Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please give examples of Marks closeness to Dylan. I can't seem to find any.

Everything I read said he saw him 3 -4 times a year before he moved.
After the Labor Day visit, <modsnip>. Which I find absolutely bizarre considering Dylan had his own cell phone.

Do you think it is possible that when MR tried to visit his children that ER may have told him they were not home, etc. each time he called? Do you think it is possible that he went to the home anyway, the car was there, and he called again and said he was in the driveway, and then Dylan was told his Dad was there and came out to go with him? I think those possibilities are feasible.) I also think it is possible that his calls to Dylan may have been blocked.

It may even be feasible that Mark was planning on moving to the area where Dylan moved, at Dylan's request, so that they could spend more time together.

On that we can agree.

However, Elaine says she never feared for Dylan's safety with Mark before he went missing.
She says their divorce issues weren't custody but division of assets. And custody only became an issue due to the move. Then Mark, the great dad who saw Dylan 3-4 times a year wanted full custody and was rather upset he didn't get it. (Huge red flag to me)

She says she wasn't ever concerned he was drinking or beating him. She believed he knew more than he was saying based on her knowledge of her sons behavior and Marks story made no sense in relation to that. She thought Mark was simply hiding him away from her and knew more than he was saying. That coupled with his unwillingness to talk to her early on.

I assume Elaine hasn't liked Mark for a long time before Dylan disappeared. I don't blame her for being pissed at Mark for Dylan disappearing when he had custody of him but that may be why she feels his story doesn't make sense to her. She didn't like him to begin with and he looses Dylan. I'm not surprised that she see's everything that he did is wrong and didn't make sense.

I thought that they didn't communicate with each other except thru their attorney's before Dylan went missing. MOO.

No, she seems to want answers and the truth all along, above anything else and has tried to seek answers to no avail. She IMO has really held back ex. she has never commented about the sex on the lawn thing & who knows what else. I don't see she is out for revenge in anyway for past deeds.

I don't think that Elaine is out for revenge, but I think that she may be wrong in assuming that Mark is guilty. MOO.

Leaving aside any other factors (e.g. the ceasing of all communication from Dylan on Sunday night) I honestly don't know what to make of MR's account of Monday morning and his attempts to wake Dylan. It is the most plausible part of his narrative, IMO.

I agree. This is not an aspect of the story that I have any majors problems believing. I can imagine that even excited at the prospect of seeing his friend, and intending with all his heart the previous night to get up early the next day, come morning it just wasn't going to happen. Yes, RN did manage it, but that doesn't mean that Dylan would.

If that were the case, I do think MR should have made heroic efforts to rouse his son for his own benefit, but I can easily manage him not doing that.

What I can't work out is how the four hours MR was gone (7:30 - 11:30) could encompass those two short errands. The payroll visit wouldn't have taken more than the time for MR to sign his timecard and turn it in. 10-15 minutes is allowing a generous amount of time IMO. And considering how much attorneys charge by the hour, I doubt MR's visit to his attorney lasted more than 15-30 minutes. The custody issue had been settled, the court had made its order and determination of financial matters, what was left to do?

Adding in these times to the time to drive to Durango and back (45 min X2), it seems to me like there's an abundance of missing time in his narrative.

IIRC, he mentioned doing some shopping while he was in Durango. IIRC, he also mentioned texting (I think) Dylan to find out what he wanted. I imagine LE has checked the phone records and they are from an appropriate location. So, this is also not an aspect of MR's narrative that I would have any trouble believing.

JMO but if DR expired from some natural cause, how did he end up on that hillside? Sounds like a Casey Anthony drowning story, to me. JMO

What would a 12 yr old expire from during the night? Does dizziness after a bumpy flight cause some kind of terminal illness? I am trying not to be snarky, but it seems so unlikely that Dylan died from natural causes, and that Mark a concerned father would not take him to an ER in case of illness or unconsciousness. If he did expire during the night, how did he end up on the mountainside ?

I am amazed that one would consider a healthy 12 yr old would die from dizziness...sorry, but it seems very unlikely.

He was dizzy and not feeling wrll because he was given something intentionally to knock him out or kill him?

JMO but if DR expired from some natural cause, how did he end up on that hillside? Sounds like a Casey Anthony drowning story, to me. JMO

If that did happen, then, IMO, MR would have panicked and be the suspect. I don't want to think that about any parent, but it is a theory.

I have also wondered why only a few small bones were found there. If that is the case, what radius would the animals have found the bones in. I seem to know nothing about animal's roaming habits. I didn't ever understand if all these bones had been digested by animals or not.

I have also wondered why only a few small bones were found there. If that is the case, what radius would the animals have found the bones in. I seem to know nothing about animal's roaming habits. I didn't ever understand if all these bones had been digested by animals or not.

If this interests you, you should read the forensics thread. In particular there is a post with a picture of a typical dispersal pattern. Though I doubt the same pattern would apply to a steep mountain slope.

If this interests you, you should read the forensics thread. In particular there is a post with a picture of a typical dispersal pattern. Though I doubt the same pattern would apply to a steep mountain slope.

I will do that. Thank you.

Where is this sweet boy's skull? I cannot understand why that has not been recovered yet.

And that always brings me back to Marks many 'searches' alone in this same area. What if he recovered these vital items of evidence and disposed of them bit by bit?

I think you are spot on. And, I believe that either that backpack or sone earthy remains will eventually be found it that lake. The Mom and the dogs instinct should be trusted. The more I think of this, the more improbable it is that he acted without assistance. LE is so close. If there is a second party, my guess is that they squeel to save their own hide?
All just speculation, nothing more.

(Originally Posted by Money Girl
Another option is that if Dylan knew the person, he would have jumped in the car, backpack and all.)

I could see that if Dylan had also texted his friend that was expecting him first.

Also, remember that the fishing pole is missing. So, presumably this person invited him to go fishing and Dylan took his pole as well as his full backpack. But, in addition, Dylan forgot to text RN to let him know he wouldn't be there for a while (since he was going fishing first), not to mention the fact that he was already quite late and RN had texted him asking where he was. It just doesn't add up for me. I don't see a plausible way to account for the combination of (lack of RN text + missing full backpack + missing fishing pole) without MR involvement. I can see one of those things, and sometimes two, but not all three. MOO.

I remember seeing something about court papers being filed.

THe data in that post is not my position, just opening up possibilities.

I think I posted that my suspects are Redwine, Sutter, or someone Dylan encountered on the road.

Disclaimer: None of "my suspects" have been named as suspects by LE.

Who is Sutter? I apologize, I must have missed a key callout in the thread.
Thank you for your good nature as we all are so passionate about this case. Its so nice to be able to have differing opinions, but still be cyber civil. : )

I won't go into too much detail, since this is more of a Forensics Topic (the explanation can get graphic). Here is the link to the discussion on this topic on the DR Forensics Thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213819&page=8
Bone scattering graph is on this page of the DR Forensics Thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213819&page=6

What I have been reading from the following manual -www.sarti.us/sarti/files/SearchForHumanRemains.pdf, explains that a human limb is usually transported whole by a larger animal (coyote for example), then smaller birds and animals further separate and scatter the bones. If the finger bones were found near a neck vertebrae, then this might indicate that the body was moved after decomposition. How the bones were scattered and how they were found in the proximity to each other, can be a red flag to if the bones were moved from the original site of decomposition. I think that most animals don't eat the bones, but that they get food from what is on them or from what is feeding on them. The manual also discusses some patterns of bone scattering.

Who is Sutter? I apologize, I must have missed a key callout in the thread.
Thank you for your good nature as we all are so passionate about this case. Its so nice to be able to have differing opinions, but still be cyber civil. : )

Sutter is the deputy with the child *advertiser censored*.

If that did happen, then, IMO, MR would have panicked and be the suspect. I don't want to think that about any parent, but it is a theory.

So do you think LE is incompetent for saying that this is a criminal investigation and a homicide?

So do you think LE is incompetent for saying that this is a criminal investigation and a homicide?

Of course not. It has to be a criminal investigation if a child is missing. I certainly understand LE investigating this as a homicide, but I still have to wonder if he had an accident.

Where is this sweet boy's skull? I cannot understand why that has not been recovered yet.

And that always brings me back to Marks many 'searches' alone in this same area. What if he recovered these vital items of evidence and disposed of them bit by bit?

I remember seeing photos of some others who were searching alone on June 1 on Middle Mountain.

This whole thing is convoluted that regardless of my personal opinions, I am basically waiting for LE's next release of data. I'm glad they now have the SAR team searching the mountain without any public members being allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420