SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ambivalent about a possible deal. I'm actually against the death penalty. But hypocritically, I'm not against death row for certain criminals.

jodi is one of those.

Sociopathic types like jodi tend to adapt quite well to prison, especially when it's not death row. Regular prison will be a playground for jodi, of people with a host of issues who she can manipulate, which is what she lives for. She will be free to continue her platform of being the victim, to give media interviews, have a twitter account, and to have multiple romantic relationships with various people she will pit against each other.

My old firm hired some women on a work release program (believe it or not). One told me about either Diane Downs or Susan Atkins (i cant remember which), in Chowchilla, who strutted around with a shirt that had her name stenciled across it. She apparently had tons of groupies and "ran" the place. A good manipulator can do that.

I don't need to see jodi executed for her crimes. In fact, I dont think she should be. Although I wouldn't lose much sleep about it. But death row is so much more restrictive and that I do want for her.

ITA Gitana. She does NOT deserve to be the center of attention any longer. Enough is enough. She'll peddle her abuse story in prison and have an audience to garner sympathy from, and that's not right. I sincerely would like to see her on death row spending 23/7 alone in her cage. :jail:

Gitana, I agree with you totally. Would CMJA be placed in restricted custody or whatever it is called for several years? I thought I read that privileges would have to be earned when she goes to Perryville and that included being around other inmates. I truly don't believe she will fare well in Perryville despite being a master manipulator. I imagine it is going to be a rude awakening, but that is coming from my perspective. I worry about Steven Alexander and his sisters going through another mini trial. I personally would love to see her get LWOP just to be done with her, the piece of garbage that she is. Jmv :seeya:

Hi Zuri :seeya: The way I understand it, women who kill their "abusive" spouses are somehow more accepted in prison than say a woman who kills her child. A lot of those women have been abused by a man, so they are more sympathetic. Look how she's wrapped her fellow inmates around her finger at Estrella. I think there's a good chance she would be able to gain quite a following at Perryville shilling her bogus "abuse" story.

Hi Daisy and everyone else!!!

I used to love Hazel. My one of favorites was the Beverly Hillbillies. I once watch a BH marathon on TVLand for 8 hours. It was so much fun.

You may already know this, Whitney Blake, who played Mrs. Baxter on Hazel, is the mother of actress Meredith Baxter. :)

Hi Zuri :seeya: The way I understand it, women who kill their "abusive" spouses are somehow more accepted in prison than say a woman who kills her child. A lot of those women have been abused by a man, so they are more sympathetic. Look how she's wrapped her fellow inmates around her finger at Estrella. I think there's a good chance she would be able to gain quite a following at Perryville shilling her bogus "abuse" story.

You are probably right PSM. For some reason, I think she is going to play the wrong inmates against each other and it isn't going to go well. Maybe that is my wishful thinking. I am more concerned about the Alexander's than I am about what my perception of her life will be like. I just want her gone. I hate looking at her ugly face and skip pages on here if here pic is up. Her heinous act caused so much pain for so many. She needs to go to Perryville yesterday. JMO :seeya:

Hey Mrs G! :seeya: Is it getting to be spring like there down under? Miss you!

I have posted this before but I'm still mad because NancyGrace shows cases and cases
and then we hear nothing more about it like Baby E. it was one week to the day she had the case on her show again and that was one week after the baby was found I only turn it on to see what it is about and I turn it to something else

That's my pet peeve about Nancy. She gets stuck on one thing and harps. It's like dude there are other cases that need air time .

You are probably right PSM. For some reason, I think she is going to play the wrong inmates against each other and it isn't going to go well. Maybe that is my wishful thinking. I am more concerned about the Alexander's than I am about what my perception of her life will be like. I just want her gone. I hate looking at her ugly face and skip pages on here if here pic is up. Her heinous act caused so much pain for so many. She needs to go to Perryville yesterday. JMO :seeya:

I totally agree. I guess I should look at it that way too. As long as she will never see freedom again. But I wouldn't put it past her to kill again, even in prison. I think she should be put to death so she can never harm anyone else, even another inmate.

The killer will be with people meaner and more disbturbed than her that will hate her .

If she gets LWOP she will be in gen pop, eventually if there is a work your way there thing. If she has some time in solitary confinement she may just lose it and realize to behave, doubtful, but still.

If she gets into trouble in gen pop, she gets to be put in the hole, at least that is what they do here. It is solitary confinement again, but here it is a very small cell. That will continue as many times as she gets into trouble.

If she kills someone in prison, she will get another murder trial, and if DP is on the table, will most likely receive it.

We aren't putting this on Twitter, but Hear us, you murderer, give up, give in. We, the American people dislike you, murderer. We do not stalk, threaten, slaughter a fellow citizen, human being. I would like you on death row, like Scott Peterson. Not dead, just there. You do not belong in General population. That is too good for you. Go for Death row for Jodi Arias get her off Twitter, that will kill her, lol

I take great satisfaction in knowing that prison ages people extremely fast. While CMJA may have once been considered superficially "pretty" by some, those days are over. She will be just another face with her heinous acts written all over it.

Pretty is as pretty does.
JMO

I have a question, not case related.

Does everyone here pay sales tax and food tax?

I know someone that just moved to Oregon Monday, they said there is no tax. You pay the price you see, everywhere, and that is that!

Here we pay - get this - 11% food tax!!! That's not just out to eat food, that is even in the grocery store! I'll have to check retail next time I go anywhere retail.

I need to gather my thoughts here...they are all over the place regarding the penalty phase and CMJA in prison.

For as much as the DT likes to comment on the circus atmosphere surrounding this trial, while there has been extensive media coverage of the trial itself, there has been surprising little peripheral information.In other words, no side shows that one would expect with a circus. CMJA has been in Estrella Jail for more than five years now, yet there are few first hand accounts from former inmates. In five years, plenty of people in jail have encountered her. When Troy Hayden did his piece, her supposed pod-mates help up signs of support and comments were made about what a sweet person she was. HLN did a more in-depth series "Behind Bars" with Nancy Grace and few if any would comment on CMJA...at most it was meh. I have seen one rumor where she told a fellow jail mate that she had chopped up Travis's body?

The women that Nancy Grace interviewed basically had no tolerance for people claiming innocence when they were not. CMJA's story has holes so big in it that you can walk right through them, so I would expect that will be a huge strike against her in gen pop, when or if she gets there. If she does get life, she will still be placed in solitary for a number of years, according to Carl ToersBijns, who has a series of videos on YouTube.

KatieCoolLady is a proponent of what she calls "Life Row" or solitary confinement for life. I think that is what many would like to see for her.

I commented earlier this summer how time in closed custody does not seem to have had any positive influence on CMJA's attitudes or behavior and this continues to be the case. Her tweets over the past few days are taunting and she continues to play the victim. I'm especially concerned with a comment made on the FB page used by her family as an official source of information. A post from yesterday ends with "Things are moving slowly right now. Be patient. S*** will hit the fan soon!" We've seen enough lies and ugliness from this woman. I truly hope that she is not planning to escalate things even more, yet this is well within her character.

Maybe the new jury will include a psychologist who will act as foreperson and expose CMJA for who she is and what she has done, baring all of her lies and deceptions.

I have a question, not case related.

Does everyone here pay sales tax and food tax?

I know someone that just moved to Oregon Monday, they said there is no tax. You pay the price you see, everywhere, and that is that!

Here we pay - get this - 11% food tax!!! That's not just out to eat food, that is even in the grocery store! I'll have to check retail next time I go anywhere retail.

Yep - taxed here in SC for everything. FL doesn't have state taxes I believe.

I live in Connecticut and here we pay sales tax of 6.35% on most items except food. Clothing used to be exempt, but the state needed revenue and started taxing more and more items. Even haircuts are taxed now!

New York City has its own sales tax on top of New York State tax.

Florida does not have an income tax, but does have a 6% sales tax. I don't know the specifics, but it does sound as is counties may be able to levy sales tax on certain items above and beyond the state tax.

I live in Connecticut and here we pay sales tax of 6.35% on most items except food. Clothing used to be exempt, but the state needed revenue and started taxing more and more items. Even haircuts are taxed now!

New York City has its own sales tax on top of New York State tax.

Florida does not have an income tax, but does have a 6% sales tax. I don't know the specifics, but it does sound as is counties may be able to levy sales tax on certain items above and beyond the state tax.

Counties in Florida can add to the state sales tax. An example, Disney sits on two different counties. In some places you pay 6.5% and in others you pay 7%.

Where I live we pay 9 percent sales tax on food, clothing, etc. we have a state tax but the property tax is low.

Gitana1, what is the talk in the legal community about how this will probably play out? Is Bill Montgomery under any pressure one way or the other regarding the retrial of the penalty phase? If this does go to retrial, could it possibly be nastier than the original trial?

I have no idea what the talk is. No one in my neck of the woods gives a darn about this case. I think the Arizona criminal law community would be the ones talking about this and having a greater understanding.

I can tell you that mandatory settlement conferences are not unusual and the scheduling of this hearing does not mean a settlement deal is in reach. Frankly, I can't see Juan Martinez backing down. I think there is a lot of horror in the community about what jodi did and her little, self-serving testimony and speech at trial, and her skewering of the victim, so that may balance against cost in Maricopa County. I just don't know for sure.

No way will a retrial be nastier. A retrial is only the mitigation and aggravation phases. That's it.

Gitana, I agree with you totally. Would CMJA be placed in restricted custody or whatever it is called for several years? I thought I read that privileges would have to be earned when she goes to Perryville and that included being around other inmates. I truly don't believe she will fare well in Perryville despite being a master manipulator. I imagine it is going to be a rude awakening, but that is coming from my perspective. I worry about Steven Alexander and his sisters going through another mini trial. I personally would love to see her get LWOP just to be done with her, the piece of garbage that she is. Jmv :seeya:

I don't know. According to some reports I've heard and read, yes. This post states a couple years maximum custody, then a couple years close security custody and then never below medium custody. Descriptions of those are in the post: mycrimetime.blogspot.com/2013/05/jodi-arias-trial-life-behind-bars-in.html

To me, that means at most she would face 2 to 5 years of hard time and the rest would not be so bad for her.

As far as the Alexanders are concerned, THEY want the death penalty. It's really not up to us to nanny them. Our concerns are trumped by their wishes. (Of course our concerns means nothing actually, but I get your drift and I'm sure you get mine!!!!).

If that was my brother, murdered, I'd want to go the distance and not stop until there was justice. In fact, a lot of people talk about how horrible trials are on the families, but in many cases, the real pain is when they find out their loved one has been murdered and then after everything is over, when they have nothing left but the empty hole. I kind of think the trial process allows them to have something else to focus on than just their grief. Of course they grieve throughout the process but they are also consumed by the fight. It's kind of like being diagnosed with cancer. You are struck with horror and scared to death but the process of fighting the cancer and fighting to be cured, sort of tempers the horror because you're so focused on the treatment.

I just hear over and over how the families face the largest void and hardest times when everything is over and all the rallies and vigils and trials are finished and they are left with nothing more than the dark pain.

I'm a bit familiar with prison life for various reasons - stories from my law partner's clients and a couple of mine, as well as the ladies on the work release program at my old work and finally, those prison shows on t.v . Although I find jodi repellant, she will be a superstar in prison. She will be adored. Her looks will place her at a premium. She knows how to act sweet and wardens will succumb to her charms and give her breaks. She will manipulate and charm most everyone around her.

And you know, prison is not actually as horror-filled and dangerous as many think. (It would be for me, I'd die in a month! It's one of my worst nightmares!). But the prisoners want to experience life and pleasure and they form intricate relationships and find fun and entertainment where they can. The biggest danger is with gang issues but most prison (Florida excepted), keep rival gangs apart. With the women, there may be physical fights here and there, but they tend to be more social and more sexually fluid than men. They make their fun.

I guarantee, if jodi gets life, she's going to do just fine. And that's what gives me pause when it comes to her avoiding the death penalty.:stormingmad:

Well he's shattered that image.

Lol. That's for darn sure. I never get what these idiots are thinking. I suppose they think they're so smart that they will be the special ones to get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675