2nd Anniversary of Baby Lisa's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
what really irks me about deb's remarks? she once again mentions being bashed by the public (like she compained/cried about on dr. phil), yet then goes on to make mean remarks about the people she just accused of bashing her... a total contradiction (and double standard)... and not the only one apparently >>> see above post by expectingunicorns

“When she comes home and (with) all of the hateful things that certain people have said, they have to answer to their maker for judgment,” she said. “I will have my daughter back, and I will be vindicated, and those people that spent all of that time judging me will be miserable, but we won’t.

what really irks me about deb's remarks? she once again mentions being bashed by the public (like she compained/cried about on dr. phil), yet then goes on to make mean remarks about the people she just accused of bashing her... a double standard... and not the only one apparently >>> see above post by expectingunicorns

Is she saying that all of the people who judge her, will have to face their maker, and will then be miserable? That we're all going to hell? Why does she have more harsh words for people who want justice for Lisa, than the people who actually abducted her?

Is she saying that all of the people who judge her, will have to face their maker, and will then be miserable? That we're all going to hell? Why does she have more harsh words for people who want justice for Lisa, than the people who actually abducted her?

Possibly because the latter do not exist?

KTV5 posted this on their FB page:

Um...what? Their PR person is telling to deny interview requests on the one day of the year, according to their supporters, the media will report on Lisa?

Why is the benefactor paying for two lawyers (one who doesn't even live in KC...can he even practice there?), a PR person (despite the family barely talking to the media), and a PI?

I have heard many,many times that our local reporters want to interview them, but they refuse. This just proves it.

The couple declined to speak with reporters who were outside their home Wednesday afternoon. They apologized, but said they have retained a new public relations person who advised them not to speak publicly until a prayer vigil is held Saturday.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/23584340/updated-photo-of-missing-lisa-irwin-released

I guess we will have to wait until after their prayer vigil on Saturday to see who the station will be that they talk to. They did do an interview with Fox4 today. So I am a little confused as to how the PR person is making the decision's. To me it contradicts the statement from the KCTV5 article.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/10/02/baby-lisas-mother-breaks-silence-on-investigation/

Why does the age progression photo look older than the age Lisa would be today?

The center only updates the photos every two years. As a result, the photo is intended to depict Lisa as a preschooler rather than a toddler, so it will last until she is 5 years old.

So that's why.

Also,

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children released the age-progression photo Tuesday night. The center worked with Lisa's parents, Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, and others to develop the photo. Forensic experts use photos of the parents, siblings and software to develop the best possible photo.
(BBM)

I have no idea why Lisa's parents aren't taking this opportunity to make a plea for her return but it isn't fair to say they aren't doing anything.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/23584340/updated-photo-of-missing-lisa-irwin-released

Because she is full of sh.....inola. And a box o'wine. :(

Checked this thread to see if thee was any new...anything.
I haven't forgotten that little baby girl.

Sorry to say this, but I still feel like *some* people are being busy NOT talking , who know something !!! ---If I'm wrong I will gladly eat my hat. (baseball cap)
MOO

The couple declined to speak with reporters who were outside their home Wednesday afternoon. They apologized, but said they have retained a new public relations person who advised them not to speak publicly until a prayer vigil is held Saturday.

Well, I guess that settles the debate that we were having up thread. You know, whether the media is tired of the story and whether the parents are without connections that would help them get more urgently needed media attention in order to find Lisa.

As far as I can see the fact of the matter is:
a) the media is not tired of the story
b) the parents wouldn't need any connections to get more media attention in order to find Lisa, they'd just need to talk to the reporters who gather outside their door.

From a) and b) I can only conclude that
c) the parents don't really feel that more media attention is needed in order to find Lisa.

I dunno... I think that if the PR person they have hired really advised them to make no public pleas on the anniversary of the disappearance and the release of the age progression and whenever reporters show up asking for comments they've hired a stupid PR person. Even if they have something spectacular planned for Saturday, it's hard to see how saying, "we miss Lisa very much and want her home so please, if anyone knows anything, please call Crime Stoppers" now and every other opportunity would hurt in any way.

The PR person might perhaps earn his or her pay better if s/he told them that telling people that you wish they will burn in hell is usually not the way to change their minds and make them like you better.

During the interview, Bradley told FOX 4′s Kathy Quinn she wanted to clear up some misconceptions that have been reported in the media. Bradley said no one ever had a cadaver dog in her bedroom and that a “hit” was not made in her bedroom. She insisted she never failed a lie detector test and claims there was police statement issued saying that there was no reason to believe Lisa was dead, but the media never reported it.

I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe. How many lawyers do they have again? If there was such a police statement and all media outlets happened to inconveniently miss it at the same time, why wouldn't Tacopina or Picerno have shown up in one of the morning shows waving the statement and saying "see, we told you so"?

And the source for the HRD dog hit next to her bed was a court affidavit by the police, signed and sworn and presented to a judge.
On Oct. 17, 2001 an FBI cadaver dog was brought into the residence upon consent of Irwin and Bradley. The cadaver dog indicated a positive 'hit' for the scent of a deceased human in an area of the floor of Bradley's bedroom near the bed," said the affidavit.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/15768295/family-of-lisa-irwin

How is that a misconception by the media? There is a photo of the affidavit in the article and that's what it says. Is she claiming that the detective who wrote that lied under oath?

15768295_BG4.jpg

I've never followed any other missing children cases, do they often hire a PR person? Seems bizarre to me.

I've never followed any other missing children cases, do they often hire a PR person? Seems bizarre to me.

There's been a few that I know of offhand. Like redheadedgal mentioned, the McCanns. Elizabeth Smart's family. A PR firm worked for Samantha Runnion's family for free because of the demand for interviews. The Ramseys also hired a PR firm. I think having a PR firm is a good idea, because it can really help to maximize the media coverage, and help to get your child's face out there. It's rare though because most families don't have the money for one, and are going to use donations they get for other things. I actually wouldn't be surprised if there are others.

"Deborah Bradley and Lisa’s father, Jeremy Irwin, have never agreed to speak with investigators separately. On Wednesday, Bradley said she would do anything to get her daughter back."

Well, here it is, folks. Side by side sentences that are a stark contradiction. Their actions do not follow their own words!

That's a bad report. They were interviewed separately initially and police tried to pressure them to flip on each other. That's part of the reason they eventually stopped speaking to police.

So they are hiring a PR person, who then tells them nor to speak to the media, or to just speak to one particular media outlet. Wow! That PR person isn't really clued up eh? They want their baby back they should be utilising every reporter that wants to publicise their case, unless of course there is something to hide and speaking freely to the media might cause that to come out! Just a theory I'm mulling over mind you, lol.

That's a bad report. They were interviewed separately initially and police tried to pressure them to flip on each other. That's part of the reason they eventually stopped speaking to police.

Thanks; you're right, DeAnn. They should have said that they currently refuse to speak with investigators separately.

And the pressure to flip and confuse isn't really an uncommon practice, in my experience.

Tonight is the actual anniversary of Lisa going missing. I know she wasn't reported until the early morning of 10/4/2011. The last time she was reported being seen by her mother was 6:40 on 10/3, so In my mind I consider her anniversary as 10/3.

Lisa Irwin you have touched my life in a way that I will never forget about you!

Good one!!

I sincerely hope the reporters in KC ask someone about Bradley's claim that there never was a cadaver dog in her bedroom!!

this is just mindboggling considering the statement by SY, the search warrant and JT's comments about that dog "hit" in the bedroom. remember this?

In defending his clients high profile attorney Joe Tacopina notes that cadaver dogs react to various human waste: “A dirty diaper or 10 other non-human-remains items."

http://www.indyposted.com/173772/fbi-cadaver-dog-finds-cadaver-smell-in-baby-lisa-irwins-home/

so joe, why so defensive if there was no dog and no hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny