MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. A lot of forensic evidence is preserved in cold and freezing conditions.

I think all three "fell asleep" (from their pov - they may have instead been experiencing effects of some toxin, probably alcohol). It's very hard waiting. Most street drugs would leave paraphernelia/bags etc nearby and LE seems to be signalling there's no sign of that.
Which signals?

In this case there was a 'witness' ..someone on scene that found a dead body, as well as a dead body also on scene. I think that's enough..
Could go even further and explain that it wasn't their residence, the people were younger than most natural causes of death, and the fact that the vehicles of the people are there as well (while they were all missing and one found dead)
I don't think a warrant was exactly necessary in this case..

However I think I understand what you are getting at, correct me if I'm wrong..
So, if a welfare check has the purpose of checking to see if someone is alive and ok - more or less..and say Noone answers the door..typically there would be a response by LE that says they can't enter without a warrant (making a welfare check pointless almost).
Then you need reason for warrant. And I think this could be anything almost, for example piled up mail, or some other indication that normal goings-on have been neglected lately.
So in this case.. if we put the body being found aside and say that LE shows up and Noone had entered and they saw nothing that seems out of the normal.. then I think there's reason enough that multiple people (even ones having families n kids, jobs, etc.) Are all missing and Noone had heard from them when they would probly normally be home and at work, yet their vehicles are there. I think that is enough or very close to enough.
There is also Noone answering calls or messages from the 3 missing, nor the person renting the home.
Now with that added, there should be enough for a warrant.
All they need is a reason to believe someone is in danger, hurt, or unable to get to a phone.
They have 4 people seemingly unresponsive at one location for a length of time. 3 of which don't even live there. Work is being missed.. etc. Those are pretty good signs that something is wrong, I think that would be reason to believe..
I dont think they really need much to get a warrant for that.
*Also, the homeowner or landlord could potentially let them in as well, no warrant necessary.
This was originally about questioning why the fiance broke in instead of requesting a welfare check. My response was that the police are not going to break into someone else's house on a welfare check. If I call the police and say my girlfriend hasn't come home for two days and she had gone to her mother's house. The police might (a big might) go over to her mother's house but they are not going to kick the door down if nobody answers or if her mother answers and says she's not there. They will break in in some cases on a welfare check for a resident.

To get a warrant, there has to be probable cause a crime has been committed.

I concluded the fiance's actions were the most effective action at the time, with the benefit of hindsight.

I sleep with a fan Year-round for white noise. In the winter I put a towel over it so it doesn’t blow around the room. So the fan never struck me as odd!
I used to do this but now I use a white noise app w/different sounds to choose from. Usually there’s a ”fan” but I have mine on “air conditioner.” It sounds like a fan.

I found where I read about the families saying JW ignored emails, texts, calls and Facebook messages sent to him.

"The victims’ families contend that Mr. Willis had ignored emails, calls, texts, Facebook messages and knocks at the door..."

JW's lawyer's denial of this is also included in this article...so back yet again to the question, what to believe?

So, there was a video posted somewhere above along with a second video but I can't recall who posted it ^^^ where Cuomo interviewed JW's lawyer. I'm sorry I've been searching on the NewsNation site to find Cuomo interviews but not having luck finding him. Maybe Cuomo isn't on NewsNation and I've run out of time searching. The lawyer outlines the messages JW received over the course of those 3 days (Sun-Tues). He speaks of his settings being such that unknown callers come through as a Robocall. He specifies how many calls/messages JW received and which ones were Robocalls. I can't remember all the details. Maybe someone can find that video to post again.

So, there was a video posted somewhere above along with a second video but I can't recall who posted it ^^^ where Cuomo interviewed JW's lawyer. I'm sorry I've been searching on the NewsNation site to find Cuomo interviews but not having luck finding him. Maybe Cuomo isn't on NewsNation and I've run out of time searching. The lawyer outlines the messages JW received over the course of those 3 days (Sun-Tues). He speaks of his settings being such that unknown callers come through as a Robocall. He specifies how many calls/messages JW received and which ones were Robocalls. I can't remember all the details. Maybe someone can find that video to post again.
Thanks, I'll look for it. Gotta tell you though, believing that lawyer is quite hard considering all the bouncing around he's done, just unbelievable.

Of course the autopsy and toxicology reports are extremely important concerning the deaths, but so is the technology - the electronics will also be key to the case.

What happened and what were all their movements prior to the deaths of the young men will be of interest to the investigators despite what is being said about the renter not responding to knocks at the door, text messages, and so on...

Curious to know if the show Jeopardy was actually played that night/morning.

Technology doesn't lie, and it will be interesting to see (if the information is even made public) their footstep activity made in the house... who left the house, and at what time, did anyone come back to the house, were there any attempts to get back in the house?

Where did the men mainly hang out together during their gathering?

What did neighbors’ surveillance cameras reveal?

idk, my thoughts, only....

Someone on this forum (from NY, I think) says that yes, Jeopardy is replayed at late hours where she is (I think she said it starts at 12:05 in NY). I would assume the same for MO.

I agree the electric/digital footprint will be important here, depending of course on CoD.

IMO.

*I saw this article a day or so ago. I‘ll just drop this here. Though not particularly relevant, the article does have some interesting info re:hypothermia.

Doctors say that it is impossible for a completely frozen person to make a recovery. But it is possible for someone who appears frozen — limbs stiff, skin cold and hard, and without a pulse or breath — to be resuscitated, depending on how long the person has been out in the cold.

“If all the tissue in your body is ice, or has ice in it, then you’re not coming back,” said Ken Zafren, a physician and a professor of emergency medicine at Stanford University, who also works in Alaska. But, he added, “I’ve seen plenty of cases in which the person really looked dead, and could come back.”

During hypothermia, an adult’s body temperature can cool well below the normal average of 98.6 degrees, Dr. Zafren said. A person’s pulse and breathing slow significantly, reducing the body’s need for oxygen. Eventually, the person may go into cardiac arrest, stopping the pulse and breathing altogether. But because the brain is cold, the lack of oxygen takes longer to cause damage, he said.

A person could persist in this state for several hours before being completely frozen, he added, noting a medical maxim: “No one is dead until they’re warm and dead.”

But not all emergency medical workers and doctors are familiar with the warming technique, Dr. Brugger said. He cited one case in which a 16-year-old girl found without a pulse after hours in the cold had been declared dead before extracorporeal warming was attempted. “An emergency physician tried to resuscitate on site, but this does not make sense, because if you don’t rewarm the body, you can resuscitate as long as you wish and it’s completely useless,” he added, noting that had the girl’s blood been rewarmed externally, she most likely would have survived.….

“Being mostly dead is being somewhat alive,” Dr. Zafren said. So far, doctors have been unable to pinpoint the precise point of no return, he added. “But what we do know is if you’re dead for too long, you don’t come back.”

Which signals?

Their statement that "there's no sign of foul play." Usually, if an illicit substance is visibly and testably present (LEOs have field test kits of course), it includes no sign of drug overdose (self-administered or other-administered, as in the case of contaminated drugs).

If there were contaminated marijuana or medications at the house, I'd think Kansas City PD would issue a public statement, to protect the public.

But they consistently say "no evidence of foul play" and indicate they are awaiting the toxicology report. I believe they've said this three times in different public statements. Same signal each time. No foul play. Could heavy drugs not be regarded as evidence of foul play in MO? That I don't know. But I am guessing it's the same as everywhere else.

No evidence of foul play. Pretty clear signal to me. Trained investigators, now days into the investigation, have not changed their messaging.

IMO. That can change, of course.

The man she saw was on the flagstone, whether laying on it or sitting in one of those chairs. It was not her fiance. The other two must have been on the ground a good distance away. The yard is quite a big area.
Where was the fiancee when she made this discovery? Inside the house? Outside on patio? I believe it was never confirmed where the other 2 men were discovered. If they were discovered in the grass section of the yard why would they be there? If on the concrete why were they not seen by the fiancee? The house looks to have a spotlight in the back. MOO

Also do we know for certainty how/where she entered the home? I remember earlier on reading that she entered thru the basement. Im assumming this window is on the left side of the house as part of that section is not visible in the exterior house pictures. MOO
The man she saw was on the flagstone, whether laying on it or sitting in one of those chairs. It was not her fiance. The other two must have been on the ground a good distance away. The yard is quite a big area.

Starts at the 2:00 mark. Lawyer saying JW has RoboCop on his phone. 8 calls got flagged I guess as not known, so bad and not put through I guess. Is that how RoboCop works?

Where was the fiancee when she made this discovery? Inside the house? Outside on patio? I believe it was never confirmed where the other 2 men were discovered. If they were discovered in the grass section of the yard why would they be there? If on the concrete why were they not seen by the fiancee? The house looks to have a spotlight in the back. MOO

Also do we know for certainty how/where she entered the home? I remember earlier on reading that she entered thru the basement. Im assumming this window is on the left side of the house as part of that section is not visible in the exterior house pictures. MOO
I've not heard that spoken about on MM so I cannot comment here on what I've read elsewhere.

Thank you. I've never heard the term used before.

Moo
These 4 men or 5 at the age past 30 likely knew the dangers of fake gas station display stuff, especially when the real flower available retail a couple miles away?

Illicit fentanyl and fake prescription pills are a continued concern for the Kansas City region. Overdose deaths caused by fentanyl poisonings are rising, which has led to the increase of unexpected loss and grief among families in the Kansas City community. Overall, both the states of Missouri and Kansas have seen an upward trend in drug-related overdose deaths.

Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services reported over 2,000 drug-related overdose deaths occurred in the state in 2021. Around 70% of these deaths were caused by synthetic opioids (non-heroin opioids according to the graph) like illicit fentanyl.
1706556228811.png

1706556193204.png

Last edited:

I think she entered the house thru a basement window. We do not know what she did after she entered the house. Did she check all of the rooms first before she looked out on the patio or did she somehow know the men had left the house so she went directly to the backyard windows/doors.

JMO

Starts at the 2:00 mark. Lawyer saying JW has RoboCop on his phone. 8 calls got flagged I guess as not known, so bad and not put through I guess. Is that how RoboCop works?

I use an app called “Robokiller” on my iPhone. It blocks any caller that is not on my contacts list, callers may leave a voice message, however it is a completely different voice mail box than my standard one. I do not check it on a daily basis.
The reason I use the screening app is that I had a consulting business about 4 years ago and I used my cell number for my business. When I dissolved my business I started getting a ton of spam calls trying to sell me things (goods, services etc) for my now defunct business.
As it turns out when I tried to register for the government do not call list, if you have or had a business linked to your phone number you cannot be put on the “do not call list for spam”.
Hence I researched apps and pay a yearly fee for the service, it works really good.
However sometimes weeks go by without me checking.
Perhaps JW used as a similar blocking service as he ran his own business, jmo.

Their statement that "there's no sign of foul play." Usually, if an illicit substance is visibly and testably present (LEOs have field test kits of course), it includes no sign of drug overdose (self-administered or other-administered, as in the case of contaminated drugs).

If there were contaminated marijuana or medications at the house, I'd think Kansas City PD would issue a public statement, to protect the public.

But they consistently say "no evidence of foul play" and indicate they are awaiting the toxicology report. I believe they've said this three times in different public statements. Same signal each time. No foul play. Could heavy drugs not be regarded as evidence of foul play in MO? That I don't know. But I am guessing it's the same as everywhere else.

No evidence of foul play. Pretty clear signal to me. Trained investigators, now days into the investigation, have not changed their messaging.

IMO. That can change, of course.
I see your point.

Thank you for this, it clears up the not seeing texts issue.
Maybe he was oblivious to everything around him especially if he was ”out of sorts” for a couple of days.

Was JW working though? That's the question, isn't it. Was he passed out in his bedroom for 2 days leaving "sporadically"? Or was he working and getting something to eat from the kitchen etc - the things that one does when they work from home?

exactly what i want to know! did he "clock in"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls