LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a plea deal will they still have to explain themselves? I need to understand what happened and how and why.
I don't like a plea deal because most likely the details will not come to light and they won't have to explain themselves. The case will quietly go away- and who knows what the sentence will be. I really wanted a trial but just knew that was not going to happen. These so called parents are beyond disgusting-

I don't agree a plea is necessarily better than nothing.

Sometimes there is an extraordinary reason that a jury or judge would understand, but the accused has been pressured or scared into a plea, and is then wrongly imprisoned. That's not right.

Also how can we stop things happening if we don't find out how and why they happen?

Can anyone make sure her childhood friends know? Maybe they can go to court?

I can't seem to find the article I remember where they said they wanted everyone to know that she once had friends. Does anyone know the one?

Better a plea deal than nothing!

I was seriously despairing that Justice for Lacey might never come.

Then so,
plea deal be it!

JMO

Here is why I dont like a plea-

They quietly abused her to death over a period of years.----
-and now they will quietly take a plea deal--
No one knew what horror was going on In that house
Day after horrible day they let her rot to death on their couch
Yet they presented an air of respectability outside of their home
In a word they are the dregs, they are scum
They should have to go to trial so the world knows what they did
A plea negates that opportunity--Laci deserves her story to be heard
And now it wont be heard
Just like the quiet horrid abuse, this case will quietly go away--
I can only hope the punishment fits the crime
But I doubt it will

Last edited:
Can anyone make sure her childhood friends know? Maybe they can go to court?

I can't seem to find the article I remember where they said they wanted everyone to know that she once had friends. Does anyone know the one?
Lacey Fletcher was last seen in public 15 years before her death, neighbors reveal | Daily Mail Online

Lacey Fletcher was last seen in public 15 years before her death, neighbors reveal | Daily Mail Online
That's not the one I was thinking of, but it's still useful thank you

Warning there's a graphic photo in there!

Does anyone know how to contact the Blades and see if they can go to sentencing? and if they know how to contact anyone else?

The district attorney's office is asking for the maximum sentence, 40 years. The sentencing hearing is scheduled for March 20.

I hope Lacey's years-long suffering is discussed heavily, and they receive the maximum sentence.

At the age of 14, her mother took her to clinical psychologist Donald Hoppe saying she suffered ‘severe social anxiety’, according to a letter from the medical expert to East Feliciana Parish coroner Dr Ewell Bickham and entered into court records.

Sheila shared information from another psychologist that ‘Lacey had a below average IQ and suffered from autism,’ said Dr Hoppe.

He saw her for 12 sessions between 2000 and 2002. In 2010 both Fletchers returned ‘and told me Lacey was refusing to leave the house and in fact had begun to refuse to leave the living room of the house’.

Dr Hoppe added: ‘They were bringing meals to her, and she was urinating and defecating on a towel on the floor. She had not bathed or washed her hair for an extended period of time. They wanted to know what they could do to help her.

‘I urged them to consider hospitalization for Lacey, and discussed with them the process for obtaining a commitment order so that Lacey could be taken from the house… even if she refused to go on her own.’ The psychologist said 2010 was the last time he had contact with the Fletchers.

**So the Dr. failed to follow through with them nor did he order a welfare check on Lacey.

Steven Moore said the Fletchers never intended to harm their daughter. ‘They were negligent, yes. It is clear they were negligent. They loved her to death, that is the true statement with the Fletchers. They loved their daughter to death,’ he said.

He admitted: ‘The things that happened to Lacey are horrible. But they cared for her daily. Sheila Fletcher would come home at lunch every day to care and eat lunch with her daughter every single day.

‘She slept on the couch, with her daughter every night.’

** how is that even possible?
The couch was disgusting!
It is highly unlikely that mom also slept there.

[snipped]

‘I urged them to consider hospitalization for Lacey, and discussed with them the process for obtaining a commitment order so that Lacey could be taken from the house… even if she refused to go on her own.’ The psychologist said 2010 was the last time he had contact with the Fletchers.

**So the Dr. failed to follow through with them nor did he order a welfare check on Lacey.
[snipped]

[above snipped by me for focus]
**I feel that is not a reasonable expectation of the Dr. He advised the parents on what to do and THEY failed to do it. MOO

**I agree, I find that highly incredible.

At the age of 14, her mother took her to clinical psychologist Donald Hoppe saying she suffered ‘severe social anxiety’, according to a letter from the medical expert to East Feliciana Parish coroner Dr Ewell Bickham and entered into court records.

Sheila shared information from another psychologist that ‘Lacey had a below average IQ and suffered from autism,’ said Dr Hoppe.

He saw her for 12 sessions between 2000 and 2002. In 2010 both Fletchers returned ‘and told me Lacey was refusing to leave the house and in fact had begun to refuse to leave the living room of the house’.

Dr Hoppe added: ‘They were bringing meals to her, and she was urinating and defecating on a towel on the floor. She had not bathed or washed her hair for an extended period of time. They wanted to know what they could do to help her.

Steven Moore said the Fletchers never intended to harm their daughter. ‘They were negligent, yes. It is clear they were negligent. They loved her to death, that is the true statement with the Fletchers. They loved their daughter to death,’ he said.

He admitted: ‘The things that happened to Lacey are horrible. But they cared for her daily. Sheila Fletcher would come home at lunch every day to care and eat lunch with her daughter every single day.

The defense attorney is right " they loved her TO DEATH"-- poor choice of words sir-- there was crusted feces in her EARS-- Of course mom did not sleep on the couch with Lacy--- I hope they get 40 years but I doubt it--- I am pleased they pled "no contest" since they have no defense whatsoever. Reading about her condition when found on that couch, is beyond anything one could imagine- maggots, feces, her scalp was red and crusted--- why go on- it is too horrible to read and then type about. THEY CARED FOR HER DAILY- seriously???? how dare he say that--

[above snipped by me for focus]
**I feel that is not a reasonable expectation of the Dr. He advised the parents on what to do and THEY failed to do it. MOO

**I agree, I find that highly incredible.
The Dr. is a mandated reporter. Mandated reporting would also apply to a disabled adult. Does anyone know if what they shared with the Dr. would have warranted a welfare check? One check and Lacey’s life could have been so different.

The defense attorney is right " they loved her TO DEATH"-- poor choice of words sir-- there was crusted feces in her EARS-- Of course mom did not sleep on the couch with Lacy--- I hope they get 40 years but I doubt it--- I am pleased they pled "no contest" since they have no defense whatsoever. Reading about her condition when found on that couch, is beyond anything one could imagine- maggots, feces, her scalp was red and crusted--- why go on- it is too horrible to read and then type about. THEY CARED FOR HER DAILY- seriously???? how dare he say that--

Agree 100%

The Dr. is a mandated reporter. Mandated reporting would also apply to a disabled adult. Does anyone know if what they shared with the Dr. would have warranted a welfare check? One check and Lacey’s life could have been so different.
while I get your thought process, I just feel like that Dr. who hadn't physically seen Lacey since 2002, didn't really have any other info in 2010 except what he was getting 3rd hand from her parents. He advised them of their options (commitment) and he never heard from them again. Prior to the 2010 conversation he hadn't seen Lacey as a patient in 8 years.

It can be very hard to get someone with mental health issues to follow treatment plans or even seek care in the first place. But there are processes in place to force the issue. I would be much more sympathetic if the parents had even once attempted to get guardianship or mental health conservatorship. They had the means and mom worked for the city so presumably she knew or had the means to know how to navigate the court process. I think they wanted to ignore a difficult problem and they ignored it quite literally to death.

Reading further- my blood is boiling now:
The defense attorney has the umitigated gall to state the following;

"They loved their daughter to a fault"
and this one
"Anyone with handicapped children can tell you these things happen. This is an extreme example of how that happened"
Really?????

Anyone with a handicapped child should be angry that someone would suggest that if you have a handicapped child- what happened to Lacy Fletcher could happen to your children because you know, this is what happens.

More clueless yak from this attorney: they had no intent to harm her- but they were negligent! So Mr. attorney what is the difference if they had intent or not- the result is so egregious, so hideous, so awful- and the ultimate result was her torment and suffering for years!!!

This defense attorney is why have come to detest defence attorneys: he should just shut up.

From the article:
Infested with maggots while she was still alive. This infestation included the area around her genitals.

Her body covered in pressure ulcers and suffering chronic bone infection with polarizable fibers (most likely fibers from the couch) and maggots embedded in the exposed surface of the bones.

Severe chronic neglect and chronic protein malnutrition and acute starvation.

Fecal matter, both crusted and fresh, present on the body including face, chest, abdomen, perineum, and extremities.

Extremely dirty, matted/knotted hair with feces and maggots. There were ‘insect bites to her left ear, face and arms’ that happened before she died.

Extremely matted into a 24 x 18-inch knotted ball and cannot be straightened.

Ears are extremely dirty with crusted feces.

Fingernails are natural, long and extremely dirty with underlying fecal material… the toenails are natural, long, curled under and extremely dirty with underlying fecal material.

Their attorney stated, "Sheila Fletcher would come home at lunch every day to care and eat lunch with her daughter every single day." Really, Sheila? Home for lunch but too bothered to wipe the *advertiser censored* off your daughter's face or get the maggots off her genitals? Forty years is the least you deserve.

Where is LACEY'S family? I saw all the people with the parents trying to shield them as they walked in. Where are Lacey's aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents? Why has no one stood up to tell us what a delight Lacey was? That she was a loss to her family and those that loved her? They would rather hope this all goes away but people in the justice community will not let Lacey be forgotten. I have directly contacted everyone in the Justice for Lacey Fletcher Facebook group asking them to please attend the March 20th hearing if possible. The judge needs to see that Lacey deserves justice and that is the maximum sentence of 40 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodhaven1