pretty sad.

I don't think that's the case. The more I think about the more I think there are people begging her to let them speak and she is saying no. I also think that they've already gathered a strategy for mental issues. With her being suicidal, migraines, borderline issues. I think they are going to day that she was a detriment to her own case and appeal.

I think that her mother, sister would get up for her. Daryl was definitely willing.

So DB was there today as per HLN producer and wasn't called at the last minute...wow, that just proves the temper tantrum Nurmi pulled.

Yes!
IF...
I believed in the goodness of the defendant and
I felt my testimony would help save the life of someone I loved.

I think they cannot find anyone willing to say in court that they believe JA is a good person and should be saved. (except most likely her family which apparently JA said she didn't want to testify). Although it is truly sad to think that she has not ONE person willing to testify for her,
I do NOT feel sorry for her. Every day we make choices in our lives.
Her choices have led her to this courtroom and to the position she is in with no one to testify for her. If she wanted a different life, she should have made different choices - in her relationships with others, how she carried herself through life, and of course, on June 4 2008.
We ALL face multiple choices every day. Those choices provide the basis for who we are and how we move through this world.
As I have always told my children: Make your choices carefully. Every choice has a consequence - good or bad. You make the choice, you earn the consequence - good or bad.

Jodi would absolutely want her family to testify on her behalf simply because it looks terrible to the jury that they're all in court yet notwilling to testify for her and because she has not one single other soul who will testify for her. Jodi's problem is that during the trial she threw every one of her family members under the bus with ugly aligations against them that each of them would be cross examined about and would either have to tell the truth that jodi lied and made up ugly things about her family members that she testified to (which hardly shows her in a good light and actually shows her in such a bad light that it would be more of a reason to give her the death penalty), or they would have to purger themselves in court.

The simple fact is that because Jodi chose to lie about her family members in court by making up terrible accusations against them that not a one of them CAN testify on her behalf whether they or Jodi would want to. The only people the defense was able to scrape up to testify for her were two people that bailed out when they found out they would be cross examined and anything unsavory about them would be brought out. I think the fact that they actually went to court ready to testify and suddenly bailed out shows that the defense didn't warn them about cross examination or they would have refused to testify when asked, and the defense would be stuck with no one to testify for Jodi that they could claim had ever existed.

I also find it surprising that not a word was said by the defense as to why DB wasn't testifying either since in Nurmi's closing he said there would be two people testifying on her behalf. He made up an excuse for PW but said nothing about DB, and the jury has to be wondering why he isn't testifying either.

At THIS point Jodi would give her eye teeth for ANYONE to testify on her behalf, and both her and the defense team should have thought about that before they allowed her to throw every person in her family under the bus during trial particularly since it wasn't necessary.

Nurmi seemed to be baiting JSS to find him in contempt today, or at least threaten to. Instead, she remained her temperate, long-suffering self. I guess they didn't call DB because having the guy she dumped within one week of meeting Travis testifying as her only "friend" would be worse than having no friends at all appear.

Speaking of the temperate judge, did you notice she was shorter with the jury when she dismissed them today? Usually she thanks them for their patience before she dismisses them. Today was short and sweet, I think she was pizzzzed.

IMO interesting the parallels in this process. Look at the influence the inmate is having on her DT; look at how these parallel influences effect the court process: lack of respect, tantrum throwing, blaming the prosecutor, blaming the judge, calling for a mistrial, calling for a Stay, asking to withdraw from the case, etc. Look at the behavour of the DT: is it parallelling the behaviour of their client? Poor boundaries can infiltrate others around a BPD until someone realises and sets firm boundaries. The prosecutor set some firm boundaries today which were needed to bring it all back to reality IMO. The judge set a clear boundary with regard to options available for DT witnesses in the mitigation phase and also for the continuance of the Trial. These were positive factors in today's court process. Well done JSS today. Let's get on with it.

Bravo! Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member