Height: 5' 6" - 6' 3" (66 - 75 Inches)
Weight: 150 - 160 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: August 14, 1984
NamUs Case Created: October 1, 2016
County: Hartford County
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Michael was last seen on 08/14/1984 in Bloomfield, CT at his mother's funeral. Family received a postcard from him from Florida in 09/1987. The last communication they have had with him was a postcard he sent postmarked 09/12/1987 from Knoxville, TN

Physical Description
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --
Left Eye Color: Blue
Right Eye Color: Blue

Distinctive Physical Features

Scar/mark: possible vaccination mark on one of his upper arms

Transportation
Style: --
Color: --
State: Connecticut
Licence Plate: --
Expiration Year: --
Comments: --

Family received a postcard from him from Florida in 09/1987. The last communication they have had with him was a postcard he sent postmarked 09/12/1987 from Knoxville, TN

Frustratingly little info here! For example, where in Florida was he? Did the postcard mention what he was doing there or with whom? Same thing for Knoxville.

Bumping, Michael has been missing for almost 38 years.

If anyone could post exclusions, please do (if there are any).

Funny, I live not far from this town and have never heard any mention of the case.

Maybe I can try reaching out to the local paper? Their website has one of those "submit a story suggestion" links, so it's worth a shot. At least let people know about him.

Funny, I live not far from this town and have never heard any mention of the case.

Maybe I can try reaching out to the local paper? Their website has one of those "submit a story suggestion" links, so it's worth a shot. At least let people know about him.
It wouldn't hurt to try! There is so little info on his case so getting an interview with a family member might make the story clearer.

Poor kid. Sounds like he just needed to get away after his mothers death, probably overcome with grief. Odd though that he disappeared from the actual funeral. Why didn't he go home with the family? If he left from the funeral then he'd be wearing, presumably, a black suit and have few personal possessions?

Does anyone find it strange that there's no contact for 3 years and then in 87 he sends 2 postcards I quick succession from Florida and Tennessee and then bam..nothing else? It looks vaguely like he was sort of headed East, but who knows to start looking!

Reread mother's obituary and I want to point out that he was living in Vernon, CT at the time. Vernon is about 20min away from Bloomfield. Clearly he was independent and living on his own, but he wasn't far from family.
Why go to Florida? And then Tennessee?

Also can anyone with access to Ancestry try to find more about him? Middle name, DOB, school etc.?
Maybe try to find a yearbook photo too? The ones available are old.

I am in CT and I have never even heard of this case i'm a little familiar with the bloomfield area.
it said he was living in vernon at the time of his mother's death, there were a lot of strange happenings in the tolland vernon rockville area in the 1970s and 1980s several people had gone missing from that area including janice pockett, lisa white, and a few others don't think there is a connection as janice and lisa both went missing in the 1970s janice was 6 or 7 and lisa was a teeanger

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly
Back