WA WA - Elma, AsianFem 25-40, 330UFWA, Sz6 pearl Avon ring, gold earring w/5 blue sapphires, Oct'88

I am so pleased - this is my pet case - but just looking at the DDP’s other Asian cases I feel this will be a long haul. Still better than nothing and all it takes is one close match in the right dbase …and given those earrings, if she is not of Cambodian heritage I will donate USD100 to the Othram case of @MadMcGoo’s choice.

I am not sure if Othram has any Asian cases as well, may be they can say how difficult are these cases. So far the DDP has at least 2 Asian cases and one of them (Van Burren JD) has relatively high matches

I am so pleased - this is my pet case - but just looking at the DDP’s other Asian cases I feel this will be a long haul. Still better than nothing and all it takes is one close match in the right dbase …and given those earrings, if she is not of Cambodian heritage I will donate USD100 to the Othram case of @MadMcGoo’s choice.
A bet that is a win-win for everyone ;)

I couldn’t wait to see her come onto the DDP spreadsheet earlier this week but….. nada . I just hope they loaded her up and got an immediate ID-level match…

I can't speak to how accurate this is but her admixture has been uploaded and indicates that she's largely of east asian descent.
I have compared her admixture with two other Asian Does (Van Buren County JD and Portland Jane Doe) and it is different, both of them have East Asian and Siberian admixture, while Grays Harbour Jane Doe has East Asian and South Asian admixture. It makes me think she indeed could be from Thailand or Cambodia. I would like to see what admixture people from these countries have and if it is similar to our Jane Doe.

Was Chiu Le Jean previously mentioned? The clothing description of the blouse is the same (white blouse with floral pattern). UID estimated height and weight are the same.

1652206472816.jpeg1652206573361.jpeg

Has anyone brought up the possibility of a "mail order bride" scenario? I can't think of the case off the top of my head, but there was a gentleman who had many brides that disappeared and it took a long time to catch onto what he was doing.
I fear DNA will be the only way to solve this but we need more DNA in the databases to compare it to.

Yea DNA Doe have been working this for quite a while now but she has so few matches. BUT we all know sometimes it only takes 1 close family members to test and solve a case. Everyone out there, get your friends of SE Asian descent to test and upload to GED Match!

Has anyone brought up the possibility of a "mail order bride" scenario? I can't think of the case off the top of my head, but there was a gentleman who had many brides that disappeared and it took a long time to catch onto what he was doing.
I fear DNA will be the only way to solve this but we need more DNA in the databases to compare it to.
Are you thinking of Jack Reeves? There was a forensic files episode about him.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current NamUs exclusion list for this Jane Doe?
1 Missing Person Exclusion

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP25757Nhi Nguyen
Date of Last ContactMay 01, 1985
StateWA
CountyClallam

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics