GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the answer to that because they haven't said :( But, the bar she was at closes at 1am. We know it was allegedly sometime after midnight that she came home, and we don't even know if she left at closing or prior to closing, but the bar itself is closed down at 1am, so we know gleaning from that...that she possibly came home between midnight and 1am, or she went elsewhere after the bar if the alleged time of "after midnight" is accurate.

Just wondering if she called her brother, the sitter, to see how the kids were doing or to tell him she was going to stay out awhile longer. Did JD know she was not planning to come home for a certain length of time?

BTW, what time was JD's work shift to start Sunday?

Time for me to quit....I'm messing up to many important details.

Just wondering if she called her brother, the sitter, to see how the kids were doing or to tell him she was going to stay out awhile longer. Did JD know she was not planning to come home for a certain length of time?

BTW, what time was JD's work shift to start Sunday?

It hasn't been stated what his work shift was. But...police were notified by dispatch at 10:49am that CD had called 911.

JD arrived an hour early for work.

Starbucks in Effingham opens at 6am and closes at 11pm on Sundays.

I am going to speculate that Starbucks runs three shifts on Sunday...I think his shift started at noon.

[Edit] Removed part of my post due to inaccurate info gleaned from someone else.

My post was not directed at you and I apologize if it seems it was. I'm just confused by the minimal allegations for both!

I don't understand why JD wouldn't also be getting neglect allegations, especially at this point. At the very least I would expect to see JD get more than 1 allegation via DCFS. Regardless of what the initial complaint via the hotline was, DCFS now knows that a 3yo child (NG) was either a) left unattended while JD completed his deeds or b) in attendance while JD was committing the crime. Wouldn't that be additional abuse/endangerment allegation or is child endangerment only charged by LE? TIA :)

I agree, I would think at least one neglect charge against JD because he admittedly left that three year old baby at the family home ALONE while he was busy disposing of Willow's body. KWIM?

I agree, I would think at least one neglect charge against JD because he admittedly left that three year old baby at the family home ALONE while he was busy disposing of Willow's body. KWIM?

Yep! IKWYM. Hopefully as time goes by, more and more will be added to the list of "charges" through family court proceedings and NG will be kept as safe as possible. Whether NG was left alone or taken along, both are traumatizing, IMO. Poor lil guy! :(

I'm really compelled to correct this statement. There are NO charges against the mom or the uncle. A report was made, ALLEGING, abuse or neglect. CPS opened an investigation based on those allegations. CPS does not charge anyone. Ever.
Besides that, JD did not admit he left the 3 yr old home alone until AFTER the CPS investigation was opened. So, no that probably wasn't one of the allegations in the original report.

It hasn't been stated what his work shift was. But...police were notified by dispatch at 10:49am that CD had called 911.

JD left prior to LE arriving at the home.

JD had left the house an hour early for work.

Starbucks in Effingham opens at 6am and closes at 11pm on Sundays.

I am going to speculate that Starbucks runs three shifts on Sunday...I think his shift started at noon.

Oooh, he was not there when LE arrived. I didn't know if that was a confirmed fact. So, he was not there in the morning when the children's mother either woke or was just coming home. He was just gone to work with no note or call to her? Who got a hold of him to find out why Willow was missing?

I know CR called her folks before 911. Who called him supposedly at work?
It's so telling if he left for work early to avoid answering questions, and then stayed at work while his niece was missing.

Sorry about the questions. My thinking cap is at the dry cleaners.

I'll try to find the link for you.

You're a dear, but I don't want to trouble you right now. I know we all want to honor Willow during her services. It puts me in a somber mood to realize this happened just a week ago.

Lighting a candle and saying some prayers for Willow. May she feel all the Love people are feeling when they think of her.

I am just asking why JD would be on the radar for the boy's Dad and how at that point he would even know if JD was looking after the kids the night before.

SBM

My kids used to spend weekends with their dad. His brother is over there often. I know a lot about my ex. I know a lot about his brother. If something remotely similar to this happened, you better believe I'd be on the phone to LE/DCF in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even have to know if brother was at the house at the time or not- I'd throw his name in there, simply due to the knowledge I have.

Although it's unlikely anyone here will ever know who the reporter was, I'm really surprised that none of you have suggested the little brother's own father. If you found out your child's sibling had mysteriously vanished don't you think you might want to have your child's situation checked out? Or maybe paternal grandparents? It's 100x more common for a non-custodial parent to make a CPS report than anyone else.

IIRC.. A few WSers have provided suggestions that Willow's father was the anonymous caller to CPS...

I do not have the links handy...

NC... If LE did the calling... Would the scenario look the same as it does now?

In other words... From your experience... Do you think LE called in the abuse/neglect... Or do you think LE would have used other channels...?

TIA...:seeya:

I'm really compelled to correct this statement. There are NO charges against the mom or the uncle. A report was made, ALLEGING, abuse or neglect. CPS opened an investigation based on those allegations. CPS does not charge anyone. Ever.
Besides that, JD did not admit he left the 3 yr old home alone until AFTER the CPS investigation was opened. So, no that probably wasn't one of the allegations in the original report.

So, he did leave him alone?

Oooh, he was not there when LE arrived. I didn't know if that was a confirmed fact. So, he was not there in the morning when the children's mother either woke or was just coming home. He was just gone to work with no note or call to her? Who got a hold of him to find out why Willow was missing?

It's so telling if he left for work early to avoid answering questions, and then stayed at work while his niece was missing.

To clear things up, I cannot find the article at this time, but I am still looking, because I know I read it somewhere. So for now, take that part with a grain of salt until I find the MSM release. The article stated he *was* there when CD discovered Willow was missing, but wasn't there to be questioned that morning.

(if someone can link the article that would help) I'm still looking.

I've posted the link a few times- he was there, mom went looking for willow, called gma- gma called him, mom got home and he came outside crying that willow wasn't there...

IIRC.. A few WSers have provided suggestions that Willow's father was the anonymous caller to CPS...

I do not have the links handy...

NC... If LE did the calling... Would the scenario look the same as it does now?

In other words... From your experience... Do you think LE called in the abuse/neglect... Or do you think LE would have used other channels...?

TIA...:seeya:

Without working in that particular location, I can't be sure about how their calls are handled.
I work in NC, but I've worked in a small rural county and currently I'm in a major city. In the small county LE could make a report simply by notifying dispatch that they wanted a CPS worker on the phone...whoever was on-call took the call and was the responding Investigator. In the city, emergency calls go to the intake center (24/7) and they are assigned to an investigator. LE also faxes reports at the beginning of every business day if any of their calls involved children at risk from their night shift and they are assigned to the day shift Investigators.

Where is the article that says JD admits to leaving NG alone? I can't find that.

Separate thing:

JD arrived an hour early to work...didn't leave an hour early.

Where I live, we have CHIPS reports - Child in need of protective services.

Reports are kept for a time. I forget how long.

There is information, but it is not enough to generate intervention. At somenpoint, if DCFS gets enough reports, they can investigate.

That is why it is important to report. Maybe your report will be the one that leads to an investigation.

We don't know if there are CHIP reports for Willow or her brother.

So, he did leave him alone?

I haven't read that anywhere, but I can see how that conclusion could be drawn. If anyone has that from a MSM source, please post a link.
I was just responding to the fact that the CPS report was made on Sunday and she wasn't discovered until Tuesday....so the 3 yr old home alone would not have been known at that time (if that's even true).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul