GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

11:12am: Justice Harrison is nearing the end of his sentencing judgement ... he says he will give a discount of 10 percent to the sentence he would otherwise impose for the crime of murder due to her guilty plea, which saved the court, community and Kiesha's family the financial and emotional cost of a trial

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kiesha-we...s-sentenced-20130717-2q48f.html#ixzz2ZM6D8LQF

Seriously. This is not a sale at Target. That's 10% less punishment for a child's suffering and death, why? ... because $ are apparently more important than children.

I get that it's encouragement for guilty pleas, and expedience of trial.. etc. But wasn't there enough proof to slam dunk guilt anyway, in this case?

Undercover heroes solved murder

WHO were the "undercover operatives" in the Kiesha Weippeart murder investigation? Whether it was an undercover cop who gained the trust of Kristi Abrahams and step-father Robert Smith or (more likely) a long-time friend who agreed to pass information to investigators, they had the couple fooled.

The identity of the operatives, referred to in court documents as UCOs, is guaranteed to remain a tightly-guarded secret.

Whoever they were, Abrahams confided in them with critical information implicating Smith and Abrahams in Kiesha's death and the location of her burial site. Smith and Abrahams were interviewed by police three times between August 1 and September 1, 2010, and denied knowledge of Kiesha's death on each occasion.

From there, it was over to the UCOs. According to a set of agreed facts drawn up by crown prosecutor Chris Maxwell QC, Abrahams spoke to a UCO on April 21, 2011, and for the first time confessed that Kiesha was dead.

Though not admitting to murdering the six-year-old, Abrahams told a UCO Kiesha had hit her head and knocked herself out, the facts said. On the evening when the conversation occurred, Smith and Abrahams took a number of UCOs to Kiesha's grave site to help dispose of the body. The pair walked into the arms of police at 1.12am.

MALCOLM RAMAGE
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...as-bad-publicity/story-fni0cx12-1226675287638

Pfft. Let's hope she reaches menopause in the next 15 years.

Our justice system is rubbish. I feel for the police who have to face this in person.

speechless!! she beat and kicked her daughter to death, what does a person have to do to recieve a life sentence in australia?!
she showed no remorse, she was constantly smirking and abusive to the public and media,
the police who dealt with this must be so angry and frustrated

How awesome is it to hear that such efforts were expended (the undercover cops, etc) in bringing these monsters to justice?

It's a good reminder that sometimes much, much more goes on behind the scenes than any of us might see...

The sentence really is a bit of a joke, though.

speechless!! she beat and kicked her daughter to death, what does a person have to do to recieve a life sentence in australia?! she showed no remorse, she was constantly smirking and abusive to the public and media,
the police who dealt with this must be so angry and frustrated

BBM

Not only Australia, other countries as well. If you all remember Zahra Baker in US. Her stepmother dismembered her & threw pieces of her body all over the countryside.

Guilty plea....18 year sentence!!

Children of the damned: Kristi Anne Abrahams and the mothers who kill their kids

July 18, 2013

KRISTI Anne Abrahams has just joined Australia's most reviled club - women who kill their own children.
Life in the protection unit at Australia's toughest women's prison will deliver Abrahams into a world of pain.

Sentenced today for murdering her six-year-old daughter Kiesha Weippeart, Abrahams has joined the ranks of women who - in the prison pecking order - are the most despised of all inmates.

The "girls" at Silverwater Women's Correctional Centre in Sydney's west - drug dealers, thieves, prostitutes, con-women and killers with adult victims - will all consider themselves superior to the likes of Abrahams.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...ds/story-fncynjr2-1226681444193#ixzz2ZNSQtFyU

I've always had this weird idea thought in my head that she would get 18 years, I don't know why, I hope I'm wrong and she gets life too! I don't know why she was allowed back after being hospitalised for a bite, that's a savage bite that requires you go to hospital! Then she went and did it again with the incident above, it's not fair that nobody cared about Keisha!

11:33am: Abrahams has been jailed for a maximum of 21 years, minimum 15 years. Cries of "yes" from Kiesha's supporters. For the crime of interfering with the child's body, she receives an additional 18 months.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kiesha-we...s-sentenced-20130717-2q48f.html#ixzz2ZMB6O0pq

Wow, split the difference on those dates and I get 18 years!! It's official, am psychic :)

11:34am: Kiesha's neighbour, Alison Anderson cries out "rot in hell" as Abrahams is taken down from the dock

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kiesha-we...s-sentenced-20130717-2q48f.html#ixzz2ZMBfKi50

Alison Anderson is awesome, couldn't have said it better myself.

Dear Kiesha, sweet little girl, people cared about you! I remember members of WS going out on weekends early in this case and pitching in for the search themselves. People posted maps and looked at possible places she could be. Her whole community came together for candlelight vigils, and the wall in front of the apartment block where she lived was covered in teddy-bears, balloons and candle wax the day I drove up there.

I really hope she knew she was loved in life, it's so sad that poor Kiesha never knew enough of that love in her own home where she deserved to be cherished.

RIP sweet child, you will not be forgotten, and people will fight in your name for other children just like you! :hug:

I had an awful feeling that she wouldn't get the sentence she deserved... I wish I was wrong about that feeling.

RIP Kiesha

<respectfully snipped>

RIP sweet child, you will not be forgotten, and people will fight in your name for other children just like you! :hug:

How do we fight for other children? The Judge in this case made this comment during sentencing...

"The death of the deceased is the foreseeable and predictable.."
http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/kristi-abra...daughter-kiesha-weippeart-20130718-2q5td.html

I am just one person and he is closer to the law and law makers than I.

How do we help or fight?

the cycle of abuse needs to be broken which is really hard, maybe parenting classes at schools would be a small start and teaching children about kindness and empathy towards animals and humans, self esteem classes for girls and boys so they respect themselves and others, having safe places where people feel welcome, where they can feel able to talk to someone and maybe drop their children off when they cant cope, places for lonely people. teaching people how to be loving and kind to their children, its hard if you have been abused and grow up damaged with no emotional coping skills and then you become a parent with no idea how to be a parent.
its heartbreaking when you see a child you instinctivly know is being badly treated and wonder what they are going home to, you want to help the child but really what can a bystander do? unless you actually see the child being hurt.
its a huge social problem and getting worse and the measures in place dont seem to be working

Kristi Abrahams 000 call Released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDatdAb-61E&feature=youtu.be

The deceased occupied one bedroom of the unit while the offender and Mr Smith shared the other bedroom with their two children. The fact the sisters didn&#8217;t share a bedroom is chilling. The couple hid Kiesha&#8217;s body in a closest for two weeks so she was likely in her bedroom closest. If the toddler was asleep when Kristi attacked Kiesha, she may not know what happened to her sister. Eventually the couple's children, who will be teenagers when their parents are released, will need to learn the truth.

Kristi said she didn&#8217;t search the neighborhood for Kiesha before she called 000. She told the operator she called immediately after she woke up and found the front door ajar and her eldest daughter not in the home.

Judge Harrison relys too much on his own opinion. Was Kristi Abrahams mental status diagnosed by a forensic psychiatrist or psychologist after she was arrested? If Kristi receives psychiatric care in prison, her psychiatrist will diagnose her and treat her for the next 16 years so his opinion on whether she is rehabilitating while incarcerated is very valuable.

Kristi did not shed a tear during her sentencing hearing afaik and I do think she needs to apologize to the people she hurt starting with Chris and Kiesha. Is she sorry? Does she regret the way she treated Chris and his children? Kristi blamed Chris Weippeart for what happened to Kiesha and apparently Kristi beat Kiesha because she resembled her father.

<snipped>
The offender showed herself to be remorseful when secretly recorded and also reported similarly to Mr. Champion. She did not give evidence before me but I necessarily must accept the existence of forensic imperatives that influenced that fact. Retribution and mercy are important in equal measure.

Were the couple's surviving children examined to determine whether they have ever been assaulted? Does Robert believe Kristi intended to kill Kiesha? Did Robert ever see Kristi harm her surviving daughter? Does Robert believe Kristi would eventually seriously harm the other children? Kristi&#8217;s father said his daughter told him she intended to seriously harm her daughter weeks before she died, did she tell Robert the same thing? Robert is able to describe the abuse Kristi inflicted upon Kiesha in great detail. Does Kristi really have the capacity to be a good mother to her other children if she is secretly assaulting her eldest child behind closed doors? Robert&#8217;s answers to these questions are crucial yet his voice was not heard during Kristi&#8217;s sentencing hearing.

MOO

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action/PJUDG?jgmtid=165966

Kristi Abrahams 000 call Released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDatdAb-61E&feature=youtu.be

The deceased occupied one bedroom of the unit while the offender and Mr Smith shared the other bedroom with their two children. The fact the sisters didn’t share a bedroom is chilling. The couple hid Kiesha’s body in a closest for two weeks so she was likely in her bedroom closest. If the toddler was asleep when Kristi attacked Kiesha, she may not know what happened to her sister. Eventually the couple's children, who will be teenagers when their parents are released, will need to learn the truth.

Kristi said she didn’t search the neighborhood for Kiesha before she called 000. She told the operator she called immediately after she woke up and found the front door ajar and her eldest daughter not in the home.

Judge Harrison relys too much on his own opinion. Was Kristi Abrahams mental status diagnosed by a forensic psychiatrist or psychologist after she was arrested? If Kristi receives psychiatric care in prison, her psychiatrist will diagnose her and treat her for the next 16 years so his opinion on whether she is rehabilitating while incarcerated is very valuable.

Kristi did not shed a tear during her sentencing hearing afaik and I do think she needs to apologize to the people she hurt starting with Chris and Kiesha. Is she sorry? Does she regret the way she treated Chris and his children? Kristi blamed Chris Weippeart for what happened to Kiesha and apparently Kristi beat Kiesha because she resembled her father.

<snipped>
The offender showed herself to be remorseful when secretly recorded and also reported similarly to Mr. Champion. She did not give evidence before me but I necessarily must accept the existence of forensic imperatives that influenced that fact. Retribution and mercy are important in equal measure.

Were the couple's surviving children examined to determine whether they have ever been assaulted? Does Robert believe Kristi intended to kill Kiesha? Did Robert ever see Kristi harm her surviving daughter? Does Robert believe Kristi would eventually seriously harm the other children? Kristi’s father said his daughter told him she intended to seriously harm her daughter weeks before she died, did she tell Robert the same thing? Robert is able to describe the abuse Kristi inflicted upon Kiesha in great detail. Does Kristi really have the capacity to be a good mother to her other children if she is secretly assaulting her eldest child behind closed doors? Robert’s answers to these questions are crucial yet his voice was not heard during Kristi’s sentencing hearing.

MOO

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action/PJUDG?jgmtid=165966

the 000 call is chilling knowing what we know now.
she always reverts to the same whiney cry voice, it all seems so fake.
i thought robert smith would be giving evidence, he would have seen so much, maybe he said he didnt see anything and still scared of her or hoping to catch up in 16 years?

I wonder if Robert&#8217;s relatives attended Kristi&#8217;s sentencing hearing.

I believe the woman in this photo is Robert&#8217;s mother since Kristi&#8217;s mother is deceased.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/gallery-e6frewxi-1225900554597?page=63

I wonder if there was a lock on Kiesha&#8217;s bedroom door and if she was forced to stay in her room while her wounds healed.

Tmk, Kristi Abrahams has never held a job and I&#8217;m not sure if she completed high school. She might continue her education and learn a trade while she&#8217;s incarcerated. Robert worked as a retail clerk so he&#8217;ll likely work in the jail.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holliday3
Back