CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Mark is the last person to see Dylan but more importantly, Mark and Dylan were riding alone in Mark’s truck the last time Dylan used his cell phone. Dylan was holding his cell phone in his hands and he was seated next to his father. Dylan’s cell phone was working at 8 pm and the reason Dylan stopped using his cell phone remains confidential.

Mark and Elaine are divorced and Mark lost custody of Dylan 2 months prior to his court-ordered visit in November. After Dylan moved to CS with Mark's ex-wife Elaine and their eldest son Cory, Mark lost touch with Dylan and it was a court-ordered visit that brought them together after a 3-month hiatus. At 8:01 pm Sunday evening, Mark was seated next to Dylan in his truck while Dylan was making plans to leave him and spend time with his friends. That's the last time Dylan used his cell phone and it wasn't found in Mark's truck or house.

How far was Dylan sitting from Mark in the truck?
Where would Mark make contact with Dylan’s body if he extended his right arm?
Was Dylan restrained in a seatbelt at 8:01 pm?
Were Dylan and Mark in Mark’s truck when Dylan texted his mother and Ryan after he arrived?

If Dylan was seriously or fatally injured when he was texting at 8 pm, what was done to prove Dylan was alive and when was it done?

MOO

JMO but the shady character DR met up with was his father. What happened after that is the mystery. Is DR being held by someone who planned the abduction or is DR no longer with us because someone wanted to punish another? JMO

I disagree. I think it is PATHETIC that he blames LE for not issuing an Amber ALert, when he himself came home and took a nap, before looking for his son.

LE made the MISTAKE of listening to Mark and taking HIS LEAD in looking for Dylan. Why put out an Amber Alert when Dad says the fishing pole is missing and Dylan is lost by the lake?

Mark is the one that orchestrated the SEARCH for Dylan in the lake area. And now he faults them for not issuing an Amber Alert, when he himself said he never even considered abduction for the first few days.

And that whole rambling monologue on the radio, about the search warrants was nonsensical. The kidnapping described in the search warrants had nothing to do with the criteria for an Amber Alert, and he knows that

That's a good question. But what does it mean? Keeping his story right because he wants the truth and only the truth to be known? That sounds reasonable to me.

But the TUTH is not a STORY! Its not hard remembering something that actually happened but almost impossible to remember something you made up...things made up tend to change a lot each time you tell it...This is all just my very own opinion!

As far as Dylan's phone use goes, we have heard from EH that Dylan was an avid texter. He had been texting his friends all day, and he had been making plans for the next day. It doesn't seem logical to me that he would suddenly decide he wasn't in the mood to text when he had plans, and had missed his ride to get to a place he was so anxious to get to the day before. In the midst of planning something you want to do would seem to me a very strange time to just decide you didn't feel like texting.

If both devices were dead, he would not have needed to wait for them to charge up before using them. You plug them in, and you can use it while it is plugged in, without waiting for the battery to charge. He easily could have contacted his friends while he was having breakfast, unplugged the phone or iPod, and then tossed it into his bag to fully charge later if that were the case.

I just cannot find any logical reason that Dylan would have set off without contacting someone. According to Mark, Dylan took the time to eat a bowl of cereal and turn on the tv, so obviously he wasn't in any rush. And I can't see any 13 year old boy taking off to walk almost 20 miles, and certainly not without attempting to call or text to try and get a ride first. Especially when his dad would be home within a few hours and had told him that he would take him then.

JMO, as always.

And why not answer his fathers calls?

Yes Mark is the last person to see Dylan but more importantly, Mark and Dylan were riding alone in Mark’s truck the last time Dylan used his cell phone. Dylan was holding his cell phone in his hands and he was seated next to his father. Dylan’s cell phone was working at 8 pm and the reason Dylan stopped using his cell phone remains confidential.

Mark and Elaine are divorced and Mark lost custody of Dylan 2 months prior to his court-ordered visit in November. After Dylan moved to CS with Mark's ex-wife Elaine and their eldest son Cory, Mark lost touch with Dylan and it was a court-ordered visit that brought them together after a 3-month hiatus. At 8:01 pm Sunday evening, Mark was seated next to Dylan in his truck while Dylan was making plans to leave him and spend time with his friends. That's the last time Dylan used his cell phone and it wasn't found in Mark's truck or house.

How far was Dylan sitting from Mark in the truck?
Where would Mark make contact with Dylan’s body if he extended his right arm?
Was Dylan restrained in a seatbelt at 8:01 pm?
Were Dylan and Mark in Mark’s truck when Dylan texted his mother and Ryan after he arrived?

If Dylan was seriously or fatally injured when he was texting at 8 pm, what was done to prove Dylan was alive and when was it done?

MOO

You need links for some of your assertions here, please.

Where has it been reported that the last time Dylan used his cell phone, he was in the truck? Is that just a deduction from the facts, as we know them? If so, please state it as your opinion. I see your MOO at the end of your statement, but you need to be a little more clear that the assertions are your opinion, or you need to link them because it reads as if you are stating fact.

Where has it been reported that MR lost touch with Dylan after they moved to CS? MR said he continued to text Dylan. I don't remember ever seeing anything from ER that said there was no communication. Do you have a link for that?

As for the discussion regarding activity in the truck - that is fine and certainly a good starting point for looking for Dylan.

Salem

MR saying he spoke to T and then it changing to nobody was home , that is not a small omission . It is a complete 180 and nobody can be that confused when telling the truth!!!

:cow:

As far as Dylan's phone use goes, we have heard from EH that Dylan was an avid texter. He had been texting his friends all day, and he had been making plans for the next day. It doesn't seem logical to me that he would suddenly decide he wasn't in the mood to text when he had plans, and had missed his ride to get to a place he was so anxious to get to the day before. In the midst of planning something you want to do would seem to me a very strange time to just decide you didn't feel like texting.

If both devices were dead, he would not have needed to wait for them to charge up before using them. You plug them in, and you can use it while it is plugged in, without waiting for the battery to charge. He easily could have contacted his friends while he was having breakfast, unplugged the phone or iPod, and then tossed it into his bag to fully charge later if that were the case.

I just cannot find any logical reason that Dylan would have set off without contacting someone. According to Mark, Dylan took the time to eat a bowl of cereal and turn on the tv, so obviously he wasn't in any rush. And I can't see any 13 year old boy taking off to walk almost 20 miles, and certainly not without attempting to call or text to try and get a ride first. Especially when his dad would be home within a few hours and had told him that he would take him then.

JMO, as always.

BBM. I see this differently. I kind of told people a little how I am, I like to see the tangible proof. What I have seen is that Dylan was texting from about 7 PM to roughly 930 PM. That is only two and a half hours. I can also explain his "avid" texting in that time period to making plans, but what about when he was not. There have been times when I have thought my kid was texting when really she was playing a game, so it's more or less, someone made a statement, now I want to see the accuracy of it. Just as I did with the vacuum cleaner salesman when he told me the parts wouldn't break when they were run over with a car. I wanted to see if what he was telling me was true.

As many have pointed out, it is important to keep our minds open to all possibilities. That said, I am having a hard time processing the RSO theory through my probability and logic filter. The fact the boy vanished almost immediately after he arrived suggests premeditation to me.
This appears to be a crime of revenge, of which I believe will unravel and be revealed.
How I pray I am wrong.

JMO but the shady character DR met up with was his father. What happened after that is the mystery. Is DR being held by someone who planned the abduction or is DR no longer with us because someone wanted to punish another? JMO

respectfully snipped
JMO, as always.

I am inserting all these quotes respectfully into this post because they mention logic and possibility. That being said, I am also inserting MR's quote transcribed from Tricia's June 2 radio interview about possibilities.

Tricia: You said something in a newspaper, and I don't have the exact quote, but you said something like you didn't feel Dylan was in LaPlata County, Did you say that?

Mark: Yah, yah I say that now.

Tricia: Why do you say that?

Mark: I just don't believe, Its a gut feeling. you know Elaine was talking earlier about having mothers intuition or a gut feeling or whatever. Well you know what, I don't think its uncommon for fathers to have that same kind of tuition. And and it's just a feeling that I have, because let's be honest here, only one of two, there's only several possibilities here, Dylan walked out that door, he either walked out that door knowingly got into a vehicle with somebody that he knew, or he headed out to a destination and never made it. I mean what are the other possibilities?

BBM. I see this differently. I kind of told people a little how I am, I like to see the tangible proof. What I have seen is that Dylan was texting from about 7 PM to roughly 930 PM. That is only two and a half hours. I can also explain his "avid" texting in that time period to making plans, but what about when he was not. There have been times when I have thought my kid was texting when really she was playing a game, so it's more or less, someone made a statement, now I want to see the accuracy of it. Just as I did with the vacuum cleaner salesman when he told me the parts wouldn't break when they were run over with a car. I wanted to see if what he was telling me was true.

That is incorrect i am afraid

He began texting one of his closest friends, Ryan Nava, the Sunday he flew to Durango.

Starting about noon Sunday, the two carried on a constant stream of banter. The back and forth continued as the boys made plans to hang out as soon as possible.

Here is the link to back up what i am saying :)

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

ETA - Another quote which is important IMO
R said he would have expected Dylan to text him Monday morning if he overslept or at least to say when he was headed down to Bayfield.

You need links for some of your assertions here, please.

Where has it been reported that the last time Dylan used his cell phone, he was in the truck? Is that just a deduction from the facts, as we know them? If so, please state it as your opinion. I see your MOO at the end of your statement, but you need to be a little more clear that the assertions are your opinion, or you need to link them because it reads as if you are stating fact.

Where has it been reported that MR lost touch with Dylan after they moved to CS? MR said he continued to text Dylan. I don't remember ever seeing anything from ER that said there was no communication. Do you have a link for that?

As for the discussion regarding activity in the truck - that is fine and certainly a good starting point for looking for Dylan.

Salem

If they were at McDonald's at 7:22, every reasonable assumption would not have them home by 8:01, hence the text from the truck.

I believe Elaine talked about how Dylan and Mark had not spoken in between September and November. Most likely from a January tv interview- still hunting for the link.

I thought Bluesky's post summed up things nicely and am surprised at the general request for links. Nothing in it surprised me and I've been reading here from the get-go.

That is wrong i am afraid

Here is the link to back up what i am saying :)

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

ETA - Another quote which is important IMO

Ok, so I see that the texting started earlier, but I also said I could see where the avid texting to his friends came in that day while making plans with his friends for when he got into town, IE special occasion and "need" for more communication. However, what I have heard is two conflicting stories in regards to Dylan being a "morning" person. ER gave us an image of bright eyed and bushy tailed, whereas MR gave us an image of a kid that was sluggish to get moving and shaking. So now, was he more avid texting in morning hours or was it later after he woke up and got moving? To me there are still many more questions about "who was Dylan?" What was he like? In my mind one day does not paint a clear enough picture for me to be sure of what he would do in the morning hours.

Ok, so I see that the texting started earlier, but I also said I could see where the avid texting to his friends came in that day while making plans with his friends for when he got into town, IE special occasion and "need" for more communication. However, what I have heard is two conflicting stories in regards to Dylan being a "morning" person. ER gave us an image of bright eyed and bushy tailed, whereas MR gave us an image of a kid that was sluggish to get moving and shaking. So now, was he more avid texting in morning hours or was it later after he woke up and got moving? To me there are still many more questions about "who was Dylan?" What was he like? In my mind one day does not paint a clear enough picture for me to be sure of what he would do in the morning hours.

Well R has stated that even if Dylan did sleep in he would of expected a text to explain or to say when he was heading to meet them.

And i tend to listen to Elaine more as i feel she has no hidden agenda when it comes to her son being missing . This is just my take on the situation and everybody is different :D

In terms of the texting, is it true, that Dylan texted up until 8 pm-ish, on his cell, and then there was a text at 9:37 from his i-pod?

It seems as if he used his cell on the way home in the truck, and then used his i-pod when he was in the cabin. I wonder why.

In terms of the texting, is it true, that Dylan texted up until 8 pm-ish, on his cell, and then there was a text at 9:37 from his i-pod?

It seems as if he used his cell on the way home in the truck, and then used his i-pod when he was in the cabin. I wonder why.

Probably because of poor cell coverage at Mark's house. MOO.

Well R has stated that even if Dylan did sleep in he would of expected a text to explain or to say when he was heading to meet them.

And i tend to listen to Elaine more as i feel she has no hidden agenda when it comes to her son being missing . This is just my take on the situation and everybody is different :D

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/654945754532031

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/‘He-would-have-called’--

This is where I have issues. Conflicting statements, though I don't know why. This is why I feel I can't rely on statements from either MR and ER alone and I would like to see them more independently backed up, preferably with something a bit more tangible and irrefutable.

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/654945754532031

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/‘He-would-have-called’--

This is where I have issues. Conflicting statements, though I don't know why. This is why I feel I can't rely on statements from either MR and ER alone and I would like to see them more independently backed up, preferably with something a bit more tangible and irrefutable.

Do you mean the camping comment? , i always assumed it was about Dylan would not go off alone and do these things which is what MR has implied :cow:

I think i behave differently when i am alone to what i do when i am in a group of people

Probably because of poor cell coverage at Mark's house. MOO.

Yes, and with such poor cell coverage at MRs house, it stands to reason-at least in my mind- that an almost 14 year old boy would have known how to call friends and especially his own father's cell number from a landline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000