FL FL - Mary Elizabeth "Beth" Plavnick, 25, Pensacola, 9 Apr 1987

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Mary Elizabeth Plavnick[/h]
  • mary_elizabeth_plavnick_1.jpg
Plavnick, circa 1987

• Missing Since 04/09/1987
  • Missing From Pensacola, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 01/22/1962 (56)
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A yellow pullover shirt, blue jeans and sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Plavnick's two upper front teeth protrude. Her nickname is Beth.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Plavnick was last seen leaving a male acquaintance's residence on Old Corry Field Road in Pensacola, Florida on April 9, 1987. She was en route to the Stardust Club at the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again.

Plavnick drank alcohol and occasionally smoked marijuana in 1987, and sometimes she left her family's Ensley, Florida home for a few days at a time, but she kept in daily contact with her family and her disappearance is completely out of character. Her case remains unsolved.

http://charleyproject.org/case/mary-elizabeth-plavnick

Circumstances: Last seen leaving residence of Adrian Kendricks on Old Corry Field Rd.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7983/

Her current NamUs link:

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Last seen leaving residence of Adrian Kendricks on Old Corry Field Rd.

Hair: Black, shoulder-length, curly

Eyes: Brown
Other distinctive physical characteristic: Extreme Buck Teeth

Clothing: Yellow Pullover and blue jeans, Tennis Shoes

Original.jpg

Pensacola News Journal, 20 Mar 89, pg 1 (snip of contents of larger article on missing persons). This article indicates she was asthmatic, requiring 3 inhalers per day, and taking only 1 with her when she disappeared.

1674580763687.png
1674580836112.png

I believe the StarDust Club was in Pensacola. Map below. Approximately 15 miles from there to border of Alabama.
1674581810195.png

I believe the StarDust Club was in Pensacola. Map below. Approximately 15 miles from there to border of Alabama.
The Stardust Club (also known as Stardust Bottle Club) was located 204 South Old Corry Field Road in the Warrington-area of Pensacola. It closed in 1988, and the building became home to the Red Carpet Lounge under new ownership. The property was purchased by the Escambia County School District in 1991, and I believe the building was demolished shortly after.

I updated your map with a red star to show the location of the bar. The road (white) heading North-South is Old Corry Field Road, where the article states her friend, "Adrian Kendricks" lived.
Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 1.15.07 AM.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back