George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm sorry. She TM said AT. not BY. If you want to make a good decision you have to at the very least be accurate with the evidence.

Maybe you should go back and take a listen. I did last night. So don't tell me that I'm not accurate unless you have proof. She said "BY"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mistake is assuming that what a witness says is either a fabrication or the literal truth. We need to remember that human memory isn't perfect. Nor do we always understand completely what another person is saying on the telephone. (If you ever played the game "Telephone" as a kid, you should understand this). RJ could easily have mistaken what TM said.

Unfortunately GZ is in the position where people have to figure out which parts were fabrications- like the bush that didn't exist- or shimmying 40 feet down the path. Hopefully, they will use their common sense and realize when there are 7-8 lies they KNOW of, that benefit the <mod snip>, there are likely more lies being spouted. IMHO

What a shame. It would be nice to have an OT thread or something because there is only one gear in this one which is ARGUE! and it gets kind of tiresome.

Agreed! This has been such a polarizing trial. Hopefully after the verdict we can all :truce:

It really is not relevant she is going to say it is gz and I believe it is gz. But I don't think it would have made a difference for her to say so and she can not be compelled so it is what it is.

I think that the witness's that the defense called covered the yelling for help ID just fine. They didn't need to call GZ's wife.

It seems to me that peeps think if Z gets LESS than what they think appropriate, it's because the state blew it, or didn't have enough evidence.

Peeps that think he will get MORE than what they think appropriate, thinks the jurors will use emotions rather than facts or may be afraid of the backlash.

That's just my sense - how do you guys feel?
No its because GZ instigated this whole incident by following him slowly in his truck and then following him by foot, and there are no reasons in my opinion that he should have done that, he instilled fear in that youth and he came out on top because he had a gun IMO he is guilty. If they come out with less than what I think he should be charged with I will discuss my opinions then.

Did MOM say in his closing that the jury had to weigh only the facts of the case? I was dozing..

I do respect everyone's opinion, as we all have our own rationale for reaching the conclusion that we have. One thing to note though, IMO, some seem to believe that the evidence supports GZ's account(s) of the events that day, so this presents as a clear cut case of self defense.

IMO, if that is really the case, GZ would have opted for trial by judge. Would that not have been a safer bet - a judge using the law, not emotion to determine guilt or lack of? The fact that GZ did choose a jury trial may be that the defense team was worried about George's credibility, even with a jurist alone deciding.

And you never know what a jury will do. Interesting.:twocents:

BBM: GZ's father is a retired Magistrate Judge for the Supreme Court of Virginia. Maybe George is a smart cookie???

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/crime/zimmerman-dad-worked-as-magistrate#ixzz2Yrz7AEWu

Wouldn't Zimmerman's wife have been an excellent witness to verify it was Zimmerman's voice screaming on the tape? I'd think the wife would have been a better witness re: GZ's screaming voice than some of the witnesses called by the Defense. JMO

Was GZ in the court room at all? Thanks

Personally, I don't give a flying fig how baggy TM's pants may or may not have been.

What matters to me is the evidence that the State presented (or failed to present, as the case may be) to try to prove 2nd degree murder.

ITA, and BBM because I use this phrase all the time, but I've never in all my years "heard" anyone else use it. :D

I think that the witness's that the defense called covered the yelling for help ID just fine. They didn't need to call GZ's wife.
Oh while his mouth and nose that was allegedly being cover by the kid who had no dna on his hands? How then was his screams heard so clearly right up until the gunshot was heard? I have never heard an explanation to that point. IMO

The last place in the World I would be doing in a fight is putting my hands near someone's mouth. Biting ends fights. IMO

Yes, why didn't he bit his hand? With the way GZ describes the "attack" makes it seem like he just laid there and did nothing at all, like the dummy demo the states attorney did. Has he described how he tried to defend himself against the "blows"?Jmo

I don't know about the men you have known...but the ones I know would stand up to defend their friends....especially when drunk.

I don't know about the men you have known..... but the ones I do are too law abiding, happy and well adjusted that they and their friends do not get into bar fights. It's nothing to proud of, IMHO, it's trashy low life behavior and causes nothing but grief. Ick.

BBM: GZ's father is a retired Magistrate Judge for the Supreme Court of Virginia. Maybe George is a smart cookie???

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/crime/zimmerman-dad-worked-as-magistrate#ixzz2Yrz7AEWu

Personally I don't think GZ is a smart cookie at all. Regardless to guilty or not guilty it is always, always stupid to be questioned by LE without an attorney. And he should have known this with his schooling, father's job, etc. So IMOO that makes him especially stupid.

I have never found myself questioned by LE but I can promise you that if I ever did my one and only comment would be I want an attorney!

What evidence? We are discussing the trial. There was no evidence presented that even hints at the recoil theory. The state went with the assault-by-tree theory. JMO. OMO. MOO.

1. No DNA on Trayvon's hands from hitting his face, nose, mouth. All the mucous areas. No blood. No injuries on Trayvon's hands from a nasty blow.

2. The defense showed and experts testified this week he was hit on the right side of his nose. We can see hat in photos. Trayvon was right handed.

3. The marks, cuts and injuries on the nose show cuts and are rectangular in shape consistent with barrel flip and recoil.

4. The gun he used is known to kick like a mule, it always recoils and in the proximity to shooting he was, it had to have recoiled right in front of his head. How would it NOT hit him in the face?

5. No skin, blood under Trayvon's nails from the scratches to his nose. Where did they come from?

6. Recoil to the face would slam your head back into the ground.

Yes, why didn't he bit his hand? With the way GZ describes the "attack" makes it seem like he just laid there and did nothing at all, like the dummy demo the states attorney did. Has he described how he tried to defend himself against the "blows"?Jmo

They have almost admitted that GZ's physical strength and stamina were not much more than the dummy demo's. IMO

No its because GZ instigated this whole incident by following him slowly in his truck and then following him by foot, and there are no reasons in my opinion that he should have done that, he instilled fear in that youth and he came out on top because he had a gun IMO he is guilty. If they come out with less than what I think he should be charged with I will discuss my opinions then.
I think you misunderstood my unofficial poll.
I'm asking if the verdict comes back less than you believe it should, what do you think is the reason.
TIA

I have a question about bullets. I know zero about guns. Do most gun owners who carry for personal protection use hollow point bullets? Does the type of bullet depend on the amount of damage one wants to inflict? What do LE use? Thank you for helping me.

Maybe you should go back and take a listen. I did last night. So don't tell me that I'm not accurate unless you have proof. She said "BY"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They mean the same thing. TM had made it "home." Either he was lying to RJ or he then turned back to confront GZ. JMO. OMO. MOO.

George claims he did not strike back at all, just tried to defend himself, LMAO.
IMHO, he was thinking about his culpability first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat