CA CA - Kristen Modafferi, 18, San Francisco, 23 June 1997

I hope thre is an update soon. I know it will take a while to analyze the soil samples. If the samples yield anything and if they find any DNA it could take a longer time to see if it's a match for Kristen. I know they are waiting for DNA results for grateful doe, I read that could take 12-18 months. I think of this case often and hope there is a resolution.

I hope thre is an update soon. I know it will take a while to analyze the soil samples. If the samples yield anything and if they find any DNA it could take a longer time to see if it's a match for Kristen. I know they are waiting for DNA results for grateful doe, I read that could take 12-18 months. I think of this case often and hope there is a resolution.

I dunno if they're even testing for DNA. I thought they were just testing to date the sample. To see if it's from around 1997 or not. Hopefully they get the results soon.

I dunno if they're even testing for DNA. I thought they were just testing to date the sample. To see if it's from around 1997 or not. Hopefully they get the results soon.

I said if the soil yields anything then they will test it and the results take a long time. I didn't say they were testing the soil for DNA right now.

I said if the soil yields anything ( then they will test it and the results take a long time. I didn't say they were testing the soil for DNA right now.

Me too!! I've been constantly doing web searches...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have too! I hope there is some news. I used to think Kristen must have had an accident or fallen at Sutro Baths. But after reading everything about the case I really changed my mind to foul play. Her scent could have been at Sutro Baths because she had been there previously. I used to think all of the foul play stuff was too fanciful but not anymore.

These recent developments are really something... is there any possible way a cadaver dog didn't search the house back in 1997? How would this have been missed all those years ago?

So little details about what LE actually did over the past 2 decades has been very irritating.
Someone kept pushing the Sutro Baths theory, I think so they could just close the case and forget about her.
However, the crazy behavior between Onuma, Lampo, and Kristen's co-worker Matthew Luque being closely linked to them, is more than enough to make the Sutro Baths sweeping her away during a depressed moment a bit silly by comparison.

The thing that have always bugged me:
1) Onuma and his numerous antics, including abusive sex, reporting a pair of lesbians as murdering Kristen, and being tied to a sex trafficker (Dubie, who is deceased).
2) It is the ONLY day that Kristen didn't clock out.
a) From this I had previously came up with scenarios like Kristen was sent
to make a bank drop but was set up to be robbed in an inside job.
For example, let's say Kristen were sent to make a bank drop inside of the Galleria.
Onuma in a wig, gets help from Lampo and/or Luque to sent Kristen on the drop.
Only what if instead of just being robbed Kristen immediately ID'd Onuma?
b) What about leaving work early with Lampo and Onuma, and making a deal with a co-worker to clock her out. Only the co-worker (Luque?) forgot...
Then the 3 go to Kristen's shared living space and something goes awry.
3) Everytime I was curious about her living situation, it seemed either there was very little information or researching that was being discouraged (and apparently stemming from LE's lack of finding anything there). The other people living there barely seemed to know or notice Kristen. Seemed odd, but not implausible. The newspaper was the only clue to my recollection and a fairly thin one at that. The people you live with should be prime suspects... but not in this case. I got the impression that LE knocked on the door, everyone claimed they didn't know anything, and they just looked around finding the newspaper. You would hope they did more, but nothing ever sounded like it.
Now the rent thing is a bit curious. I'm not following the check vs. cash thing at all.
Did she pay the rent or not? If she took out the cash, where did that go?
4) Jill Lampo's missing diary pages including the day Kristen vanished.

I would not put it past Onuma to have made a robbery and rape on Kristen and then covered it up. I'm sure Lampo knew more and remembered what she wrote in that diary.
Apparently she is only as of this year cooperating. But if she were an eyewitness to Kristen's murder, then by now someone would have been arrested (if she really is cooperating).

I don't know who (if anyone) was at home between the time Kristen supposedly left work and the next 12 to 24 hrs. Did they all have airtight alibis? It would be interesting to know if one or 2 of them were there sometime after she left work... vs. if no one was there at all.

Now the rent thing is a bit curious. I'm not following the check vs. cash thing at all.
Did she pay the rent or not? If she took out the cash, where did that go?

She told her parents (and the bank confirms) that she took out $500 for rent.

Griffin Cherry says he did not accept the 500 dollars, and told her to get a check.

There was no check (or else the parents wouldn't have mentioned this incident at all)

The 500 dollars are missing.

Very interesting information about the rent. Why would someone turn down cash? This makes no sense....sounds like he may have pocketed the money.

If so, what else did he lie about?

Very interesting information about the rent. Why would someone turn down cash? This makes no sense....sounds like he may have pocketed the money.

If so, what else did he lie about?

That's the thing. Since the house was in foreclosure (and they were squatting), a check wasn't needed for record keeping. It makes no sense, to me, why he wouldn't take the cash.

So yes, I think he lied.

At the very least, if he didn't lie, she had the money on her, and someone stole it.

I would give anything to be able to watch for police activity at Kristen's former home on Jayne avenue.

It's been more than 30 days since the discovery of potential evidence. If she is actually there, police activity should be occurring.

Has anyone local seen any activity there??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They aired the Unsolved Mysteries episode featuring Kristen today. It was interestng to watch. They interviewed Griffin Cherry. He gave a comment that Kristen was intelligent yet naieve to the ways of the city. They also intereviwed Onuma! He was seen only in silhouette and his voice was obscured. He said he wished he had never made the call to police and had nothing to do with her disappearance.
I wish we knew if anything more was going on at the house in Oakland right now. Waiting patiently for news on this or some info on the FindKristen website.

They aired the Unsolved Mysteries episode featuring Kristen today. It was interestng to watch. They interviewed Griffin Cherry. He gave a comment that Kristen was intelligent yet naieve to the ways of the city. They also intereviwed Onuma! He was seen only in silhouette and his voice was obscured. He said he wished he had never made the call to police and had nothing to do with her disappearance.
I wish we knew if anything more was going on at the house in Oakland right now. Waiting patiently for news on this or some info on the FindKristen website.

Yup. I just came to check because I was wondering why there was no news on this yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll
Back