MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the woman who went into the house says that she observed JW "come down the stairs" to answer the front door (so that seems to mean she was still in the house or standing near the front door - which sounds like it was closed, as the police "knock on it." Therefore, I believe she was still inside the house (where her two companions were, I don't know - she could have opened the front door and let them in, then closed it again). It was cold at 9-10 pm that night.

I do remember reading in more than one article that she observed him "come downstairs with a wine glass, in his boxers." That's how we know that (the girlfriend's account).

Now I can't remember when she discovers the two other bodies. What's she's been through is just horrific. JW says it was water in the wine glass.

IIRC, IMO.
She would have to have been in the house. The front doors have no windows and sightlines from the living wouldn't have given a decent view of the stairs if he only turned on the lights when he got to the front door. Although, it's possible she went out the front door and closed it and called the cops and was there when he opened the door.

Last edited:
I don't doubt your account here or in your previous post. And I may not have read as much as you have. But 1) I can't find anything that says definitively the fiancee who broke in was accompanied to the home by the two friends you describe. I have read accounts supplied by two friends to reporters but it's not clear (to me) they were actually there when she broke in. 2) The person who banged on the door was there banging earlier in the day per most reports. Did he not see the men's vehicles? Supposedly the fiancee broke in after discovering the vehicles were there that night. If he was such a close friend (the boyfriend of the fiancee's best friend) why wouldn't he have told her the vehicles were there earlier in the day? 3) I've honestly never read the fiancee was standing inside the house to see JW come down the stairs when LE arrived. If I'd found an unexpected dead body, I'd have left I'm pretty sure. And I'd think LE would have told her to leave too. 4) Lots of accounts say she only found one body, not all three. MOO

The account below is typical of what I've read. Also it seems to say the homeowner is in his 40's lives in Denver.

You're right. She may have gone by herself. That part of the story is embedded in speaking to NewsNation or Banfield, I believe. I don't have the patience to go look through those videos again. If AM was alone at 9 pm when she "knocked for 10 minutes" on the door, then the other incident (wherein AM goes with her BF and BF's boyfriend to the house and the boyfriend knocks for 20 minutes on the door" is the SECOND time that day that someone came to JW's house to look for the missing men.

What sticks at to me is that AWL is texted by both AM and by decedent Johnson's mother - at around 9 am. So surely they knew he had been over to the house the prior evening? I find it hard to believe they didn't know his criminal record - but perhaps not. Still, AWL is another long time friend since high school, which two of the decedents attended.

While trying to figure this out, I found a good timeline. DLT (another close friend of the group) goes to JW's house at 7 pm on the 9th. Knocks for 20 minutes (!) and gets no response - but that is not directly from his mouth, that's via his wife, who apparently wasn't there. When it was first reported, it sound as if the wife was there - but it's not at all clear that she was.

After that, it's fuzzy. Here's the timeline I'm using:

Notice that the timeline of AM's doings is "according to two friends" (are they repeating what she told them afterwards? if they weren't there, surely then it's a second hand report).

She arrives at the house at around 9 pm, knocks, looks around, breaks in through a basement window, etc. Police arrive at 9:51 (and somewhere it's reported that it took them about 10 minutes after the 911 call started - so she called 911 around 9:41).

It does sound like she's alone at the house. If she knocked on the door for a while, wouldn't she have also called out? It is peculiar that JW hears LE at the door but does not hear AM there. IMO.

And I would be the opposite. I would want to stay near my dead friend.
Yes you might want to stay near your dear friend (although I don't know if she would even recognize who it was in that split moment), but how would your body react to such a traumatic sight? Wouldn't it go into the acute stress response? Fight-flight-freeze-faint? IDK.
MOO.

The woman who called the police - did she call from the house? Or did she leave and call from outside?

Really looking forward to reading this police report.

IIRC, Willis' neighbor who was interviewed by the MSM said that she was outside of the house, in front of the house I think, when she was on her cell phone and she kept looking toward the back yard.

You're right. She may have gone by herself. That part of the story is embedded in speaking to NewsNation or Banfield, I believe. I don't have the patience to go look through those videos again. If AM was alone at 9 pm when she "knocked for 10 minutes" on the door, then the other incident (wherein AM goes with her BF and BF's boyfriend to the house and the boyfriend knocks for 20 minutes on the door" is the SECOND time that day that someone came to JW's house to look for the missing men.

What sticks at to me is that AWL is texted by both AM and by decedent Johnson's mother - at around 9 am. So surely they knew he had been over to the house the prior evening? I find it hard to believe they didn't know his criminal record - but perhaps not. Still, AWL is another long time friend since high school, which two of the decedents attended.

While trying to figure this out, I found a good timeline. DLT (another close friend of the group) goes to JW's house at 7 pm on the 9th. Knocks for 20 minutes (!) and gets no response - but that is not directly from his mouth, that's via his wife, who apparently wasn't there. When it was first reported, it sound as if the wife was there - but it's not at all clear that she was.

After that, it's fuzzy. Here's the timeline I'm using:

Notice that the timeline of AM's doings is "according to two friends" (are they repeating what she told them afterwards? if they weren't there, surely then it's a second hand report).

She arrives at the house at around 9 pm, knocks, looks around, breaks in through a basement window, etc. Police arrive at 9:51 (and somewhere it's reported that it took them about 10 minutes after the 911 call started - so she called 911 around 9:41).

It does sound like she's alone at the house. If she knocked on the door for a while, wouldn't she have also called out? It is peculiar that JW hears LE at the door but does not hear AM there. IMO.
Thanks for the additional info & timeline. It is murky. And the interactions with AWL are murky too. How did relatives know he had been there that night? Or did they contact him for other reasons?

I guess we don't know exactly when AM arrived or how long it took her to break in. I know accounts say she arrived at around/about 9pm. But if it was 9pm, & she was in the basement by say, 9:15, even if the house was unfamiliar to her (& we don't know if it was, do we?) I wouldn't have thought it would take over 25 minutes to spot the body on the porch IF it was as easy to spot as many here have suggested it must have been. She was looking for the missing people after all. JW likely wasn't during those 40+ hrs.

I don't know if the police arrived with lights and sirens but I suspect they did. If so, I can easily imagine those rousing JW pretty quickly, especially if he was in the master bedroom and the windows face the front. If he was upstairs, I can imagine he might not have heard AM call out from outdoors or even from indoors. (Accounts vary on when she did that and how loudly. One account says she "screamed" his name when inside [think that was a friend's acct] but others say she just "called out." I think the latter is more likely myself.)
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member