GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

The trial started today:

"Prosecutors delivered their opening statements, telling the jury the wealthy Los Angeles socialite and philanthropist 'floored' her car just before she mowed down and killed the two brothers while racing with her lover after cocktails together, then tried to flee the scene.

LA Deputy District Attorney Ryan Gould told the court 'those boys didn't have a chance' after Grossman got behind the wheel of her car while 'impaired with alcohol and Valium,' in the September 29, 2020 crash.

'She did not stop after hitting the kids – she continued down the road,' said Gould, adding that witnesses will tell the court that Grossman's white Mercedes was 'flying down the road' at 81mph before the accident.

And after an emergency operator told her that two young boys had been hit, 'she did not go back to the scene of the accident' from her car which ended up a quarter of a mile further on, he continued."

Also: "Rebecca Grossman's lover Scott Erickson 'stopped his vehicle and hid in the bushes' to observe what police were doing after the crash that killed the two Iskander boys, her attorney told the jury in a sensational new claim on Friday."

I really have to wonder why the husband of the perpetrator is still supporting her, after being outed for driving impaired and racing her "lover".
Seriously. And then bringing your 2 young adult kids to court every day with you. I love how her style has gone from sophisticated rich to cardigan wearing librarian too. What a charade.

I hope there’s justice for these boys’ family.

One of Grossman's attorneys, Tony Buzbee, countered that the evidence would show that Grossman is "not guilty because she didn't do anything and someone else did."

The defense attorney acknowledged that no one saw a vehicle driven seconds ahead of Grossman by former Dodgers pitcher Scott Erickson -- described by the prosecutor as Grossman's boyfriend -- strike the children, but said the defense will prove that Erickson's vehicle hit the children first, and the victims "hit Mrs. Grossman's car" about three seconds after the initial collision.

One of Grossman's attorneys, Tony Buzbee, countered that the evidence would show that Grossman is "not guilty because she didn't do anything and someone else did."

The defense attorney acknowledged that no one saw a vehicle driven seconds ahead of Grossman by former Dodgers pitcher Scott Erickson -- described by the prosecutor as Grossman's boyfriend -- strike the children, but said the defense will prove that Erickson's vehicle hit the children first, and the victims "hit Mrs. Grossman's car" about three seconds after the initial collision.

Really hard to believe or buy into, given the very specific damage to the front of Grossman's car. Just the shape that would come from the initial hit on two boys - who were thrown into the air and flew quite a distance (so that a second car following behind could not possibly hit them). On Planet Earth, physics simply bars this preposterous claim.

Further, she was so inebriated that she couldn't know this (and why is there no damage to the front of Erickson's car?)

I will be very surprised if the defense can introduce any evidence whatsoever that there was damage to the front of Erickson's car. Will he lie on the stand and take the fall for his sancha? Unlikely.

IMO.

Report of today's testimony:

The mother of two young brothers killed in a devastating car crash wept in court today as she recounted the horror of a speeding SUV prosecutors say was driven by wealthy Los Angeles socialite Rebecca Grossman slamming into her sons.

'She killed them,' sobbed Nancy Iskander, looking across the packed Van Nuys courtroom at Grossman as she relived the nightmare of watching helplessly when her boys Jacob, 8, and Mark, 11, were run down and mortally injured.

'Nobody stopped. Nobody came to help……She (Grossman) did not come back to the scene.'

Really hard to believe or buy into, given the very specific damage to the front of Grossman's car. Just the shape that would come from the initial hit on two boys - who were thrown into the air and flew quite a distance (so that a second car following behind could not possibly hit them). On Planet Earth, physics simply bars this preposterous claim.

Further, she was so inebriated that she couldn't know this (and why is there no damage to the front of Erickson's car?)

I will be very surprised if the defense can introduce any evidence whatsoever that there was damage to the front of Erickson's car. Will he lie on the stand and take the fall for his sancha? Unlikely.

IMO.

I am pretty sure that the romance is over.

Wow, this is interesting, the Mercedes-Benz was found 3/10 of a mile away from the accident, because of the safety feature on the Mercedes that "Automatically stopped the car after the airbags deployed".

So, if the car had not stopped, because of the safety feature, Mrs. Grossman would have obviously just kept on going. It isn't like she stopped after she hit the children, like a normal person, she kept going on, until the car stopped!!!

This is not looking good for her. I continue to be surprised that she didn't do a plea. Waiting to see what the defense plan is...the officer testified that only parts from a white Mercedes-Benz were found at the scene.

14370770_012924-kabc-4p-westlake-kids-struck-vid.jpg

In the Rebecca Grossman murder trial, a jury heard heart-wrenching testimony from the mother of two boys fatally struck as they crossed a street in Westlake Village.

"She told me that her vehicle was disabled by Mercedes-Benz," Mejia told jurors, saying that the airbags had gone off and that Grossman told him that she had hit something but she didn't know what she struck

14370770_012924-kabc-4p-westlake-kids-struck-vid.jpg

In the Rebecca Grossman murder trial, a jury heard heart-wrenching testimony from the mother of two boys fatally struck as they crossed a street in Westlake Village.

"She told me that her vehicle was disabled by Mercedes-Benz," Mejia told jurors, saying that the airbags had gone off and that Grossman told him that she had hit something but she didn't know what she struck

Those little boys’ pictures do me in every time. God bless those parents. Can’t imagine witnessing that accident.

Those little boys’ pictures do me in every time. God bless those parents. Can’t imagine witnessing that accident.

Yes, one little boy was thrown over 250 feet. Every bone in his body was broken.

The speed at this intersection is posted as 45 mph. And the accused was going over 70 mph.

That being said, it may not be a slam dunk.

Interesting, that the village started a safety campaign after the accident.

“Susan Manners described speeding vehicles that sounded “like a train” as she walked her regular loop around the lake that night. At one point, she had moved into the bike lane and tried to wave her arms to get their attention, she said.”

“If they didn’t disable my car, I would have been at home in my garage right now,” Grossman said, according to Grasso under questioning by Deputy Dist. Atty. Jamie Castro.”

She keeps changing her story, one time she stated she stopped and called 911 on her own. However, I am more inclined to believe that the car stopped automatically. And she was frantically angry with the roadside assistance team that called her to provide aid. That was documented in one news story.

I don't have it, but as the trial goes on, I have no doubt that we will hear that, as those calls are automatically recorded.

Has anyone seen any notes on how like the trial is expected to be?
I very, very strongly hope and pray that she is convicted and receives an adequate sentence.
* My opinions.

I read an op Ed, and it didn't seem like a slam dunk for several reasons.
Because she did not test positive for .08. And the defense is hammering that the kids were not "exactly" in the crosswalk, plus they were on roller skates...using a scooter.

I don't know. But they really need to stop this crazy racing.

I witnessed a bike/car accident yesterday. We live near a huge university and lots of traffic. A college student in a car hit a cyclist while the car was trying to get out of a parking lot onto a busy street. The cyclist looked ok, but their entire bike was under the car. The driver of the car was despondent. I wanted to get out and hug her. I mean she looked like she had just experienced the worst thing in her life and this was with the cyclist standing next to her…..And Rebecca Grossman literally killed two little kids and doesn’t show an ounce of emotion.

I witnessed a bike/car accident yesterday. We live near a huge university and lots of traffic. A college student in a car hit a cyclist while the car was trying to get out of a parking lot onto a busy street. The cyclist looked ok, but their entire bike was under the car. The driver of the car was despondent. I wanted to get out and hug her. I mean she looked like she had just experienced the worst thing in her life and this was with the cyclist standing next to her…..And Rebecca Grossman literally killed two little kids and doesn’t show an ounce of emotion.

Years ago, my friend was killed by a driver who should have never been driving. The woman who killed her was married to a wealthy man, she never got even a day of jail. I am afraid that this will have a similar outcome.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shonnellb
Back