MO - 1-month-old girl dies when mother, Mariah Thomas, allegedly places her in oven instead of crib, mom charged - Kansas City, 9 Feb 2024

ifindedout

Reaction score
On Friday, Kansas City Police investigated the suspicious death of an infant at a home near E. 41st Street and Forest Avenue.

On Saturday, Jackson Country Prosecutors charged the mother for allegedly killing the baby by putting her 1-month-old child in an oven. The mother, who’s been identified by officials as Mariah Thomas, is facing a Class A felony of Endangering the Welfare of a Child in the 1st degree, Death of a Child.

Police responded Friday afternoon to a report of an infant not breathing. A probable cause statement said responders found the child with apparent burns. The child was pronounced dead at the scene.

The statement said responders were told by a witness that the mother “put the child down for a nap and accidentally placed her in the oven instead of the crib."

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article285331992.html
Kansas City police responded to the Manheim Park residence at 1:24 p.m. Friday on a report of an infant that was not breathing. According to the police affidavit, the baby lay in a car seat inside the living room near the front door.

Officers observed apparent burn wounds on the baby’s body, the affidavit said, and the Kansas City Fire Department declared the child dead at the scene.

In the affidavit, officers said they told detectives that a witness said the mother of the child went to put the infant down for a nap and “accidentally placed her in the oven instead of the crib.” Detectives took statements from a witness who said around 1 p.m. he received a call that something was wrong with the baby and that he needed to return home immediately.

When he returned home, the affidavit said, he could smell smoke inside the house and found the baby dead inside the crib.

On Friday, Kansas City Police investigated the suspicious death of an infant at a home near E. 41st Street and Forest Avenue.

On Saturday, Jackson Country Prosecutors charged the mother for allegedly killing the baby by putting her 1-month-old child in an oven. The mother, who’s been identified by officials as Mariah Thomas, is facing a Class A felony of Endangering the Welfare of a Child in the 1st degree, Death of a Child.

Police responded Friday afternoon to a report of an infant not breathing. A probable cause statement said responders found the child with apparent burns. The child was pronounced dead at the scene.

The statement said responders were told by a witness that the mother “put the child down for a nap and accidentally placed her in the oven instead of the crib."

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article285331992.html
Kansas City police responded to the Manheim Park residence at 1:24 p.m. Friday on a report of an infant that was not breathing. According to the police affidavit, the baby lay in a car seat inside the living room near the front door.

Officers observed apparent burn wounds on the baby’s body, the affidavit said, and the Kansas City Fire Department declared the child dead at the scene.

In the affidavit, officers said they told detectives that a witness said the mother of the child went to put the infant down for a nap and “accidentally placed her in the oven instead of the crib.” Detectives took statements from a witness who said around 1 p.m. he received a call that something was wrong with the baby and that he needed to return home immediately.

When he returned home, the affidavit said, he could smell smoke inside the house and found the baby dead inside the crib.
It’s unbelievable. I remember way back in the 1970s they would talk about mothers on drugs who put their babies in the oven. As a kid, it horrified me but as I got older I assumed it must have just been rumor and urban legend type of thing. Now all these years later, this horrifying story.

Mariah's FB.

According to her facebook, she also lost a child on 12/30/22?

Anyone else see bruises - photo dated 2/8. Zariah Mmy

Last edited:
They had to mean before this incident? But the infant is only 1 month old. Can you link it?
Edited: removed non mainstream/approved WS source

There doesn’t seem to be recent pics of Za’Riah on her FB so it gives me pause. I don’t know what is going on.

But, Mariah’s birthday was the other day so…. Alcohol/drugs may be a factor if the 6 week thing is false. MOO IMO

Last edited:
You think she looks over 2 months old in that pic? I think my paranoia is getting the best of me. I guess anything to believe that what is being reported didn’t really happen
Yeah I think so, because if you look at the photo posted at the beginning of Jan. you can definitely see a difference in her face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimsical Chaos
Back