NY - Twins, boy and girl, 5, found dead in Bronx apartment, no signs of obvious trauma, Mount Hope, 18 Dec 2023

This just happened in Washington state as well - at Evergreen State College, someone died in the dorm buildings due to carbon monoxide and three others were hospitalized due to exposure. It happens a lot this time of year due to propane stoves and heating.

I knew parents of a baby who were washing baby bottles in the dishwasher and the soap wasn't being rinsed out properly. The baby got sick and it took a while to figure out the cause.
Could this be a chemical exposure where small amounts over time lead to illness then death?

Maybe one twin died first, the mum was in shock or didn't know what to do, and then the second twin died later on, for example the next day.

It's still very unusual, but it could be the case they didn't die at the same time, rather they were reported dead at the same time.

Extremely odd for them to die at the same time ( even a day or so later). Im thinking poisoning of some kind maybe they got to something in the house like a cleaning agent or something similar and shared it between each other consuming it at the same time would explain dying close to one another.
Although being sick for a week is baffling if poison ( whatever it was) was consumed would it make them sick for a week and then after a weekdie? Maybe they consumed more while being sick at home.
Could also be something at school but I think that’s less likely.

Last edited:
As we saw in Lori Vallow's trial, it can also be caused by suffocation.

MOO

I don't think the need for seeking hospitalization could be "missed" with rabies, and they likely wouldn't die on the same day, but I am just guessing.

Rabies can act pretty fast in small children. If they were exposed at the same time, and had never been diagnosed and treated, they could die together. It's just so rare though, that it doesn't seem possible. And yet, the symptoms sound like rabies.

Rabies can act pretty fast in small children. If they were exposed at the same time, and had never been diagnosed and treated, they could die together. It's just so rare though, that it doesn't seem possible. And yet, the symptoms sound like rabies.

Rats in the apartment building?

Unvaccinated dog in the neighborhood?

Just sticking with the Reyes syndrome folks with sitting in the proverbial fence, awaiting answers.

jmho ymmv lrr

Rats in the apartment building?

Unvaccinated dog in the neighborhood?

Just sticking with the Reyes syndrome folks with sitting in the proverbial fence, awaiting answers.

jmho ymmv lrr
Rabies was also my first thought, for the reasons you stated as possible.
ETA: very sick/flu with breathing issues can lead to foaming.

Candi McDonald, 38, who lives next door to the family, said the mother’s screams had woke her. Startled, she walked out of her apartment to find neighbors gathered in the hallway. They were consoling the mother, who sat sobbing on the steps.

Ms. McDonald asked what had happened. A moment later, she understood: She saw officers in the woman’s apartment, and the boy lifeless on the floor. “It’s just sad,” she said. “I feel terrible.”

Maira Bonet, 50, who lives on the block, said the mother once gave Ms. Bonet’s daughter a tablet for her birthday. Ms. Bonet thanked her by giving the twins clothes, remote-control cars and baby dolls.

When Ms. Bonet heard Monday that the children were dead, she screamed.

Clinical Rabies, LA County Dept of Health:
The incubation period in humans is typically between 20 and 90 days, although incubation periods as short as 4 days and longer than 6 years have been documented. This variation is probably related to the site of inoculation, the severity of the wound, and the amount of virus introduced.

CDC Signs and symptoms of rabies
In dogs, pica can manifest in furious rabies.
"Furious rabies occurs when the rabid dog becomes aggressive, highly excitable, and displays evidence of a depraved appetite, eating and chewing stones, earth, and rubbish (pica). Paralysis eventually sets in and the rabid animal may be unable to eat and drink."
Rabies in Dogs

Last edited:

*eta: The children's father is a home health attendant who had urged his wife to take them to the emergency room.

'She was an active participant in their medical care, an active participant in their schooling.

'Neighbors say she was doting, and they were a quiet, loving family. At this time, until the ME (medical examiner) says something different, it just appears to be a medical tragedy.

Last edited:
Another thing that’s weird about this is that little kids don’t know to cover their tracks. Let’s say they got into antifreeze or something. It would be spilled everywhere. The same with some sort of prescription drug, you would find them.

Back to this article from page 1 of thread -
(Assuming true information but it could change, IMO):

- No preliminary signs of strangulation
- Boy had cold symptoms for 1 to 2 weeks and sent home from school for vomiting
- Girl had ear infection, vomiting, and unusual behaviors (biting, spitting)
- Both had "foaming" at nose and mouth when discovered
- Evidence of CO not found

Recently I was watching forensic files and there was an episode where a toddler died of poisoning and nothing was found to be the obvious cause.
It turned it the toddler ate paint from the wall / patio got sick and later died being sick for sometime and vomiting. Her name was Sunday James Abek. Maybe something like that could have happened here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59
Back