WA WA - Kathryn Gregory, 24, Spokane, 4 Nov 1981

Whenever I see a cold case solved in the Northwest, it always reminds me of Kathy, and it prompts me to do a check to see if there’s any information on her.

My name is Rick. I did mornings at KJRB in Spokane. Brian, her husband, followed me at mid-days. My wife Susan, worked as an X-Ray tech at Sacred Heart with Kathy. They were good friends. My wife and I introduced Kathy and Brian. We were all close friends until I moved to Seattle, in 1980, to do mornings at KZOK.

It was hard for me to grasp that Kathy was missing, since I wasn’t local at the time, and only heard about through friends I still had in Spokane. One day I got a call from a detective. We spent quite a bit of time on the phone together and of course he asked me numerous things about Brian. After a lengthy conversation, he mentioned something about my house. I forget what it was but I thought it was odd and I asked him how he knew about that. He said, ‘You used to live across the street from me’. As it turned out, he was the guy we always talked about as ‘Eva’s husband, that we never saw’. We never saw him apparently because he was an undercover detective.

Anyway, Brian seemed to be always very happy. He had an infectious laugh and laughed quite often. I know they say this about a number of people, but I could never have imagined him harming Kathy. And truth is, my wife and I spent a good bit of time with them and never had a clue that they were unhappy with each other. I think Brian felt blessed to have Kathy, as she was smart, very pretty, had a good sense of humor and a good job. She was very well liked and a very good friend to my wife and myself.

I will still keep checking on Kathy. As a friend, I felt terrible, but I could never imagine how her family feels (felt, now that her parents have passed away)

Kathy was a lovely girl. I was privileged to be her friend.

I wanted to do a small timeline with records that I found. Please feel free to add or correct anything. I try to be very thorough and I came across the divorce record for Kathy and her husband (after she went missing) but haven’t come across a death record yet. Not sure I will if she was declared deceased.
Anyway, here is a start:

March 1980 - Brian and Kathryn purchase real estate

June 28, 1980 - they get married

November 4, 1981 - Last time Kathy is seen (by Brian and did anyone else see her that day?)

April 18, 1984 - Divorce final, Kathryn spelled “Katherin” on Washington State digital archives info, not sure if the actual record spelled that way.

November 17, 1989 - Release of mortgage with Kathryn’s name along with husband’s name.

Attachments

• 47EC24DF-95C2-48D6-AFA6-C73F3A9644D0.jpeg
    47EC24DF-95C2-48D6-AFA6-C73F3A9644D0.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 120EF36A-E0D2-4AD5-AE3B-4F7454CCA311.jpeg
    120EF36A-E0D2-4AD5-AE3B-4F7454CCA311.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 19
  • E9D93DF3-3C1C-41AB-8E46-DD78FBB73D32.jpeg
    E9D93DF3-3C1C-41AB-8E46-DD78FBB73D32.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 20
  • C1B37223-EEEF-4E06-93BF-CA78D2A5BC91.jpeg
    C1B37223-EEEF-4E06-93BF-CA78D2A5BC91.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 17
  • 0FD79F3F-325B-46ED-9026-3AEF1F45476E.jpeg
    0FD79F3F-325B-46ED-9026-3AEF1F45476E.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 20
I wanted to do a small timeline with records that I found. Please feel free to add or correct anything. I try to be very thorough and I came across the divorce record for Kathy and her husband (after she went missing) but haven’t come across a death record yet. Not sure I will if she was declared deceased.
Anyway, here is a start:

March 1980 - Brian and Kathryn purchase real estate

June 28, 1980 - they get married

November 4, 1981 - Last time Kathy is seen (by Brian and did anyone else see her that day?)

April 18, 1984 - Divorce final, Kathryn spelled “Katherin” on Washington State digital archives info, not sure if the actual record spelled that way.

November 17, 1989 - Release of mortgage with Kathryn’s name along with husband’s name.
All this makes me more suspicious of her husband

Whenever I see a cold case solved in the Northwest, it always reminds me of Kathy, and it prompts me to do a check to see if there’s any information on her.

My name is Rick. I did mornings at KJRB in Spokane. Brian, her husband, followed me at mid-days. My wife Susan, worked as an X-Ray tech at Sacred Heart with Kathy. They were good friends. My wife and I introduced Kathy and Brian. We were all close friends until I moved to Seattle, in 1980, to do mornings at KZOK.

It was hard for me to grasp that Kathy was missing, since I wasn’t local at the time, and only heard about through friends I still had in Spokane. One day I got a call from a detective. We spent quite a bit of time on the phone together and of course he asked me numerous things about Brian. After a lengthy conversation, he mentioned something about my house. I forget what it was but I thought it was odd and I asked him how he knew about that. He said, ‘You used to live across the street from me’. As it turned out, he was the guy we always talked about as ‘Eva’s husband, that we never saw’. We never saw him apparently because he was an undercover detective.

Anyway, Brian seemed to be always very happy. He had an infectious laugh and laughed quite often. I know they say this about a number of people, but I could never have imagined him harming Kathy. And truth is, my wife and I spent a good bit of time with them and never had a clue that they were unhappy with each other. I think Brian felt blessed to have Kathy, as she was smart, very pretty, had a good sense of humor and a good job. She was very well liked and a very good friend to my wife and myself.

I will still keep checking on Kathy. As a friend, I felt terrible, but I could never imagine how her family feels (felt, now that her parents have passed away)

Kathy was a lovely girl. I was privileged to be her friend.

I never knew you were the ones who introduced them. I would like to speak with you on the phone, if you would be willing. My email is starjasmn@gmail.com. Thank you very much.
Terri Rahe Sidrow
Kathy's sister

I never knew you were the ones who introduced them. I would like to speak with you on the phone, if you would be willing. My email is starjasmn@gmail.com. Thank you very much.
Terri Rahe Sidrow
Kathy's sister
I hope with all my heart that one day you can find her or at least know what happened to her and where she is..
a hug from Chile

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant