Trinity Poague, Reigning Miss Donalsonville (GA) Facing Murder Charges in the Death of a Young Child - 19 Jan 2024

Methinks there will be more distancing to come. From your Donalsonville News link:

Poague graduated with honors from Southwest Georgia Academy in Damascus last year. Prior to these charges she was the reigning Miss Donalsonville and recently participated in the National Peanut Festival Pageant held in late October. She also was attending Georgia Southwestern State University in Americus, where she was chosen as one of the 22 Freshmen to be part of the President Jimmy Carter Leadership Program last August.
Oh absolutely!

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I just keep trying to imagine myself in the position that I felt compelled to take a child’s life. How does that happen? What is going on in your brain? How do you live with yourself? I literally cannot wrap my head around it.
Poor baby. He deserved better than all the chaos surrounding him. Children carry the consequences of the behaviors around them. Awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just keep trying to imagine myself in the position that I felt compelled to take a child’s life. How does that happen? What is going on in your brain? How do you live with yourself? I literally cannot wrap my head around it.
Poor baby. He deserved better than all the chaos surrounding him. Children carry the consequences of the behaviors around them. Awful.
I will never understand. I am a SAHM and have four kids. They are 5 and under, and all boy! Not once did it cross my mind to do something like that.

Right? I can think of a cumulative one time I saw a baby in a dorm and it was mine when dropping something off for a friend. Someone should have stepped in a long time ago. This little girl was playing house with a grown man and wasn’t ready for the responsibility. Scary.
I don't think we have enough details to know she was playing house, but I get what you mean. Don't think he lived there, maybe stayed overnight occasionally. Also, he's only 23 so not that much age difference between the two.

It's been said this relationship was on the DL - not sure why? But I'm curious to learn who all knew she was seeing him and how often she would have been left alone with the baby. Someone upthread linked her tik tok account, there was a video of her dancing with him. IMO, she was really rough - yanking his little arms around, hitting his face while doing so. To me the baby looked scared - not enjoying that dance at all.

I don't think we have enough details to know she was playing house, but I get what you mean. Don't think he lived there, maybe stayed overnight occasionally. Also, he's only 23 so not that much age difference between the two.

It's been said this relationship was on the DL - not sure why? But I'm curious to learn who all knew she was seeing him and how often she would have been left alone with the baby. Someone upthread linked her tik tok account, there was a video of her dancing with him. IMO, she was really rough - yanking his little arms around, hitting his face while doing so. To me the baby looked scared - not enjoying that dance at all.
I agree she was too rough with that baby. I was thinking that was a different baby though. I'll have to re-watch.

I know a magistrate judge can not set bond on a superior case in GA which is generally the first appearance that is given within the jail in the first 72 hours it seems to me that is why she was automatically denied bond. Does that mean she automatically has to go before a superior court judge within 10 days or does a motion have to be filed first ?

<modsnip - no link>

I apologize for offending with the playing house comment. I just know how easy it is for men to have younger women watching their kids and taking on responsibilities that aren’t their own because they love the guy. 5 years is a long time to mature, even if it doesn’t seem like a big age gap, a lot of brain development happens then.
Sucks that her parents didn’t even know; wonder if she knew they’d freak out.
This is taking up a lot of my brain space recently.
I hate this for the sweet little boy. Trinity and his dad aside, he deserved the world.

On Jan. 14 at Oaks 2 dorms on GSW’s campus, police said 18-month-old Jaxton Dru was found unresponsive and later died at the hospital. WALB did speak with GSW students who said they heard something unusual on the day of the infant’s death in their dorms.

“That kid was crying for a long time until everyone said that suddenly it just stopped. And no one knew what happened,” said Lilly Waterman, a GSW student.

She was just doors away from Poague’s room when she heard baby Dru crying for what she said was well over an hour. Poague was a freshman at GSW. Waterman said Poague was dating Dru’s father at the time. Now, the campus is left with a connection to a mysterious murder.

On Jan. 14 at Oaks 2 dorms on GSW’s campus, police said 18-month-old Jaxton Dru was found unresponsive and later died at the hospital. WALB did speak with GSW students who said they heard something unusual on the day of the infant’s death in their dorms.

“That kid was crying for a long time until everyone said that suddenly it just stopped. And no one knew what happened,” said Lilly Waterman, a GSW student.

She was just doors away from Poague’s room when she heard baby Dru crying for what she said was well over an hour. Poague was a freshman at GSW. Waterman said Poague was dating Dru’s father at the time. Now, the campus is left with a connection to a mysterious murder.

That is so sad. There is no excuse. That baby did not deserve any of that.

It's strange that the article refers to him as "Dru". Everywhere else I've read about him, he's called Jaxton or J.D. (for Jaxton Drew) Williams. Or Romeo, by the birth mother's family, which is understandable IMO.

I guess it's just a technicality but to me, his name is important.

It's strange that the article refers to him as "Dru". Everywhere else I've read about him, he's called Jaxton or J.D. (for Jaxton Drew) Williams. Or Romeo, by the birth mother's family, which is understandable IMO.

There are alot of strange things going on here.

Totally agree! It’s one thing if it’s a last name/ paternity deal. But this is the baby’s entire name? If he’s interred, how are people supposed to remember and refer to him. If his name is a point of contention, I can’t imagine how the rest of his life is.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pulih
Back