SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting about different States and taxes. (I don't even want to know about NY, must be outrageous there. Happy I was not born there, and never intend to go.)

I always thought all States charge the various taxes until she said no taxes here. I was stunned and still cannot imagine.

Yep, everything here, even taking your car to the shop, is taxed. I still have no idea what all those tax charges are on my phone bill. I just don't look anymore, just pay and go on, lol.

So my darling son with the very superior IQ showed his brilliance.

When he paid his tuition and board, he ripped the bottom of the check, so that it would not clear. I got a statement from the school showing tuition still due and told him he needed to go to Student Accounts and get things straightened out.

He tried to pay the bill with his debit card! :floorlaugh:

Next comes mail from the bank, suspecting that his debit card has been compromised. I wonder why?

They are issuing a new card and it will be like jumping through hoops to get the card activated and then to him at school.

Intelligence and common sense are definitely two very different things, as DS has proven over and over again. :floorlaugh:

It is disappointing that the killer will thrive in prison. Thanks for giving us some insight into the prison world.

It is disappointing that the killer will thrive in prison. Thanks for giving us some insight into the prison world.

There are some youtubes on Estrella (sp?) and Perryville.

In the shows it looks like a pajama big party with jail made booze. I'll see if I can find the links again.

Prison Life - Estrella, Women's Jail, Maricopa County, Phoenix, AZ - YouTube

This is in a few parts, but I know I saw a different one, just can't find it right now:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...5ab50-9e62-4618-9bd8-adc476e8456b%7c%7c%7c%7c

I live in Connecticut and here we pay sales tax of 6.35% on most items except food. Clothing used to be exempt, but the state needed revenue and started taxing more and more items. Even haircuts are taxed now!

New York City has its own sales tax on top of New York State tax.

Florida does not have an income tax, but does have a 6% sales tax. I don't know the specifics, but it does sound as is counties may be able to levy sales tax on certain items above and beyond the state tax.

shoot, I was incorrect about FL taxes. :truce:

Oops, forgot to include food tax answer. We do not have tax on groceries or medication. We do have tax on things like Coke, but bottled water is exempt. Just before school starts we have a weekend of no tax on school supplies, clothing up to a set dollar amount and some technology items.

Delaware is home to Tax Free Shopping. It is on the sign as you cross the borders into this state. LOL. no tax on food, clothes, restaurants, nothing. People come in from PA, MD, NJ to shop here. Whenever I order something delivered here, there is no tax which is helpful.

So my darling son with the very superior IQ showed his brilliance.

When he paid his tuition and board, he ripped the bottom of the check, so that it would not clear. I got a statement from the school showing tuition still due and told him he needed to go to Student Accounts and get things straightened out.

He tried to pay the bill with his debit card! :floorlaugh:

Next comes mail from the bank, suspecting that his debit card has been compromised. I wonder why?

They are issuing a new card and it will be like jumping through hoops to get the card activated and then to him at school.

Intelligence and common sense are definitely two very different things, as DS has proven over and over again. :floorlaugh:

Too funny!

I live in Connecticut and here we pay sales tax of 6.35% on most items except food. Clothing used to be exempt, but the state needed revenue and started taxing more and more items. Even haircuts are taxed now!

New York City has its own sales tax on top of New York State tax.

Florida does not have an income tax, but does have a 6% sales tax. I don't know the specifics, but it does sound as is counties may be able to levy sales tax on certain items above and beyond the state tax.

When I have purchased items in NYC in the past, I paid the store to ship the items to Delaware to avoid paying the 8.5% sales tax. I think PA sales tax is 6%. NJ 7%. MD 6%.

Looks like I missed the party. I am tired anyway.

I'm here, Kensie- just doing other things, too- watching Project Runway and playing Mahjong on the computer.

:seeya:

I was thinking about missy :jail: today and can't imagine what she must be thinking- sitting, alone, in her jail cell. But then I remember that she has a depraved indifference to human life and she has, in her mind, completely absolved herself of any responsibility in the death of Travis.
Maybe she thinks by reading she will "evolve" into a better, "nay"! :floorlaugh: an authentic person (or at least to appear to) and her twits :facepalm: will show that to the world. Pftttttttttttttt. What do I know, anyway. I'm not a murderer or a psycho and can't understand her. I personally think she is stupid- even with the high IQ. She made a mess of her life and everyone involved with her. :stormingmad:

The killer is probably getting a lot of mail from her admirers stroking her ego. The mail may keep her busy and the solitude has not bothered her too much.

She is a loser. Losers bring others down with them.

The killer is probably getting a lot of mail from her admirers stroking her ego. The mail may keep her busy and the solitude has not bothered her too much.

She is a loser. Losers bring others down with them.

Her admirers :stormingmad: there's something really wrong with them. Maybe they're psycho, too and can relate to her (I can't imagine, tho"). Can't write much on a postcard.
--maybe she has cockroach races in her :jail: :floorlaugh:

How's the weather where you are?
It's cold at night- 38 degrees in the AM and about 60-65 during the day. The leaves are starting to turn on some trees, too, and my hosta are wilting.

Good night Y/N. I have to get some chores done and I am so tired.

Sweet Dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member