George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
With GZ's allegations of TM allegedly putting his hand over his mouth and telling him to "shut the eff up", makes it seem like Trayvon was trying to sexually assault him or something. I can't picture a teen doing that to a grown man. That sounds like something a molester or kidnapper would do.

And also GZ claims Trayvon said "he was going to die tonight" and that he told Zimmerman that he had a "problem now!" Now why would a boy who was already in trouble(suspension), staying with his dad want more trouble? Let alone set out to kill someone?How would he explain that to his father? Doesn't sound logical. IMO:facepalm:

Especially since "GZ" was screaming bloody murder at the top of his lungs and people came outside to see what was going on. Why would TM continue to hang around and "beat" GM and risk being identified? You can't write a better movie script then what GZ has laid out, IMO.

They have almost admitted that GZ's physical strength and stamina was not much more then the dummy demo's. IMO
LOL what was it they called him softy puff? He looked more than agile and fit in his re enactment IMO

It seems to me that peeps think if Z gets LESS than what they think appropriate, it's because the state blew it, or didn't have enough evidence.

Peeps that think he will get MORE than what they think appropriate, thinks the jurors will use emotions rather than facts or may be afraid of the backlash.

That's just my sense - how do you guys feel?

If he is found guilty of murder 2, then I will feel pretty strongly that the jury did not follow the legal instructions given to them.

If he is found of guilty of manslaughter, I will not believe that it was a compromise vote. I think people are way too passionate on this to compromise. I think this means that they don't believe self defense and believe the shooting was intentional in the heat of passion.

If he is acquitted, I will feel that they made the appropriate decision according the instructions given to them.

If it is a hung jury, I will not be surprised. My hope would be that the state drops the charges.

On a personal note, law removed, I feel that George Zimmerman is actually innocent of murder. I do believe this was a very sad and unfortunate case of self defense.

I pray for all families involved. There are no winners here.

IMO

yes, LE will even tell you that.

being hit in the shoulder etc. would not IMO, make someone stop hitting you.

If this was a LE officer getting hit by TM, He would not be aiming for the shoulder or anywhere else. He'd be aiming for the heart.

IMO
That's IYO, correct? So GZ, whose lawyers attest to lacking physical prowess and intent, all of a sudden becomes all gungho and aims for his heart? According George, he didn't even know that TM was shot, but you think that he made the conscious decision to aim for his heart?
GZ was not LE...though I think that was a big part of his problem.

There is the part she says in the area of but her quote from him was. HE SAID HE AT and she repeated it. After that she changed it.

I just played the video a few times and I hear RJ say "He at the back of his daddy's fiance's house."

MOO

I have a question about bullets. I know zero about guns. Do most gun owners who carry for personal protection use hollow point bullets? Does the type of bullet depend on the amount of damage one wants to inflict? What do LE use? Thank you for helping me.

From what the experts say, hollow points are safer because they lessen the chance of hitting bystanders. JMO. OMO. MOO.

NO I don't believe the color of the female would come into question, even though race did not play a factor in this. It is because he was a youth.

I don't think the color would come into question either.....its just most people look at it different with a female walking at night as opposed to a male. IMO OMO

I am still confused why everyone is under the belief he Trayvon was so scared, if he was he could of asked his friend to call the police or hung up and called himself....he did neither. MOO

And if he didn't aim for the heart, Trayvon would still continue to hit him, IMO.

Jumping off your post respectfully:

If he had remained in his vehicle till police arrived.
If he had left the gun in his vehicle.
If he had smiled, said, "Hello", and identified himself as the friendly neighborhood watch.

If I'm on a mission to get home with my cheese doodles,
and am confronted by an order of stand and identify,
I can imagine the fear a young man might feel.
Confronted in a dark green-space,
by a strange man using a forceful tone.
Scary.

In this culture of the new Millenia,
young men can subconciously be in fear of violence.
Someone can take two steps to you,
a reaction is to throw up your arms in protection,
GZ could have tried to pin TM, TM panics and the struggle is on.
It may all be a horrible accident,
but what we're left with is,
TM was just going home to watch his show.
He never made it.

The gun is the only one that should be held accountable?
Melt it I say!

ImO

If a guy gets out of his truck and starts running after a 17 year old blonde, blue eyed female walking home at night, would it be OK for her to hit him in the nose?

Actually....if we remember correctly an adult victim recently did just that, stabbing him in the chest and he shot and killed her. He's in jail for life now.

I don't know about the men you have known...but the ones I know would stand up to defend their friends....especially when drunk.

Some would indeed.This,however shows he is willing to engage in using his fists over a perceived wrong
Some would also call the proper authorities and let them deal with it.
George had no idea it was LE ...if he is to be believed.

IMO

The gunshot expert explained that the entry wound and the placement of the shot on TM's hoodie revealed that the garment was hanging down and was not being grabbed or stretched. JMO. OMO. MOO.
The defense expert did IMO

I have never found myself questioned by LE but I can promise you that if I ever did my one and only comment would be I want an attorney!

Absolutely correct.

A law professor explains why you should [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc"]never talk to the police[/ame].

I just played the video a few times and I hear RJ say "He at the back of his daddy's fiance's house."

MOO

TY TY TY!!! :blowkiss:

IMO, it sounds to me as if he had arrived at home at that time, according to RJ, when he was on the phone with her.

If a guy gets out of his truck and starts running after a 17 year old blonde, blue eyed female walking home at night, would it be OK for her to hit him in the nose?

Assault is assault. How many women have killed men. Hint: plenty.

I queued the video to the point where she is stating it and she says "in the area"...

http://youtu.be/_iYVUt3_HOQ?t=1h18m13s

Yes, she first says he is in the area by his daddy's house, then after he says , "Oh S**t" he says Trayvon says he is almost there. She clearly does not say that TM said he is "AT" his daddy's house. IMO, if my ears still work.

If he is found guilty of murder 2, then I will feel pretty strongly that the jury did not follow the legal instructions given to them.

If he is found of guilty of manslaughter, I will not believe that it was a compromise vote. I think people are way too passionate on this to compromise. I think this means that they don't believe self defense and believe the shooting was intentional in the heat of passion.

If he is acquitted, I will feel that they made the appropriate decision according the instructions given to them.

If it is a hung jury, I will not be surprised. My hope would be that the state drops the charges.

On a personal note, law removed, I feel that George Zimmerman is actually innocent of murder. I do believe this was a very sad and unfortunate case of self defense.

I pray for all families involved. There are no winners here.

IMO
That's what I was looking for. Thanks for responding.

There is no doubt in my mind who started this physical altercation. When you look at GZ's bloody nose and cuts, lumps, and punctate wounds on his head, then look at TM's body with no signs of ever being hit except with the bullet and look at the abrasions on his knuckles, how can one not know who threw the first punch? TM not only threw the *first* punch; he threw *all* the punches. He most likely would have beaten GZ to death if he hadn't been stopped.

Some people keep saying GZ's wounds were not significant. Skin on the scalp does not even have to be broken for a skull fracture to occur, and people can die from skull fractures....many have died. The next slam of GZ's head against the concrete could have been the fatal injury.

I completely agree. I feel very strongly that if George Zimmerman had not defended himself; he would have been severely injured or dead. I appreciate opposing opinions and enjoy reading them. However; I just cannot understand those that opine George injured himself and/or the facial wound was a result of a "kickback" of the gun. I don't know if "kickback" is the proper term as I know very little about guns. In any event; as I said I respect differing opinions and mean no disrespect to those that feel George injured himself. This post is IMO.

Is anyone aware if there's a set time of how long the Jurors deliberate before calling it a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peacebranch