George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is human to render aid to someone with a life threatening condition. obviously he was no longer a threat.

I consider inhuman that he didn't imo

GZ would have been foolish to try if he didn't know what he was doing, he could have done more than harm than good. TM brought all this on himself imo.

He didn't know that Trayvon was up to no good, he only suspected that. MOO.

Thanks Curious. It was a scary time, but now the lunatic is out of our neighborhood and we don't have to deal with him anymore. It is very frustrating that the law can't really do anything until you have suffered a crime but I also don't want to live in the world of the movie Minority Report either. Every day your child leaves your home they are at risk of someone doing something bad to them, but that is reality and you can't keep them 'in the womb' forever. Thanks for the prayer:)

I am glad he is out of your neighborhood! I have four children, all grown now and I understand. I have lots of grandchildren and I can see how much crime there is and I really am concerned for them all the time.

Did TM have $40 or $4 in his pocket?

The only thing I was "feeling" was what it felt like when I crashed my bike and fell off of it, and saw what my injuries were like. And by taking my own child, who fell off a swing in the school yard onto cement and the injuries she had when I took her to the ER.

That is just you. Natasha Richardson fell in the snow and died. From her injuries.. No outward abrasions.

The point is it is all irrelevant. All that matters is what George thought and felt in that moment. His fear, His experience.

We see how this is going to go, they are basically going for the 17 year old/unarmed is dead, therefore GZ is guilty, regardless of evidence/circumstances.

IN MY OPINION

The post you quoted was a response to the manslaughter charge which is not out. It's in.

Yea you are right about the manslaughter charge, but the discussion all morning has been about the felony charge based on child abuse. I thought this is what the poster that I was responding to was asking about. ty

Yes. That would be assault with a deadly weapon, similar to pointing a gun at someone.

No one said the bow was pointed at someone.
The question is is pulling or drawing a bow against the law? IMO

With tea or drink... is a watermelon fruit juice really a prejudicial thing. For Pete's sake. IMO

Even Bernie says that there's nothing wrong GZ following TM. MOO.

I agree that RJ's behavior after the call disconnected and all the way up to this trial is suspect. IMO the guilt she said she felt was not brought on by simply "being the last person to talk" with TM. It seems more logical that her guilt was come from some greater knowledge of what transpired.
That being said, however, I do not hold her or TM to any adult level of cognition.
From what I read and experience I have raising children, I can say confidently that a 17 year old may be mature in body and may be excelling in thought in many ways; however, the development of the pre-frontal cortext has not caught up. Irrational and impulsive behavior is common with this age group. Studies done (see NIMH reports under teenage brain development) show the mortality of teenagers is 200 times that of others (from non-disease related causes). Which is to say they do the dumbest things, risking life and limb for no good reason. Their passions are easily arroused. They are still learning self-control, and they themselves cannot see that they are still children in many cases.
Does this help or hinder TM's case against GZ? I do not really know, but IMO there was an adult and a child on the sidewalk that night, and one of them must be held to a higher level of responsibility. IMO we need to take a breath and ask ourselves, "Who was the grown-up here?"

Thank you for the above. And RJ could simply have been feeling her own grief because her friend was dead when she had "just been talking" to him. She would have known he was killed within a day or two - latest.

Didn't GZ say he didn't recognize TM as having been in the neighborhood on the non-emergency call? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK