George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the "skipped" makes sense given some other testimony. Remember RJ was telling TM on the phone to run away and she said he claimed he would walk? What that tells me is he wanted to run, but pride wouldn't let him, so he was doing that fast walk / not quite run that teenage males are prone to do. Which can often be interpreted as skipping.

RJ also made mention of TM being out of breath/breathing heavily after she told him to run. Skipping is not as strenuous of an activity as running is. I can't see someone being out of breath or breathing heavily from skipping. IMO.

No! If anyone airs the upcoming trials where we have Jeff Ashton's office prosecuting some Crump & Parks clients for manslaughter in a horrific hazing on a band bus you have got to watch.

GASP! I think I remember that! If it's the same one then that is a very sad case. I didn't know that happened in FL.

:drumroll: Jury Deliberations for 1 hour now !

:drumroll:

This issue is too volatile. A mod is needed at all times the thread is open.
We are blessed to have THIS one.
I found far worse on the CA thread when anyone tried to argue opposing views. To me this has been tame compared to that. IMO

Demonstrating is one thing, causing someone to fear for their life is another. Yes this also applies to CA (which I know is an unpopular comment).

Not once, do I think GZ sounded like he was in fear for his life. His actions, before and after the shooting just don't seem like it to me. He was so cold, so calculated, such a flat affect. JMO

How many times did he slip and fall? Because IMO from looking at the picture of the back of his head I see what I would categorize as at a minimum 3-4 separate impacts. All from slightly differing angles. There is one large central area of bruising or swelling, possibly from when he first went down. Then there are several spots of tighter bruising and lacerations at several points offset from that larger bruise. Unless he went over backwards on a flight of stairs a simple slip and fall does not look like that.

I wonder if his head was as closely shaved now as it was that terrible night...what his head would look like. I have a suspicion that his head is pretty lumpy anyways, and his hair is longer now to make it less obvious.

JMOO

I got nothing. Nothing in Urban Dictionary. I have never heard of gangster skipping. So if someone has a link please provide it.

Perhaps this is what some are referring to:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crip_Walk"]Crip Walk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

For the ones that consider TM a gangster, maybe he danced away into the night.

:truce:

Sure, there is no proof of instigation by GZ.

Ugghh. Yeah, I love it when people say GZ intigated it. Where exactly did the state prove this?? Again and again, following someone is not against the law. AND, the state never proved that GZ continued following TM after the dispatcher told him he didnt need to do that.

No! If anyone airs the upcoming trials where we have Jeff Ashton's office prosecuting some Crump & Parks clients for manslaughter in a horrific hazing on a band bus you have got to watch.
I hope we can all watch this one. This was so sad... and it would be good teaching lesson to our youths IMO

I frankly tuned out of this trial a long time ago because of the media overload. My take on a not guilty verdict would tell me if I live in Florida I can instigate a confrontation, once I get punched, I can shoot the guy. Am I wrong in that understanding because that seems like an awfully dangerous precedent to be establishing. I must be missing something.

BBM. No that is how Florida has been for years, this case does nothing to set a new lower precedent. In this case there is reasonable doubt, and the state conceded certain key points of the defense's self-defense claim. There are many cases where people threatened to kill someone before any confrontatin, and the victim did nothing but break a window or some other property damage in response, no physical altercation, a person killed another. In many of these cases the shooter/killer was not charged or acquitted.

http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/

You are missing something, a familiarity with Florida law and jury decisions.

IMO

Not once, do I think GZ sounded like he was in fear for his life. His actions, before and after the shooting just don't seem like it to me. He was so cold, so calculated, such a flat affect. JMO
IMO just like in the Hannity interview, watching him speak made my hairs stand on end.

GASP! I think I remember that! If it's the same one then that is a very sad case. I didn't know that happened in FL.

The band was the FAMU Marching 100, and FAMU is in Tallahassee. I actually live close enough that I could always hear their band practice. And Tallahassee is where the victim and defendants lived.

The death actually occurred in Orlando.

It's a very sad case. And very sad that there have been few cries of justice for Robert Champion, who was doing nothing but following his own dream of being a drum major.

They look like young kids. Maybe if they had jobs they wouldn't be there, IMO.
I thinks that's uncalled for IMO their age does not denigrate their interest in justice for Trayvon and who if they are youths is understandable. This will affect them walking home from the store.

The band was the FAMU Marching 100, and FAMU is in Tallahassee. I actually live close enough that I could always hear their band practice. And Tallahassee is where the victim and defendants lived.

The death actually occurred in Orlando.

It's a very sad case. And very sad that there have been few cries of justice for Robert Champion, who was doing nothing but following his own dream of being a drum major.

Thanks lauraoh! Wow...I don't think I can follow that case. It breaks my heart too much. I remember when it happened but I had forgotten about it until now. It's sad. I guess manslaughter is the apt charge but it kind of feels like it's not enough.

GZ's criminal, violent past was not brought in either. He certainly is not a newbie to fighting or violence. JMO

Interesting though, that GZ's past altercation was due to him trying to HELP his friend who he thought was being hurt.

If there were scientific evidence that could back up the far-fetched theory that GZ's broken nose was the result of recoil, without a doubt the prosecution would have presented it. No evidence was presented to show that GZ's broken nose could have resulted from recoil. As this is a trial discussion thread, can we please put that theory to rest. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I'd rather not. I think that there is evidence and lack thereof that is exactly what happened and answers tons of questions for me.

I want it out there for people to consider in case there is a hung jury and this case is re-tried.

George Zimmerman's injuries are inconsistant with his story of having his head repeatedly slammed against the sidewalk before having to use his handgun to save his life.

In My Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member