George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - GZ's wounds hardly suggest his head was "pounded into the payment". I have never believed it. I think the aggressor is the person who got out of their vehicle, was told not to follow yet did so anyway, and clearly stated they weren't gong to allow these &#^@$$@- to get away. :twocents:

Sounds factual given the out come!! IMO

Yes indeed. I like him as well. Yet I see a large segment of the conmmunity across America is doing their dead level best to villify Tracy Martin as much as they do his youngest now deceased child. IMO

Trayvon was not Tracy's youngest child. He has others and the youngest one is just a baby.

jmo

Oh dear, Mr. West is arguing on behalf of the defense regarding the toxicology reports of TM. Doesn't the defense realize at this juncture that Judge Nelson appears to dislike Mr. West and will not reverse her previous ruling regarding the toxicology report?

so you are suggesting that the judge bases her decision on her feelings towards the particular attys?

Well, all evidence points to him starting the physical fight with GZ imo. I do not see him as a victim in any way imo. Just because someone is dead does not grant them victim status imo.

If I live in a community or visiting a relative in a community, someone starts following me with their vehicle and gets on foot and continues to follow me I am going to find out what their business is? If I don't get a satisfactory answer I might punch him in the nose so he might mind his own business.
If this person thinks I am a thief then call the police and have them interview me. Not some unprofessional hot head walking around with a loaded gun. IMO

I say unprofessional because this permit holder does not even know what stand your ground means.

He is making valid points. As long as the judge makes her decision based on the facts, it will be fine.

I agree, but I seriously doubt that Judge Nelson will rule in favor of the toxicology report, despite case law cited by the defense. IMO, Judge Nelson pays lip service (or ear service) to defense arguments, but then immediately makes her ruling against defense motions (for instance, ruling against the motion for JOA).

I'll be surprised if she rules in favor of the toxicology reports. IMO, they should be allowed.

Did the parents not also 'make money' off of their son's death?

Probably more than the dad and friends will make. The friends said the money is being put in an account to be given to GZ.

JMO

To me it's because GZ fans are determined to paint his victim as someone he was not. IMO

Incredibly enough, Zimmerman's father and best friend are making money off of Trayvon's tragic death. IMO

The Osterman's wrote a book together.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...von-martin-george-zimmerman-shellie-zimmerman

GZ's father wrote a book as well.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ather-african-americans-racist_n_3447025.html

IMO

BBM

Respectfully, I can't speak for others, but I would not consider myself a GZ "fan". In my opinion only, I am not rooting for a side, cheering for a side, or even taking a side. All of my opinions are based off of what I have heard in the courtroom.

One could argue that the Martins have also made money, however that is not relevant as we are discussing what occured on February 26, 2012. The actions of friends and family on both sides are totally fine to discuss as a side topic, but should not be considered in relation to the guilt or non-guilt of the defendant.

IMO

The thing is the ME said that The THC would or could have an effect on him.. I think the Jury will be ticked if they don't hear this and find about it later....

OMO

An unprofessional, angry judge is no reason for Mr. West to stop providing the best defense possible imo.
Hey, I like her. :) She's moved this trial along...which IMO, has been kinda refreshing after giving up half my life watching other trials.

According to the State he is. Everyone has opinions, but I have never quite seen anything like this.
PS- IMO, we have no idea who actually started a fight. You can look at it this way...if GZ had stayed in his car, TM would still be alive. But, may I ask, what warrants all this hatred from everyone...and I'm not saying just here. In general, why hate a teen who has been killed...whether it was self-defense or not?

IMO, no one here (at least not me), hates Trayvon Martin. On the contrary, many posters who are leaning towards self defense, have stated that they think this is a sad, unfortunate case. Check out older threads and you will see for yourself.

But, isn't GZ on trial? If he's found NG by the jury and it's their belief that the defendant was acting in self-defense...then I can see what you're saying. But, a boy was killed...isn't he the victim as put forth by the State...as of right now? IMO, there can be a weighing of the evidence without attacking the victim to the extent that I have seen here. jmo

For some reason, this case is different here. I agree with you, Trayvon is the victim. It's a sad day when a kid goes to a store for a drink and skittles and ends up shot to death. All while chatting it up with a girl on the phone. Normal teen behavior and the kid ends up dead.

The person pulling the trigger profiled Trayvon, followed him against the words from dispatch, changes his story so many times, yet...he is treated with more dignity and respect than the dead teenager. Assuming Trayvon doubled back and attacked someone he was running FROM will never make sense to me.

I firmly believe GZ followed Trayvon, tracked him down, confronted and grabbed Trayvon, not allowing another ^&#@* get away. Too bad, GZ was WRONG and Trayvon was not on drugs, casing the houses etc...he was simply going to the store. GZ was paranoid, for his own reasons, but he was WRONG, dead wrong. He shot an unarmed and killed an unarmed teenager. IMO - He needs to be held accountable.

All My Opinion.

The two are not opposites. TM was most likely much faster than GZ and that is what RJ said TM said. With his own words he puts himself home and then he is where GZ is not at that home.. AS per RJ testimony.

That is witness testimony. and it is the states witness..

OMO

And it was also her testimony that TM had thought he had lost GZ and then TM said GZ was right behind him.
It was obvious at one point TM was trying to put distance between he and GZ.Why would he double back (even if he had time) to confront the very person he was running from?
It just makes zero sense to me. IMO

Hey, I like her. :) She's moved this trial along...which IMO, has been kinda refreshing after giving up half my life watching other trials.

Yes but at a detriment to the case in whole I believe. FASTER is not better, Justice is best... OMO

Did the parents not also 'make money' off of their son's death?
Too bad they couldn't have bought better attorneys, 'cause IMO, the State's attorneys really aren't that great.

IMO, no one here (at least not me), hates Trayvon Martin. On the contrary, many posters who are leaning towards self defense, have stated that they think this is a sad, unfortunate case. Check out older threads and you will see for yourself.
Thanks...just not feeling "the love" so to speak.

BBM

Respectfully, I can't speak for others, but I would not consider myself a GZ "fan". In my opinion only, I am not rooting for a side, cheering for a side, or even taking a side. All of my opinions are based off of what I have heard in the courtroom.

One could argue that the Martins have also made money, however that is not relevant as we are discussing what occured on February 26, 2012. The actions of friends and family on both sides are totally fine to discuss as a side topic, but should not be considered in relation to the guilt or non-guilt of the defendant.

IMO

Well said. I consider myself a *fan* of fair trials and justice being served according to the laws of the state. JMO

Did you see the Friday legal argument about self defense?
I completely agree, especially in light of the undisputed fact that Z had been following TM. He could have disengaged at any time~the aggressor cannot claim reasonable self-defense.

Just jumping in real quick (and right back out) but I was listening to Alan Dershowitz on the radio this afternoon and he said that according to FL law an aggressor can claim self defense, they just lose the right to claim Stand Your Ground as their defense. I'll add IMO even though it was really Alan Dershowitz' :)

Mel

I agree, but I seriously doubt that Judge Nelson will rule in favor of the toxicology report, despite case law cited by the defense. IMO, Judge Nelson pays lip service (or ear service) to defense arguments, but then immediately makes her ruling against defense motions (for instance, ruling against the motion for JOA).

I'll be surprised if she rules in favor of the toxicology reports. IMO, they should be allowed.

Looks like it's coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member