George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is found innocent, which I am hoping than I hope he gets a book deal and makes millions, than I would do some suing!! AND this judge is a piece of work. IMO

After TM's parents sued the HOA and received a reported million dollar settlement in April, their attorney Crump announced they would be suing GZ after the trial.

I really hope they don't sue him if he is acquitted but I am sure they will as that seems to be par for the course especially in high profile cases. I hope GZ moves somewhere where they cannot touch his money. IMO

Why would any man call 911 if their goal and desire was to go after and shoot someone? It's totally illogical.

It is not just GZ that I believe. I believe it because the states evidence proved it to me. Again I am not on GZ's side. I am on the side of justice. I want it to be proven that he murdered TM and that is just not the case with what they have showed me in their case.

Many of their witnesses ended up helping the defenses case.

I am not going on feeling. I need proof and am only interested in the evidence and facts of the case.

IT is not emotional for me.

An interesting position and I see your point.

This is what I would have done.

Created the case around GZ misleading the investigation with his account.

Finding or accounting for the missing minutes between the 911 call and GZ's 911 call.

Disprove his account on the way GZ said he shot TM. Use the trajectory of the bullet to showing how the gun was positioned.

----------------------------

Side note: A one shot kill is a controlled shot.

If it would get me out of jail (for whatever reasons) I would punch myself. FACT.

And if (for whatever reasons) I should face being jailed for life, and slamming myself onto concrete could get me out, I would do it, no question.

I haven't seen anything to indicate GZ would tamper with evidence imo.

So the moral to the story is sure you can break out parts of a crime and find segments totally lawful. But try to accomplish the complete killing without the legal parts? IMO

If I didn't already have a headache I would really be banging my head against a wall reading some of these absolutely ridiculas posts. jmo

To me unless it has relevance to the case and the facts I completely just ignore that.

One can sprain their foot and have it "appear" to be broken, but not be broken. He didn't go to the emergency to get checked out, and if I had sustained the blows, and pounds, like he said he did, I'd be in the emergency, especially if I felt like I was going to pass out or my head was going to explode. I most certainly wouldn't be going to work the next day, nor classes. So, this means that GZ must be tougher than his defense team is making him out to be, (weak). :twocents:

It just doesn't matter in this case, because his nose need not be broken at all. (not jmo)

Doesn't look like the state is bothering with the ATF agent by the way, therefore no rebuttal.

Since they were able to show on the infamous Dummy that GZ would have been unable to draw his weapon had TM actually been on top of him, I still believe that GZ approached TM with gun drawn and grabbed his arm in order to make a citizen's arrest...fits with RJ's " Get off of me" testimony.
IMO

Closing arguments about to commence...
Good thing the Felony Third Degree Murder was introduced by the State...now TM's family can't come back and argue that it wasn't even considered...Remember, the State was able to give many precedents for that very charge. IMO

That's exactly what I think. GZ was trying to detain TM to wait for LE and TM started hitting GZ to protect himself from "the guy with the gun who was hanging on to his arm or wrist" or something like that....and hitting him to try to get GZ to let go of him.

Just my opinion of what happened...but it fits with the events and is logical.

I do wish there were more proof though...

Exactly. I guess not people realize that ALL revolvers are essentially 'one in the chamber' if fully loaded. Otherwise, you keep one chamber empty and rotate your cylinder for the first shot to be a dry fire.

My semi always has a round in the chamber - when you need it, you need it. I need two hands, otherwise. I may not have that luxury. I do not have an external safety, other than the hand must be on the grip, and a long trigger pull (which means you have to squeeze the trigger very hard for the first shot).

Zimmerman's gun is not a revolver, it shoots like one, pre-cocked.
You must slide it to chamber a round, it has no safety.
The smaller the gun the harder to control recoil.
In the case of this gun....it can be painful.
Read 2.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/03/foghorn/the-truth-about-george-zimmermans-kel-tec-pf-9/

Just curious, if TM was in fear for his life or being stalked by GZ. Why didn't he dial 911?

Yes, IMO, someone in fear for their life would have called 911, run away, gone home and locked themselves inside, or gone to another house where it looked like people were home and asked for help.

That's exactly what I think. GZ was trying to detain TM to wait for LE and TM started hitting GZ to protect himself from "the guy with the gun who was hanging on to his arm or wrist" or something like that....and hitting him to try to get GZ to let go of him.

Just my opinion of what happened...but it fits with the events and is logical.

I do wish there were more proof though...

Two words...Reasonable Doubt

Throwing in my 2 cents -- IMO: GZ was morally in the wrong, but not legally. If he hadn't been carrying a gun he probably wouldn't have been as gung-ho to continue following a person he considered suspicious ESPECIALLY after being told by the operator not to. But he did follow and a fatal confrontation followed. I don't think there's enough evidence to convict him of anything except maybe manslaughter -- and even then I think self defense flies.
Poor choice with horrendous consequences. I don't pity GZ, but I don't hate him either. I wouldn't invite him to dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic