George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC it was that he wrote with his left hand, but did everything else with his right. At least that's what I thought I heard. I could be mistaken though......

It's probably me. It was hours ago so I probably mixed it up. Oops. Sorry. Not done intentional.

I found it very interesting that the defense attorney tried to point out that Zimmerman is ONLY right handed when he writes and does everything else with his left hand. He said this in opening. However, when you look at the video of Zimmerman, he clearly uses his right hand to do the shooting of a gun motion.

It would be interesting, if the state can prove that Zimmerman is right handed all the time.

JMO

I'm a lefty, and I only eat and write with my left hand. I shoot and hit with my right.

IMO his defense was all over the place today. I don't think it really makes a difference as it was only GZ that used his gun. Am I missing something that would make a difference?

Thank you polley pockets and angelwings! I read TM autopsy report. It indicated the weapon was a 9mm and the bullet fragmented. There was a 2x2 area of stippling. Death was a certainty. The ME indicated homicide as COD. Has the defense asked for the autopsy COD to be redacted? Would this have a prejudicial affect on the jury?

I'm a lefty, and I only eat and write with my left hand. I shoot and hit with my right.

IMO his defense was all over the place today. I don't think it really makes a difference as it was only GZ that used his gun. Am I missing something that would make a difference?

You're one spunky lady Tenaciousdae. ;) The only thing I shoot off is my mouth. Drives my husband nuts :p

Does anyone know how many actual break in's had occurred in the area. I know there was one in February, but LE solved that one pretty quickly.

If charged and found guilty of manslaughter, what kind of sentencing might we expect in FL?

:seeya:

this is for florida for manslaughter

Penalties for Manslaughter

The crime of Manslaughter is classified as a Second Degree Felony and is assigned a Level 7 offense severity ranking under Florida's Criminal Punishment Code.

If convicted of Manslaughter, a judge is required to impose a minimum prison sentence of 9¼ years in prison and can impose any additional combination of the following penalties:

Up to 15 years in prison.
Up to 15 years of probation.
Up to $10,000 in fines.
http://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/homicide/manslaughter.html

Does anyone know how many actual break in's had occurred in the area. I know there was one in February, but LE solved that one pretty quickly.

i have heard 1 to 8 -depending on where u read, i have only heard 1 from the police myself and ppl who post and go on tv saying as much as 8

Thank you polley pockets and angelwings! I read TM autopsy report. It indicated the weapon was a 9mm and the bullet fragmented. There was a 2x2 area of stippling. Death was a certainty. The ME indicated homicide as COD. Has the defense asked for the autopsy COD to be redacted? Would this have a prejudicial affect on the jury?

Homicide just means that he was killed by someone. It's not the same as murder. Just like calling Travyon the victim. He's a victim of homicide, but not necessarily of murder. I know you followed the Arias trial, too. Same issue there with the defense trying to prevent the state from referring to Alexander as the "victim." They lost and that's why, imo. I don't know if the defense would try to exclude it. More likely they'll just explain the difference. jmo

You're one spunky lady Tenaciousdae. ;) The only thing I shoot off is my mouth. Drives my husband nuts :p

:floorlaugh:
Lol for the record I only shoot at the firing range...as for hitting well you'd have to ask my brothers who won the battles over who used the phone!

I'm a right handed dominant for most everything, EXCEPT for shooting. I certainly wouldn't consider myself being ambidextrous and not so sure I'd consider GZ as being one either...

I have to go back and look at last years threads. There was stuff mentioned about where his holster was located, versus the hand he would have used. I'll look tomorrow at old posts. Need to catch back up. Or, maybe I shouldn't follow this one again. My rear-end is finally back in shape after the Arias trial. :facepalm:

i have heard 1 to 8 -depending on where u read, i have only heard 1 from the police myself and ppl who post and go on tv saying as much as 8

There were several, but most were unsolved. If you go back and read some of the pre-trial threads that were locked, you can find links to the call logs. The one in particular that stands out in my mind was the young mother who hid in the closet or bathroom with her baby while two criminals robbed her house. George helped her and she and her husband gave an interview about his character. I believe they moved from the neighborhood.

I am definitely still trying to process this case, and need to hear more evidence and testimony.

I do feel it is possible GZ instigated the reaction of TM to confront him. I know if my husband felt someone was following him around, he would say what the hell are you following me for, and if the guy got closer he would punch him out of concern for his own safety, not knowing anything about this person watching him.

Not to say that my husband had the right reaction, but I also know that if the guy pulled out a gun and shot my husband, I would be upset, and wonder what 'warranted' the use of a firearm. There needs to be some accountability when you choose to shoot a gun, and self-defense needs to be very clear that there was no other way to handle the situation.

I am still determining for myself if this 'fight/scuffle' warranted shooting TM. GZ also had the advantage of knowing the police were on their way. I need to hear more testimony; he may have truly believed he was in deadly danger...we'll see.

I feel that GZ was on 'high alert' because of the recent break-ins, and that may have caused him to assume TM was most likely 'one of them'; maybe understandably, but it seems his judgement may have been skewed by recent events, which possibly caused GZ to see TM actions as more 'suspicious' than he might have under 'normal' circumstances.

I wish GZ would have just gone to target/stayed in the car, and I wish TM would have just gone straight back to the apartment!! uuuuugghhhh; so sad when cases like this should not have to occur :(

Just my thoughts

Thank you for saying this so well. It just sounds like a perfect storm with such a sad outcome. One of the things that has bothered me about this case is the suggestion or speculation of profiling. Hoodies=bad person. Did the hoodie have anything to do with this?

Randomly, I would say yes as my then 21 year old son was profiled by a young cop. My son was driving MY Mercedes and I was in the passenger seat. As I am short, the cop failed to see me, but pulled my son over for speeding. We had just pulled out of a parking lot onto the highway and my car is NOT a Ferrari. The cop sure was shocked to see me, on oxygen, in the front seat. My inner Mama Grizzley was unleashed. Cop tried to deal with my son, and I told him, No, he was dealing with me. Needless to say, I was furious. Poor cop needed a proctologist after I was done. We went on our way after 10 minutes.

ETA: My son had a hoodie on with the hood up and not sitting up straight. Yea, he probably looked like a punk, but he wasn't.

I am definitely still trying to process this case, and need to hear more evidence and testimony.

I do feel it is possible GZ instigated the reaction of TM to confront him. I know if my husband felt someone was following him around, he would say what the hell are you following me for, and if the guy got closer he would punch him out of concern for his own safety, not knowing anything about this person watching him.

Not to say that my husband had the right reaction, but I also know that if the guy pulled out a gun and shot my husband, I would be upset, and wonder what 'warranted' the use of a firearm. There needs to be some accountability when you choose to shoot a gun, and self-defense needs to be very clear that there was no other way to handle the situation.

I am still determining for myself if this 'fight/scuffle' warranted shooting TM. GZ also had the advantage of knowing the police were on their way. I need to hear more testimony; he may have truly believed he was in deadly danger...we'll see.

I feel that GZ was on 'high alert' because of the recent break-ins, and that may have caused him to assume TM was most likely 'one of them'; maybe understandably, but it seems his judgement may have been skewed by recent events, which possibly caused GZ to see TM actions as more 'suspicious' than he might have under 'normal' circumstances.

I wish GZ would have just gone to target/stayed in the car, and I wish TM would have just gone straight back to the apartment!! uuuuugghhhh; so sad when cases like this should not have to occur :(

Just my thoughts

and thats it as you listen to GZ's police interviews the facts kept changing, idk if the last version was the one w/ george on the ground and TM sitting on him and holding GZ w/ both hands and some how TM reached and grab the gun out of his belt and there was a struggle and TM was shot - and that isn't held up at all by the physical evidence - imo

I'm only finding one and LE apprehended the suspects within days. They had stolen a Macbook.

I have to go back and look at last years threads. There was stuff mentioned about where his holster was located, versus the hand he would have used. I'll look tomorrow at old posts. Need to catch back up. Or, maybe I shouldn't follow this one again. My rear-end is finally back in shape after the Arias trial. :facepalm:

The DT said in his opening today that the holster was on his right side.

:seeya:Thank you!

I think GZ also states this in his video interview walking the scene with the investigators. There is a lot of info to go over!

I still can't believe the knock-knock joke! So disrespectful to everyone involved. Also, can't believe the defense allowed the prior calls in without objecting, then tries to object. Not a very good start for the defense. It struck me odd that Zimmerman was falling asleep too. He's on trial for murder and he can't keep his eyes open. Odd.

this is for florida for manslaughter

Penalties for Manslaughter

The crime of Manslaughter is classified as a Second Degree Felony and is assigned a Level 7 offense severity ranking under Florida's Criminal Punishment Code.

If convicted of Manslaughter, a judge is required to impose a minimum prison sentence of 9¼ years in prison and can impose any additional combination of the following penalties:

Up to 15 years in prison.
Up to 15 years of probation.
Up to $10,000 in fines.
http://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/homicide/manslaughter.html

Thanks, PP :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors