FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t putting a body in a dumpster/skip incredibly risky ? Also when it’s emptied the chance of operatives spotting a body also ? Of course if the victim is in something secure it’s maybe more doable
I really don't think it's terribly risky. There was so much construction going on in/around Mosaic at the time, but also, there are just dumpsters everywhere. I don't think anyone would think anything about somebody dumping a large cardboard box, carpet, etc. in a dumster. (Maybe I lived in a big city too long. I don't think anyone, ever, would give a second thought to anyone standing in a dumpster, emptying car loads of items into a dumpster, going through a dumpster, setting a dumpster on fire..... in Chicago.)

Anyway, most of the smaller dumpsters, like outside of apartment buildings, are never seen by humans. At least in Chi Town. They're emptied by the arm of the truck. No one sees their contents. (The reason people are crushed to death in dumpsters not that infrequently.)

Last edited:
This has always been a very high profile, frustrating case - especially with the video. I can’t imagine what Jennifer’s family has gone through.

There are now thirteen threads here on WS. It’s been way way too long. I would be surprised if the perp in JK’s case didn’t go on to commit similar crimes. This person needs to be caught

If there is dna, has anybody tried to get @othram involved? They might be able to pull off a miracle. Jennifer and her family deserve justice

Jmo
Maybe he's out of the country. Committing crime there?

I really don't think it's terribly risky. There was so much construction going on in/around Mosaic at the time, but also, there are just dumpsters everywhere. I don't think anyone would think anything about somebody dumping a large cardboard box, carpet, etc. in a dumster. (Maybe I lived in a big city too long. I don't think anyone, ever, would give a second thought to anyone standing in a dumpster, emptying car loads of items into a dumpster, going through a dumpster, setting a dumpster on fire..... in Chicago.)

Anyway, most of the smaller dumpsters, like outside of apartment buildings, are never seen by humans. At least in Chi Town. They're emptied by the arm of the truck. No one sees their contents. (The reason people are crushed to death in dumpsters not that infrequently.)
You would need to know when it’s being emptied. Otherwise it’s very risky because you don’t know how long the body will be in there rotting and giving off odor.

Yes, I just don't see it as particularly risky. I think a LOT of bodies are gotten rid of that way. Unless it would start smelling within a couple of hours, such as if this happened during the Orlando summer. Even then, the real risk is getting caught in the act. As someone who's dumped a lot of things in Dumpsters over their lifetime, I must say, I've never gotten caught! Loads of stuff. Big enough to hide a body in.

Yes, I just don't see it as particularly risky. I think a LOT of bodies are gotten rid of that way. Unless it would start smelling within a couple of hours, such as if this happened during the Orlando summer. Even then, the real risk is getting caught in the act. As someone who's dumped a lot of things in Dumpsters over their lifetime, I must say, I've never gotten caught! Loads of stuff. Big enough to hide a body in.

If they find a body in a dumpster, it will most likely have all kinds of forensic evidence so thats a huge risk too. I guarantee you that whoever’s dumpster you’re putting large objects in notices even if they don’t catch you. They’re paying for the service and need it to run their business.

Drew and Joyce’s 18 year update :(

January 2024

18 years! Jennifer Kesse was Abducted/Taken on January 24, 2006, 18 years ago this week, and remains Missing to this day! We Love you Jennifer and we miss you so much. Pretty difficult to comprehend even after 18 years. To this family it still feels very much like yesterday and to this day we continue to fight for Jennifer’s return every day in every way. It is almost inconceivable that with today’s technology we are challenged just as much as we were 18 yrs ago, mind baffling really. That will not stop us from fighting for Jennifer until we find her or pass away ourselves. No person should go “Unfound” in our country, no one!

As far as the investigation is concerned we are pretty much in the dark. We have had to put great trust in FDLE , our state law enforcement agency, however after 14 months of them having the case we really know very little of their actions or gains in the case?? Pretty crappy place to be honestly. Leads continue to come in still after 18 yrs maybe one day someone will have the “Balls” to do the right thing and call in the Real information needed to locate Jennifer. Can’t imagine being the person or persons who have known for 18 yrs what happened to Jennifer and not speak up?. How does one actually go through life knowing you have first Abducted a human being then most likely killed her, how? Surely someone knows the real facts and yet refuses to speak? We don’t think you just throw murder to the back of one’s mind and forget about it and functionally live unless one is a Terrorist.

To the general public and media who have never given up on Jennifer and whom have supported her and this family for 18 years, we are incredibly humbled by your caring, sharing and continued belief that we will find Jennifer and bring her home. Thank you for walking with us through Hell while we desperately try to locate our loved one in a world that is in total turmoil itself. Thank you for the prayers which have been said for Jennifer they need to touch just One person to speak up for this to all end.

We also appreciate our family and friends who have stood by us for so many years. We know it is tiring and old however we also know Jennifer is so worth the fight. We thank you for understanding and not walking away because we’ve done this for way too long and probably would have destroyed many other families . It is the LOVE we have for ourselves first then each other that has kept us strong.

So we will continue the fight hopefully with your continued support until we have Jennifer with us again. It will be only then we will rest. Be the difference and step up and simply tell someone the truth. We’re not interested in anything this Universe has in store for the person/persons who did this to our daughter, we just want Jennifer, dead or alive and we will go away. But not until then-Ever.

Thanking you for the past, present and future,
Drew and Joyce Kesse

My thoughts on this case is even if the authorities figure out who did it (they may already know) the public and family won’t get answers until there is an arrest. I doubt they will make an arrest until her remains are found. I remember watching this in 2006 when she first went missing, and I honestly can’t believe it’s been so long. I hope I’m mistaken, but I doubt there will be answers in this case.

A theory I haven't heard anyone talk about is that Jennifer was abducted/killed solely for the use of her car. A person who has no car, and wants to be somewhere, go somewhere, pick something or someone up, may resort to stealing a car to get there. It is much easier to take a car when you can get the keys from the owner too. I recall the car was gone for 4 hours, if it was taken in the morning - so a 2 hour roundtrip somewhere. Maybe there were other car thefts in that area before or after that timeframe.

This is new info, I think, since last we heard was they found over 100 prints on her car and a potential struggle on the hood. Who knows if it’s accurate since it’s not the police saying it though. Th family is being kept in the dark again.

Her uncle, Bill Gilmour, told FOX News Digital in 2023, that the Orlando Police Department (OPD) claimed "that there wasn't … any evidence or nothing of consequence with [her] car.”

On Tuesday, Kesse’s parents, Drew and Joyce, posted the following statement on the Facebook page “Find Jennifer Kesse”:
76f5bf0bcb47232c89576673c9638c23

Pat Brown (profiler) did a recent video on Jennifer's case. Iirc, a pizza worker's involvement into the disappearance of JK has never been mentioned before. I haven't kept up with the case over the years so correct me if this is incorrect info. However, PB's theory makes a lot of sense.

Many were focused on construction workers, and definitively I understand why, but since the pizza worker theory has been brought into the equation it speaks volumes! jmo

Pat Brown (profiler) did a recent video on Jennifer's case. Iirc, a pizza worker's involvement into the disappearance of JK has never been mentioned before. I haven't kept up with the case over the years so correct me if this is incorrect info. However, PB's theory makes a lot of sense.

Many were focused on construction workers, and definitively I understand why, but since the pizza worker theory has been brought into the equation it speaks volumes! jmo

Just watched the video and thought it was great! She echoed a lot of my own thoughts but added new info/ideas I hadn't considered.

I really liked how she defended the workers and pointed out that you get bad people in all races. I've always thought there has been way too much focus on these construction workers seemingly just because they were immigrants. Yes, it is reasonable to suspect them but with no evidence besides Jennifer saying they made her uncomfortable it's not really fair to get tunnel vision and only zero in on them and not consider other people. I've seen them being described as "dodgy" even by the Kesse family but what exactly makes them dodgy? Her brother said he tried to talk to them when they were sat in the van and they didn't even acknowledge him, well no **** if a man was pounding on my vehicle's window I'd ignore him until he left too. I was happy to hear Pat mention that also.

I did wonder if the crime had occurred the night before because, to me, it was perfectly conceivable the shower could still be wet the next day by the time her family arrived. I think Pat has convinced me otherwise now however it's still a possibility, for example the perp may have taken her somewhere and held her captive overnight before killing her and then dumping the car the following afternoon?

RE the location of the car, I've often thought that perhaps the perp intended to drop it back off at the place he took her from (bold move but possible) but got the wrong complex, hence why it was parked so close to her condo. Heck, he may have even asked someone else to do it and gave them a general idea of where to drop it and this person took it to the wrong complex? However the idea that he worked close by and therefore didn't want to dump the car too far away is a good one and not something I had considered!

I also wanted to highlight that she said the CCTV showed the suspect in all white clothing but it's been established this camera shows nearly every article of clothing as white, even when it's quite dark. We can't be sure of the colour except that it isn't black. (correct me if I'm wrong though please!)

The pizza worker theory is certainly interesting and if it hasn't already been explored by LE I hope they consider it

Just some thoughts after watching the video and recently looking into this case again!

Just watched the video and thought it was great! She echoed a lot of my own thoughts but added new info/ideas I hadn't considered.

I really liked how she defended the workers and pointed out that you get bad people in all races. I've always thought there has been way too much focus on these construction workers seemingly just because they were immigrants. Yes, it is reasonable to suspect them but with no evidence besides Jennifer saying they made her uncomfortable it's not really fair to get tunnel vision and only zero in on them and not consider other people. I've seen them being described as "dodgy" even by the Kesse family but what exactly makes them dodgy? Her brother said he tried to talk to them when they were sat in the van and they didn't even acknowledge him, well no **** if a man was pounding on my vehicle's window I'd ignore him until he left too. I was happy to hear Pat mention that also.

I did wonder if the crime had occurred the night before because, to me, it was perfectly conceivable the shower could still be wet the next day by the time her family arrived. I think Pat has convinced me otherwise now however it's still a possibility, for example the perp may have taken her somewhere and held her captive overnight before killing her and then dumping the car the following afternoon?

RE the location of the car, I've often thought that perhaps the perp intended to drop it back off at the place he took her from (bold move but possible) but got the wrong complex, hence why it was parked so close to her condo. Heck, he may have even asked someone else to do it and gave them a general idea of where to drop it and this person took it to the wrong complex? However the idea that he worked close by and therefore didn't want to dump the car too far away is a good one and not something I had considered!

I also wanted to highlight that she said the CCTV showed the suspect in all white clothing but it's been established this camera shows nearly every article of clothing as white, even when it's quite dark. We can't be sure of the colour except that it isn't black. (correct me if I'm wrong though please!)

The pizza worker theory is certainly interesting and if it hasn't already been explored by LE I hope they consider it

Just some thoughts after watching the video and recently looking into this case again!
I've always believed the car and where it was, and wasn't, found is the missing piece. I agree it was left there by someone who got the description of where to leave it wrong. Which begs the key question, why bring it back at all? The answer, to me, is to make it look like Jennifer disappeared from her residence, not from wherever she actually did. Following that logic, wherever she was must link back to the perpetrator. So she was abducted either from where she went the night before or that morning from work or from a stop on the way to work. Either way, the perpetrator knew her, and whereabouts she lived. If from work, it may have been premeditated, especially if they were the only ones there. Perhaps someone 'forgot' a file at home or other location and she drove them together to get it, never to be seen again. Or it started innocently, and hit the fan when they reached the second location.

I don't think the person on video is directly involved or even knew the significance of the car or whose it was. It sounds like a "hey man, here's 20 bucks to leave this car at the condos by the xyz. I told my xyz I'd drop it off, but forgot I have a dental appt, final exam, visit to my PO, lost my license, etc. and can't do it." The driver followed through because he knew he'd see the asker again. The driver wasn't thinking "I wonder if I walk down the street the camera will catch me incompletely and I'll be the luckiest POI ever." He either wasn't aware of, or wasn't concerned about the cameras; didn't realize Jennifer lived there, and likely didn't know there was a Jennifer in the first place. Not everyone follows the news, and seeing a piece (or poster) about a missing woman wouldn't mean anything to the driver unless it showed the car. At that point, he's not going to the police for fear of arrest, blackmail, deportation, the perpetrator, losing his spouse/kids/job, or any combo thereof. It's possible he doesn't even know he's on a video. If he does, he's no longer in the area. I'm using "he" here, as I see a young adult male, but you never know.

I haven't seen the pizza video so not sure what context it's in, but a couple of pizza delivery drivers who knew each other peripherally would make the above drop off possible. Yet, Jennifer wasn't stopping by for a slice at a closed pizzeria before 9am, and a delivery the night before doesn't make sense if she herself took her car. My sense is it's personal, and the timing isn't coincidental. Her returning from vacation is important, someone was stewing while she was gone and/or snapped once she was back. Within hours. My guess is she left that morning, and investigators know where she went or was headed. It follows that more information about the car is known. There's a waiting game on proof, but I'd bet a suspect has been identified. It could still be one of the workers who then enlisted the help of an unknowing drop off driver, but would she would have given one of them a ride out of the complex? I think a fuller scenario lies in unreleased camera/video from the complex. Two heads in a car isn't conclusive, but would narrow down when (and potentially to where) she left.

Please correct me if I am wrong - but I recall her car being seen driving erratically in the morning. I think it was rather close to her home and someone even reported glimpsing a struggle inside (like two people grabbing the wheel), but I don't think it was ever confirmed (and I might misremember to begin with).

Now if she was alive in the car in the morning (to cause the "erratically") then I feel like the perp was either waiting for her in her car (someone who knows her well enough to know to do that) and started driving after having e.g tied her up or similar; or it was someone she picked up on her way to work for some reason (more likely to be a pre-arranged thing with someone she knows); or maybe she was ambushed in the parking lot before she even got in (this is quite risky, so close to so many windows). Unlikely that a simple car drop-off would stand out like that.

I might of course misremember the details here! All just MOO.

Please correct me if I am wrong - but I recall her car being seen driving erratically in the morning. I think it was rather close to her home and someone even reported glimpsing a struggle inside (like two people grabbing the wheel), but I don't think it was ever confirmed (and I might misremember to begin with).

Now if she was alive in the car in the morning (to cause the "erratically") then I feel like the perp was either waiting for her in her car (someone who knows her well enough to know to do that) and started driving after having e.g tied her up or similar; or it was someone she picked up on her way to work for some reason (more likely to be a pre-arranged thing with someone she knows); or maybe she was ambushed in the parking lot before she even got in (this is quite risky, so close to so many windows). Unlikely that a simple car drop-off would stand out like that.

I might of course misremember the details here! All just MOO.
I agree. MOO...Her attacker(s) was aware of her movements and had been stalking her. They knew what time she left for work and knew there were no security cameras in the complex, They also knew the parking lot was void of people in that time of the morning and they could ambush her at her vehicle. Again, MOO, but they abducted her, did whatever they did to her and returned the vehicle to where it was found AFTER wiping it down to eliminate their prints and DNA. I also believe she was disposed of in a pre-planned location where she will probably never be found. I believe the car's final location was near where they lived or worked.

I've always believed the car and where it was, and wasn't, found is the missing piece. I agree it was left there by someone who got the description of where to leave it wrong. Which begs the key question, why bring it back at all? The answer, to me, is to make it look like Jennifer disappeared from her residence, not from wherever she actually did. Following that logic, wherever she was must link back to the perpetrator. So she was abducted either from where she went the night before or that morning from work or from a stop on the way to work. Either way, the perpetrator knew her, and whereabouts she lived. If from work, it may have been premeditated, especially if they were the only ones there. Perhaps someone 'forgot' a file at home or other location and she drove them together to get it, never to be seen again. Or it started innocently, and hit the fan when they reached the second location.

I don't think the person on video is directly involved or even knew the significance of the car or whose it was. It sounds like a "hey man, here's 20 bucks to leave this car at the condos by the xyz. I told my xyz I'd drop it off, but forgot I have a dental appt, final exam, visit to my PO, lost my license, etc. and can't do it." The driver followed through because he knew he'd see the asker again. The driver wasn't thinking "I wonder if I walk down the street the camera will catch me incompletely and I'll be the luckiest POI ever." He either wasn't aware of, or wasn't concerned about the cameras; didn't realize Jennifer lived there, and likely didn't know there was a Jennifer in the first place. Not everyone follows the news, and seeing a piece (or poster) about a missing woman wouldn't mean anything to the driver unless it showed the car. At that point, he's not going to the police for fear of arrest, blackmail, deportation, the perpetrator, losing his spouse/kids/job, or any combo thereof. It's possible he doesn't even know he's on a video. If he does, he's no longer in the area. I'm using "he" here, as I see a young adult male, but you never know.

I haven't seen the pizza video so not sure what context it's in, but a couple of pizza delivery drivers who knew each other peripherally would make the above drop off possible. Yet, Jennifer wasn't stopping by for a slice at a closed pizzeria before 9am, and a delivery the night before doesn't make sense if she herself took her car. My sense is it's personal, and the timing isn't coincidental. Her returning from vacation is important, someone was stewing while she was gone and/or snapped once she was back. Within hours. My guess is she left that morning, and investigators know where she went or was headed. It follows that more information about the car is known. There's a waiting game on proof, but I'd bet a suspect has been identified. It could still be one of the workers who then enlisted the help of an unknowing drop off driver, but would she would have given one of them a ride out of the complex? I think a fuller scenario lies in unreleased camera/video from the complex. Two heads in a car isn't conclusive, but would narrow down when (and potentially to where) she left.

I've gone back and forth on whether the perp was known to her or not, it's a tough one. The ex is an interesting angle that I haven't seen many discuss. He was friends with her brother and they, along with a third person I believe, had been staying at her condo whilst she was away with Rob, so at the very least we know he's aware of where she lives and would know she was due back soon. I've read that whilst he had a new girlfriend, he took the break up badly and still had feelings for Jennifer. If he was drinking at a bar local to her that night is it really hard to believe he may have decided to visit her for whatever reason in his drunken state? Could an altercation have occurred if she rejected him? Maybe she wanted to try and clear the air and agreed to go for a drive with him or drop him off at his place and something happened thereafter? Obviously I don't know the specifics of LE's investigation so they may have spoken to him and ruled him out already but I'd like to know if they went in depth and how he was ruled out exactly, hopefully it wasn't just a polygraph elimination...

I tend to agree that the person caught on camera was asked to dump the car there and perhaps even now is completely unaware of the significance, or is and afraid to speak up. It's just too strange that if this was the perp they'd so blatantly park the car where they did and casually walk away in view of a camera, not knowing the camera took photos rather than video and that their face would be obscured in every shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant