MI MI - Cassandra Elizabeth Durham, 19, Roscommon, August 1, 1987

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last contact was with her father over the phone in August of 1987. She was staying with her boyfriend's grandfather near Roscommon, MI. She left Baltimore, MD, with her boyfriend (also from Baltimore, MD).

Boyfriend returned to Baltimore, MD around 1988 pr 1989, but father has not heard from his daughter since.

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 6.19.45 PM.png

Is this the same Cassandra Durham? None of the reports state where she was from or where her father lives. They look similar to me.

Is this the same Cassandra Durham? None of the reports state where she was from or where her father lives. They look similar to me.
It's possible. NamUs lists her as 19 in 1987, so this fits.

NamUs: "She left Baltimore, MD, with her boyfriend (also from Baltimore, MD). Boyfriend returned to Baltimore, MD around 1988 pr 1989, but father has not heard from his daughter."

This is vague, so she could originally be from KY or anywhere else.

AUG 1

ROSCOMMON, Mich. – Cassandra Elizabeth Durham was staying with her boyfriend’s grandfather near Roscommon, Michigan when she vanished.

Durham and her boyfriend had left Baltimore, Maryland. Her boyfriend was from Maryland.

Durham’s father last heard from her over the phone in August 1987. That was 35 years ago.

Durham was just 19 years old when she disappeared. Her boyfriend returned to Baltimore in 1988 or 1989, but Durham’s father never heard from his daughter ever again.

She had brown hair that was at her neck. She had two tattoos, one on her hip and one on her thigh. One was her boyfriend’s initials “EB” and the other was the initials of her college sorority.

Why is the boyfriend or his father never named? How long was it before her father reported her missing? Was she ever reported to be missing? I can't find any old articles of her being missing. I am a short drive from Roscommon, Michigan and I have never heard of this???

Why is the boyfriend or his father never named? How long was it before her father reported her missing? Was she ever reported to be missing? I can't find any old articles of her being missing. I am a short drive from Roscommon, Michigan and I have never heard of this???
The lack of information from ANYONE about this case is sad and troubling. Unfortunately, it happens far too often.

It's like those girls who were held captive in Cleveland and the one girl's mother wasn't looking for her daughter nor reported her missing. How sad! But I can't find anything on this young lady....nothing.

It's like those girls who were held captive in Cleveland and the one girl's mother wasn't looking for her daughter nor reported her missing. How sad! But I can't find anything on this young lady....nothing.
Michelle Knight had been reported missing initially but her report was cleared from the system after a year.

• durham_cassandra.jpg
    durham_cassandra2.jpg
Durham, circa 1987
  • Missing Since 08/01/1987
  • Missing From Roscommon, Michigan
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 19 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Carrying a small black purse.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Durham has two tattoos on her hip/thigh area; one is of her boyfriend's initials "EB", and the other is of the unknown initials of her college sorority.

Details of Disappearance​

Durham last had contact with her family by by phone sometime in August 1987. She had left Baltimore, Maryland and was staying with her boyfriend's grandfather near Roscommon, Michigan. Her family never heard from her again, and when her boyfriend, who was also from Baltimore, returned there in 1988 or 1989, Durham wasn't with him.
Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency​

• Michigan State Police 989- 422-5103

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 3, 2023; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back